RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-3: Safe Haven
(04-13-2017, 06:52 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Cranberry nods, leaning on her gnarled staff with both hands which gives her an unusually frail and elderly look.
"Unfortunately we are afraid of a threat. Animals are no mindless meat and they wouldn't migrate into a threat but if you happen to encounter a threat... a fearsome threat. Know that our neighbour is powerful, probably more powerful than the eight of you combined. So avoid unnecessary bloodshed, yours included. Of course, hunting for food is permitted, as long as you keep it at the level of necessity."

"Me have the utmost respect for animals," Toot replies.  "But what you say isn't completely true.  Instinct is what drive most animals.  Salmon's instinct tell them to swim upstream to their spawning bed.  But they die by the millions while on the way cuz of predators or exhaustion from fighting the current and jumping rapids.  Horses been known to run into burning barns because instinct tell them the barn is a place of safety even though it on fire.  Animals might migrate into a threat if instinct is forcing them to go to threatened area like horses or pass through threatened area like salmon."

[RE: The Neighbor]
"You like to talk in threats," Toot says while pursing his lips in annoyance.  "We here to help.  Not here to be threatened.  Who is this neighbor?  Why are you trying to be so mysterious about him by only making more threats.  You must know who neighbor is so stop dancing around the subject and just tell us who and what he is so we know how not to anger him."
DM Surranó Wrote:Cranberry nods, leaning on her gnarled staff with both hands which gives her an unusually frail and elderly look.
"Unfortunately we are afraid of a threat. Animals are no mindless meat and they wouldn't migrate into a threat but if you happen to encounter a threat... a fearsome threat.

Yeah, as I said - he crosses his hands and lifts his head up proudly

DM Surranó Wrote:
Know that our neighbour is powerful, probably more powerful than the eight of you combined. So avoid unnecessary bloodshed, yours included. Of course, hunting for food is permitted, as long as you keep it at the level of necessity."

Eight of us? We are The Seven, aren't we? - he starts counting using his fingers - Lugar, Merri, Torin, Portho, Shanna, Toot, me, ahh, and Boo. ( ooc - and two familiars? Smile )
"Wisely said," the female fey nods with a kind of half-smile, "yet those salmons and horses flee from something their instincts telling them to be greater threats. And I'm not here to threaten you. Just to warn you that if the lives of animals are threatened then it's not necessarily your fight. I don't need to tell you more about our neighbour. If you are worthy you find out soon enough yourselves. Just don't die trying."
Come on guys, move. I have said we are wasting our time here. They know nothing. These little elves reminds me to half-elf Elfrog. I think they are relatives.

If his ranger part knows the way back then he leaves and leads the party next to the lake.
[In past]
(04-11-2017, 11:20 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: We are wasting our time here! - he is angry - What's taking so long? I don't wait until the gate closes. Let's go check that tree and find the key. - he goes closer and examines the tree 

(ooc - We have waited here an hour, it's to much time to ask a question)

- Easy Rider, little brother! Easy... (aka. Ízirájder öcsém! Ízirájder! ) (OOC - form the famous hungarian cult movie Big Grin )

[Back to the present]

- Let us GO! - Torin says and starts with SG.
(04-13-2017, 02:58 PM)Torin Wrote: [In past]
(04-11-2017, 11:20 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: We are wasting our time here! - he is angry - What's taking so long? I don't wait until the gate closes. Let's go check that tree and find the key. - he goes closer and examines the tree 

(ooc - We have waited here an hour, it's to much time to ask a question)

- Easy Rider, little brother! Easy... (aka. Ízirájder öcsém! Ízirájder! ) (OOC - form the famous hungarian cult movie Big Grin )

[Back to the present]

- Let us GO! - Torin says and starts with SG.

[OoC - Thanks for sharing Torin.  I just watched it, that was funny. Favorite part - "Who's the boss?" He can't tell who the musician is looking at because he's cross-eyed!]

Lugar follows behind Torin.
Portho's head bobs as he nods vigorously his agreement to get moving. 

"Maybe it is that simple, the animals move because they are running in fear? And we are looking for the Key of Fear... we should at least check it out."

"I'll stck close.."

With that Portho moves into the bushes beside the trail and silently vanishes.

[OoC Pass without trace at will, absolutely Silent due to Sculpt Sound (as is the entire party except their vocal chords), and Hide +18 in Forested areas]
"Again, prophecy." Says Merri. "As much as I would like to believe otherwise, it will work itself out with us as its agents." She pauses for a moment. "Or others should we fail. So let us waste no more time on debating the nature of animals. It matters not right now. We should move to investigate this 'neighbor.'"
(04-13-2017, 01:43 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: "Wisely said," the female fey nods with a kind of half-smile, "yet those salmons and horses flee from something their instincts telling them to be greater threats. And I'm not here to threaten you. Just to warn you that if the lives of animals are threatened then it's not necessarily your fight. I don't need to tell you more about our neighbour. If you are worthy you find out soon enough yourselves. Just don't die trying."

Toot narrows his eyes at the Fey.  "More trickery.  Yous ask us to help but hide information.  If yous want greatest chance of success then hiding knowledge of 'neighbor' in the name of 'worthiness' is shear foolishness!"

[Sense Motive +7]
[Spot & Listen +7]
[Will Save +14]

When Toot begins to leave he asks, "Should Toot take form of big animal so Toot prepared if combat happen or wait until after first combat to see what kind creatures are encountered?"

If the general consensus is to turn into a Dire Ape now, Toot will strip off all his equipment and magic items (except his ring of sustenance). Then decide which to put on after transformation.

[OoC: Equipment to put on after tranformation: Periapt of Wisdom, Haversack, monk's belt, bag of holding, hat of disguise (make him look like a giant), cloak of resistance and Large masterwork quarterstaff. I think that's it... For now Boo will be wearing the Ring of sustenance, Helm of comprehending languages and Druid Necklace. Did I miss anything?]
Toot senses precautionary distance in the fey's words and body language. Maybe Cranberry wants to see the team in action before revealing cardinal information.

"We are not yet... confident... that you would benefit from this kind of information. In fact it could lull you into a false sensation of safety. An encounter with him will not be decided by how prepared you are for fight. I repeat, no need to die trying."

When there are no more questions, the elderly woman leads the way to the northern edge of the grove, right at the feet of a steep rocky path. As soon as you place your feet outside the grove she steps back and disappears.

(Ooc please continue asking Cranberry or discussing strategy in IC tone here, or use ooc thread for things like rules, choice of spells, etc. I will close this Thad and open new IC thread in 24h)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon