RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

$81.68 donated / $385 needed
for site upkeep Jun 2017-2018!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

In the Mix
Jack thinks the name is vaguely familiar. Possibly something he'd seen on a screamsheet about some new rockers hitting the scene.
Quote this message in a reply
Hikaru nods to her sister when she sits down. "Nice to see you... Betsy. Your sure this is the place?. " (in Rapid Japanese) She looks around the dive bar and ca.n practically feel the class being sucked out of her by the patrons sheer presence. She watches the screen as the little white man talks. She listens to the verbal interplay between her sister and the tracer sitting with them. Only catching a few words here and their in the English they use. "You speak, Street, Yes? We use that talk, You no speak Japanese."

She looks to her sister. "Beat up, Racer. You find, I hit." She smiles and then in rapid Japanese to her sister. "Who is the guy, have you worked with him before?" She then looked back to him as he asked about names. "You Call I, Kage no Ken, Kage short version."

She then stands up with the practiced easy you rarely see save from professional athletes in the martial arts and waits for her sister and the Joe she suspects has a badge.
Jack examines the near duplicate of Betsy, but her demeanor seems much less friendly. "Sorry Kage, no Japanese, but I am fluent in Spanish if need be. So unless you ladies have anything in mind here, we should figure out who and where Racer operates. I think I've seen his name before, but I'll need to check out a data terminal to be sure."  Jack heads over to the bouncer to collect his weapons and look for a near by data term to pull up some old scream sheets.
(04-13-2017, 10:14 AM)Gonzo917 Wrote: "It's always about money, it's just not money that'll end up in our pockets." Jack extends his hand to the similar looking sisters. "Hello Betsy. I've seen a lot of shooters in this city, but few have been as attractive as you two. Almost makes me thing this may be more trouble than it's worth." Jack sips his crude excuse for coffee trying not to break eye contact with Betsy, and remember if she or the other sister sets off a red flag in his memory.  " In my experience trouble has a way of following pretty girls."

Streetwise = [1d10+10] = 3+10 = 13 for knowledge of Racer

Streetwise = [1d10+10] = 8+10 = 18 for knowledge of Betsy

OoC: Sorry for being away, Easter and a wedding had me preoccupied

"You think we are pretty?"  Out of the corners of her eyes she gives her sister a glance.  "Do you have a lot of experience with pretty girls?.. Beauty is only synthskin deep."  
(04-17-2017, 12:03 AM)Kage no Ken Wrote: Hikaru nods to her sister when she sits down.  "Nice to see you... Betsy. Your sure this is the place?. " (in Rapid Japanese)  She looks around the dive bar and ca.n practically feel the class being sucked out of her by the patrons sheer presence.  She watches the screen as  the little white man talks. She listens to the verbal interplay between her sister and the tracer sitting with them. Only catching a few words here and their  in the English they use.  "You speak, Street, Yes? We use that talk, You no speak Japanese."  

She looks to her sister. "Beat up, Racer. You find, I hit." She smiles and then in rapid Japanese to her sister. "Who is the guy, have you worked with him before?"  She then looked back to him as he asked about names. "You Call I, Kage no Ken, Kage short version."

She then stands up with the practiced easy you rarely see save from professional athletes in the martial arts and waits for her sister and the Joe she suspects has a badge.

To her sister. "Yeah, this is the place." 

In Japanese. "He's a tracker, he's new in town but word on the street is he's good."

"Good idea, Jack."  Akiko follows her sister and Jack to get his weapons and find a data terminal.  She will watch his back as he uses the machine by facing the opposite direction as she stands next to him so that they can still see each other.

"So Jack, you like this kinda work, beating peeps up for euros?"
As Jack tries to get the terminal up and running, he wipes off the day old dust and grime he searches for any reference to "Racer" in Night City. "I've had some experience with pretty girls in the past, but tigers are also pretty. Doesn't mean they're harmless. This is not a first choice when it comes to work, but bills must be paid and bellies filled."
This club may only be a few blocks away, but the area is significantly more disreputable. Several street lights have been shot out, leaving old neon as the primary source of illumination. The resulting strobe effect threatens to throw even the hardiest into epilectic fits. This is remarkably less effective than dive bar bullies at keeping vagrats at bay. More than a few sleeping off drugs and alcohol partially block the entrance way as if the bouncer couldn't be bothered to bounce anyone any further.

The inside isn't much better. Most of the patrons here seem to slammed to even notice the quality rocking going on the small stage. One particular rocker works her fingers rapidly along her frets without missing a note as she absolutely shreds an old Maiden tune. The bar itself is rather barren. A few old memorabilia from a defunct racing league are hung here and there. A simple bar stocked with cheap liquor sits on the far side of the room. A mirror on the wall is likely a one way window where management can keep an eye one things. The security consists of one sleepy slab of beef in the corner.
OoC - Is it The Number of the Beast?

Akiko looks around at the dismal place then at Jack and Kage as if in confirmation that yes, this place took a nose dive off the ugly tree. There is no doubt in her mind that her sister would mop the floor with the sleeping bouncer in the corner, but where was Racer?  She pulls down her goggles over her eyes focusing on the mirror.  "Shall we go in guns blazing?" She says through her face mask in that thick Japanese accent, ready to pop out a pistol and shoot out the glass.
"Better to play it safe. No need to start a fight we won't get paid for. Let's see if Racer is even here first." Jack walks into the bar trying to keep his head down, but attempting to size up anyone inside. Jack pulls up a stool at the bar and asks for glass of cheap whiskey and hot coffee. Hopefully not worse than the swill at Kane's place. "I'm new to the area and was wondering if any fixers in the area are looking for some hired hands. I could use something to get my foot in the door in this town."

Notice & Awareness + Int: [1d10+13] = 5+13 = 18
(Be Quick, or be Dead. Go figure. Big Grin )

Akiko's goggles don't pick up any heat signatures behind the wall or the glass.

The bartender returns a quizzical look. "I think you're in the wrong place, pal. I can fix you up with some cheap beer or something toxic that remotely resembles whiskey. You ain't got the look to be musically inlined and that fat ass over there is about all the security this place can afford." The man looks wearily at Jack while wating for an answer. From the look of the old bottles behind the bar, he probably wasn't exaggerating about the toxic part. At least the cooler has some cheap brand beer that lookes safe. ish.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon