RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-3: Safe Haven
(04-10-2017, 07:47 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: As for the dagger; identify reveals its secret: the handle is actually a secret compartment holding a scroll of rusting grasp. (that's what I referred to by saying that you didn't realise what you've got...)

[OoC: Though you made it sound so much more interesting... Tongue ]

[After items get identified...]

Toot eyes the scroll while feeling its thick soft texture between his tiny finger and says, "Rusting Ass?"  He blinks at the identifier and adds, "Me no think Toot likes sound of that... OH! GRASP!  Oh... that sounds safer.  Me not have to worry about a rusty ass if accidentally activated scroll when cleaning up sticky.  Since me can already cast Rusting Grasp, me not need to keep scroll..."  Toot rubs the fine vellum between his fingers again and whispers, "Me think Toot keep this for special occasion.  Like after fighting big scary monster like an Itchy Dragon.  Toot will need special paper after that."  

Ludgar Wrote:OoC: it's probably better that Toot didn't know he had TP on his person. I just thought of a terrible DnD joke- What is the worst scroll to use to wipe your arse?
Burning Hands! I told you it was terrible.
[OoC2:  Tongue   Somebody better convince Toot that saving the scroll might be of more use.  He does have a huge wisdom so it's doubtful he would be that wasteful.  However, if it were an emergency...  Tongue ]
[Back to the Present...]

When Portho mentions the archers, Toot doesn't bat an eye.  Even if he himself did not see them, he suspected there would be many sentry.   Toot continues to search the area with his eyes.  Scrutinizing everything two or three times before he's willing to consider it was not an illusion.  
When Boo is offered berries, Toot pats Boo on the side for resisting the lure of food.  Fey were known for tricks and could have easily laced the berries with a sleeping potion.  It was best not to trust anything they have to offer.

Toot says, "Most Fey have no sense of time.  We could be waiting here a minute or a century and these creatures not care.  My kind are different.  Most are murdered so we respect the little time we have.  We may have to take more drastic measures.  Like Portho fascinating them all again then suggesting she come out to visit with us."

Rubbing his chin, Toot decides to throw caution to the wind.  He lifts his tummy to show he doesn't have any weapons hidden and slowly takes a few steps forward.  "Me not know if this work but me Fey too.  As a fellow Fey, me wants to talk to the Matron.  We on big quest to save worlds and time is of the essence.  Please, may me speak with Matron?"

[OoC3: While updating my Signature I realized I made a mistake when calculating the damage Toot would do with his Quarterstaff in Dire Ape form.  Since he's using a Staff in two hands he would multiply his damage bonus for strength by 1.5 times.  So his damage should be: 1d8+9/1d8+9 ( Bite: 1d8+3).
Cranberry nods at Toot.

"I appreciate your revelation of the obvious. However, not every fey, not even children of Crystal Grove are allowed to see the Matron. I am your host and you must be satisfied with that. She saw all your impatience and wariness, as well as your value as an established company where strength and temper listen to wisdom and reasoning. She told me you deserve a chance to prove your worthiness. We've observed that most animals that used Crystal Lake as their primary source of water have migrated upstream. You are to check on them and report whatever you find atop the ridge to the northeast. Don't waste much of your precious time but make sure that you do check on Nature's health up there."
[OoC: You posted at the same time as I was updating my last post so in case you might have missed my OoC3 about my mistake about the damage Toot does in Dire Ape form, I'm giving you a heads up here.]

"Fine," Toot replies.  He then throws a glance back at the rest of the group and says, "Unless there is something more, lets go!"
Lugar hates the thought of being watched, all he wanted to do was slink into the shadows but he couldn't.  (should've became a Shadow Dancer!) He drew his cloak around him and tried to be as unnoticeable as possible, especially when SG was about to spring a trap...  

Finally Cranberry arrives and gives them a mission.  Lugar couldn't help but feel that they were being sent on a fools errand but better that then dealing with ghostly ghouls and evil spirits.

"Might as well go, we can learn about this area better." Lugar replies to Toot then addresses their host, "I take it, this venture upstream is not the challenge and you may already know what is going on there?"
"Yes, it is the challenge that keeps us home and that's why we need you to go on this important mission. If you can find out whether the animals are safe there, or better, why did they migrate there in the first place, that would aid our main goal a lot."
(04-12-2017, 03:26 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: We've observed that most animals that used Crystal Lake as their primary source of water have migrated upstream. You are to check on them and report whatever you find atop the ridge to the northeast. Don't waste much of your precious time but make sure that you do check on Nature's health up there."

So there must be something fearsome we are looking for. Let's go. 
ooc - We have to find an animal and Portho can ask it Smile
(04-11-2017, 12:47 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: ...
You can hear some noise from the surrounding undergrowth all around the clearing, something resembling to tree branches moving in the wind. Except that there is no wind.

Shanna peers about herself suspiciously.  Wait a second...

(04-11-2017, 08:22 PM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: "Archers!! All around!!" Porthos voice almost squeaks in his nervousness.

[OoC can he ready a spell... Mirror Image at the first twang of a bowstring being released....?]

Shanna snaps a hand up to retrieve her Wand of Silent Image as the alert is made.  She'd heard right, something had been amiss.  Credit Portho for putting two and two together faster.

(04-12-2017, 08:48 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Myshnue raises an index finger, as if disciplining a child.
"I did not bluff by saying that dozens of eyes watch your every move."

Looking at Merri, he shakes his head.
"I don't know how to rush a Matron. Do you?"

Then there is silence again. Seems that whoever are in the bushes, don't shoot.

After some more idle time, Boo sniffs the air and turns away from the tree, growling in the opposite direction.
Cranberry appears right next to him and offers a handful of fresh berries to the omnivore mammal.
The bear sniffs her offer but does not accept, nor does he stop growling, positioning himself to protect Toot all the time.
(OOC - Toot may correct but this is how I imagine Boo's discipline and dependency on his master's approval)

"Yes, but you never said that we were under direct threat.  Such actions are counterproductive to diplomatic interactions, no?  Of course they are not.  That is why we are reacting in this way: Diplomacy at arrowpoint is ineffective."

(04-12-2017, 04:30 PM)Lugar Wrote: Lugar hates the thought of being watched, all he wanted to do was slink into the shadows but he couldn't.  (should've became a Shadow Dancer!) He drew his cloak around him and tried to be as unnoticeable as possible, especially when SG was about to spring a trap...  

Finally Cranberry arrives and gives them a mission.  Lugar couldn't help but feel that they were being sent on a fools errand but better that then dealing with ghostly ghouls and evil spirits.

"Might as well go, we can learn about this area better." Lugar replies to Toot then addresses their host, "I take it, this venture upstream is not the challenge and you may already know what is going on there?"

Shanna grins at Lugar "I struggle to believe that keeping watch over animals has anything to do with the Key or the challenge.  However..."  She muses for a moment, trailing off  "Was this Key not called the 'Key of Fear?'  Perhaps whatever is connected to this errand they are sending us on is somehow connected with the Key."  It was a Fool's Hope, to be sure, but might as well make the attempt at hoping.

(04-12-2017, 05:21 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: "Yes, it is the challenge that keeps us home and that's why we need you to go on this important mission. If you can find out whether the animals are safe there, or better, why did they migrate there in the first place, that would aid our main goal a lot."

"So long as we do not return under arrowpoint..."

((Sorry about the delay in posting.  Passover is here and it wasn't until now that I could find the time (and internet access) to post)).
"If it was that simple, Lugar, they would not be asking us to do it for them. Animals migrate for many reasons. A depleted food source is usually the cause, but a threat can be possible as well. We should be prepared for anything." She was fairly certain there was some dire threat that they were walking into. She trusted that everyone else was experienced enough to realize this as well.
(04-13-2017, 03:03 AM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: Shanna snaps a hand up to retrieve her Wand of Silent Image as the alert is made.  She'd heard right, something had been amiss.  Credit Portho for putting two and two together faster.

Myshnue snaps at Shanna.
"Don't."
Then explains, at a lowered voice, barely enough for Shanna to hear,
"Don't draw anything that may look like a weapon from a distance."

(04-13-2017, 03:03 AM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: "Yes, but you never said that we were under direct threat.  Such actions are counterproductive to diplomatic interactions, no?  Of course they are not.  That is why we are reacting in this way: Diplomacy at arrowpoint is ineffective."

"Let me put it this way. Ever met a community leader not surrounded by guards?"

(04-13-2017, 03:03 AM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: Shanna grins at Lugar "I struggle to believe that keeping watch over animals has anything to do with the Key or the challenge.  However..."  She muses for a moment, trailing off  "Was this Key not called the 'Key of Fear?'  Perhaps whatever is connected to this errand they are sending us on is somehow connected with the Key."  

(04-13-2017, 05:16 AM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: "If it was that simple, Lugar, they would not be asking us to do it for them. Animals migrate for many reasons. A depleted food source is usually the cause, but a threat can be possible as well. We should be prepared for anything."

Cranberry nods, leaning on her gnarled staff with both hands which gives her an unusually frail and elderly look.
"Unfortunately we are afraid of a threat. Animals are no mindless meat and they wouldn't migrate into a threat but if you happen to encounter a threat... a fearsome threat. Know that our neighbour is powerful, probably more powerful than the eight of you combined. So avoid unnecessary bloodshed, yours included. Of course, hunting for food is permitted, as long as you keep it at the level of necessity."

(04-13-2017, 03:03 AM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: ((Sorry about the delay in posting.  Passover is here and it wasn't until now that I could find the time (and internet access) to post)).

OOC - that's totally okay. I will also be away from Friday to Monday. (finally, Good Friday is a public holiday in Hungary!)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon