RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account




$81.68 donated / $385 needed
for site upkeep Jun 2017-2018!

  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5


In the Mix
#21
(Sorry i was away, IRL Yanked me for a few. )

Kage was basically silent as she followed along, doing her best to keep to the shadows though not really trying to hide it was something she was doing more out of habit. As the others went in through the front of the bar she scouted around the building looking first on the ground for alternate entrances / exits and then she would make her way to the roof preferably using a fire escape if not well she had a grappling line and gun for a reason.
Quote this message in a reply
#22
Jack looked over the bartender's confused look. "Guess those punks were just pulling my leg. Said there was a fixer named 'Racer' that had some work. We'll if there is no work, i might as well spend my last few bucks on some drinks and enjoy the music." Jack looks for any kind of reaction from the bartender after the name drop and puts enough Euro's on the table for a off brand beer. "So that girl really knows how to play, I'm surprised no one's snatched her up for some media label."
Quote this message in a reply
#23
The building holding the dive is an old tenement high rise built during the influx of destitute midwesterners when the agriculture industry crashed. It's about 40 stories tall. There are several entrances on all sides, many of which look to have been added at a later date. Only the front side of the building faces the street. Other buildings have been built dangerously close on all other sides, creating narrow, dark alleys. Trash fills them, covering the ground completely. None of that has stopped people from trying to live in the alley.

The bartender grunts. "Must be. I'm Racer, and I ain't offering any work. Just trying to survive like everyone else out here." He quickly makes the cash vanish and replaces it with an opened bottle. "Oh, Iron Maddy? Yeah, she's got a gift. Refuses to sign with anyone without the rest of her band. They do well enough, but nobody is going anywhere covering old tunes."
Quote this message in a reply
#24
Kage looks carefully over the people in the narrow alleys looking for someone that might be a fixer. Then over back street before she slips back down to street level if she finds no one of particular interest and would then walk into the bar checking on her sister and the old man as she scanned the place once for entrances then the people inside for weapons. As well as the walls ceilings and floors for any possible pop turrets. It was not so much paranoia as it was training. After pausing at the door for a little longer than normal and refusing to show ID to the door troll whom she would be seriously considering feeding his own fist to.
Quote this message in a reply
#25
Jack looks over at the band as they start up a new 'old' song. It only vaguely sounds familiar to him, but he nods his head along to the beat. "Despite the lack of funds, she's almost better off not being picked up by a corporate label. I've done some work here and there for them and from what I've seen those in their employment are little more than cogs that will be tossed aside when they're no longer useful. At least she's free here." Jack raises his glass to Maddy and the band. "So how does one get the name of Racer?"
Quote this message in a reply
#26
(04-30-2017, 08:32 AM)Man in Black Wrote: The building holding the dive is an old tenement high rise built during the influx of destitute midwesterners when the agriculture industry crashed.  It's about 40 stories tall.  There are several entrances on all sides, many of which look to have been added at a later date.  Only the front side of the building faces the street.  Other buildings have been built dangerously close on all other sides, creating narrow, dark alleys.  Trash fills them, covering the ground completely.  None of that has stopped people from trying to live in the alley.

The bartender grunts.  "Must be.  I'm Racer, and I ain't offering any work.  Just trying to survive like everyone else out here."  He quickly makes the cash vanish and replaces it with an opened bottle.  "Oh, Iron Maddy?  Yeah, she's got a gift.  Refuses to sign with anyone without the rest of her band.  They do well enough, but nobody is going anywhere covering old tunes."

Akiko waits patiently while Jack finishes engaging the bartender... Then she pounces.  She jumps across the bar and swings a hard cybernetic leg directed at the bartender's head, who just identified himself as Racer.  They were here to send him a message and although she didn't believe that he was Racer, maybe beating the crap out of him will end this game of where's Waldo.  "Enough of this! Where's Racer? Are does he pay you enough to take his beating for him?"  She says then draws a pistol from her leg to point at his head.

[url=[1d20+16] = 6+16 = 22 kick, [2d6] = 10 damage]Attak[/url]
Quote this message in a reply
#27
Proper To hit: [1d10+16] = 8+16 = 24 (1d10, no d20's in this one.)
(+5 for ambush, -4 for targeting)


He shrugs. "Used to race cars, until the acc.. Wha..!" He is taken by surprise as Akiko comes flying into him, feet first into his head. Racer goes down in a heap where blood begins pouring out of his cracked skull. The sleepy bouncer suddenly wakes up and pulls a shotgun out from underneath his stand.

(Roll initiative!)
Quote this message in a reply
#28
(05-04-2017, 04:52 AM)Man in Black Wrote: Proper To hit: [1d10+16] = 8+16 = 24 (1d10, no d20's in this one.)
(+5 for ambush, -4 for targeting)


He shrugs.  "Used to race cars, until the acc..  Wha..!"  He is taken by surprise as Akiko comes flying into him, feet first into his head.  Racer goes down in a heap where blood begins pouring out of his cracked skull.  The sleepy bouncer suddenly wakes up and pulls a shotgun out from underneath his stand.

(Roll initiative!)

OoC - Oops, I should've known that. D20 force of habit! I didn't mean to split his skull, but come to think of it I don't even know hit points are in this game. Is it just the Body stat?

OoC- I'll be away this weekend and most likely unable to post. I can't roll atm but if Akiko wins initiative she will use the bar for cover, or the bartender, and shoot the bouncer in the arms. Sorry bud. Basically to "try" not to kill him.
Quote this message in a reply
#29
Jack thinks to himself. "This is why i prefer to work alone." As he sees Betsy leap over the bar, he begins to plan his next action.

Initiative: [1d10+8] = 7+8 = 15
Quote this message in a reply
#30
(So missing one person. Did she change her mind about feeding the bouncer his fist? )
Quote this message in a reply

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  




Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Forum software by © MyBB - Custom theme © iAndrew 2014 - All Material and Content © artCain, HJCain, and RPGAddicts 2009 - 2015
     
ABOUT US
A gaming group started in late 2005 when several members (from all over the world) came together on a long-running forum website called Plothook.net (formally known as Highmoon.net). Several games transformed from a by-the-book format to highly modified versions that became new hybrid systems with completely custom rules and abilities. Ten years later, these faithful players wanted to secure their work and their stories, becoming the basis of these forums.