RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees
(05-02-2017, 11:01 AM)Toot Wrote:
(04-30-2017, 09:52 AM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: Merri gives Toot a sharp look.  She didn't even have to speak.  The look told the whole story.  

:p

"Sheesh, me only had elemental's welfare in mind," Toot replies.  "Shananana said Dragons have extraordinary senses and we... or at least, I, don't want elemental creature to be hurt." 

Quote:Merri directs her air elemental towards the copse and it reports back fairly soon. There are animals grazing on the far side of the trees, and apparently they don't seem to be too concerned about the creature made of, well, wind.

When Merri tells everyone what the Elemental discovered, Toot says, "Me think stealthy people sneak over to the copse of trees to talk to animals."  Toot will then use his hat's magic to finish shrinking a full foot from his regular height so now he's a mere nine inches tall.

But why? We know he is a dragon. So we have no chance. What do you want to ask? Where is his lair?
I suppose as a hunter we have to hide and peek the dragon from a high place. I think he will appear soon if he is a big butcher. If he leaves his lair we have to go there grab his treasure quickly and run, run, run.

ooc - he forgot about the key for a moment Smile
Quote this message in a reply
(05-02-2017, 01:16 PM)Silent Giant Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 11:01 AM)Toot Wrote:
(04-30-2017, 09:52 AM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: Merri gives Toot a sharp look.  She didn't even have to speak.  The look told the whole story.  

:p

"Sheesh, me only had elemental's welfare in mind," Toot replies.  "Shananana said Dragons have extraordinary senses and we... or at least, I, don't want elemental creature to be hurt." 

Quote:Merri directs her air elemental towards the copse and it reports back fairly soon. There are animals grazing on the far side of the trees, and apparently they don't seem to be too concerned about the creature made of, well, wind.

When Merri tells everyone what the Elemental discovered, Toot says, "Me think stealthy people sneak over to the copse of trees to talk to animals."  Toot will then use his hat's magic to finish shrinking a full foot from his regular height so now he's a mere nine inches tall.

But why? We know he is a dragon. So we have no chance. What do you want to ask? Where is his lair?
I suppose as a hunter we have to hide and peek the dragon from a high place. I think he will appear soon if he is a big butcher. If he leaves his lair we have to go there grab his treasure quickly and run, run, run.

ooc - he forgot about the key for a moment Smile

Toot stares at the Giant man as he reasons out what the group needs to do based upon the scenarios floating around in his head.  When he's finished Toot says, "Well... we are looking for something right now annnnd it's been Toot's experience that such items are usually guarded by HUGE powerful beasts.  [And DM's like to put them there too.  Tongue  ]  But even if item isn't with the dragon, it would be a good idea to know where his lair is so we don't just happen to stumble onto it and get ourselves melted into a puddle.  Do you agree?" 
(05-02-2017, 02:05 PM)Toot Wrote: Toot stares at the Giant man as he reasons out what the group needs to do based upon the scenarios floating around in his head.  When he's finished Toot says, "Well... we are looking for something right now annnnd it's been Toot's experience that such items are usually guarded by HUGE powerful beasts.  [And DM's like to put them there too.  Tongue  ]  But even if item isn't with the dragon, it would be a good idea to know where his lair is so we don't just happen to stumble onto it and get ourselves melted into a puddle.  Do you agree?" 

Yeah, let's do it Wink
POortho nods his agreement to the Toot whi now just comes up to his thigh in height.

"Besides the fact that we all fear this dragon makes it a good candidate to be the Sea of Fear."

"I can move closer to the animals with you."
[Hide +12 (+16 in forest); pass without trace, Sculpt sound]
So who's going? Toot (without Boo?), Giant, Portho?
Merri stands with arms crossed, intently staring at the copse of trees. The air elemental had assumed the form of a small woman where it rested on her shoulder. Loose whisps of hair not tucked into braids fluttered in the breeze caused by the elemental. She nodded in agreement with the extra scouting mission. All this dancing around before even entering the magical dragon fear irritated her though she knew caution was neccessary with such beasts. Something felt wrong, and she was unable to find the words to express it. They should know by now if a dragon was near. Hopefully the animals would be able to communicate something concrete.
(05-03-2017, 08:31 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: So who's going? Toot (without Boo?), Giant, Portho?

Yep, Giant follows them.
The three sneak forward, their steps unheard by all barring maybe ants under their feet, and approach the trees keeping the game on the blind side.
The two smaller creatures enter the trees without problems but as Giant steps in his move makes a violent move in the branches.
All three of them can see the animals looking up with a start, ready to jump and flee.
All is silent.
OoC - I thought it was just going to be the two, Toot and Portho.

Lugar did not have the long legs like Giant so he decides to hang back with the others.  Besides, talking to animals was not his thing.  "You guys do your thing, I'll wait around here with the others.  In the mean time I think the rest of us should make ourselves discreet in case the dragon flies overhead."  He walks over to Merri and Shunna and uses his magic hat to blend his clothes in with the surrounding.  "Maybe one of you should send your familiar with them in case there's danger.  What are their names anyway?"  He asks, looking at the windy form of a woman.

Hide = 30
(05-03-2017, 12:45 PM)Lugar Wrote: OoC - I thought it was just going to be the two, Toot and Portho.
OOC - Me to, but nobody said it to Giant yet Wink

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon