RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-3: Safe Haven
(04-10-2017, 07:47 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Sorry for the amulet oversight. It is as Kiera said.
As for the dagger; identify reveals its secret: the handle is actually a secret compartment holding a scroll of rusting grasp. (that's what I referred to by saying that you didn't realise what you've got...)

OoC: it's probably better that Toot didn't know he had TP on his person. I just thought of a terrible DnD joke- What is the worst scroll to use to wipe your arse? 
Burning Hands! I told you it was terrible.
(04-10-2017, 07:37 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Time passes. Maybe an hour. since the party has arrived to the clearing but it is hard to tell since those distant bobbing lights look like eternal twilight.

We are wasting our time here! - he is angry - What's taking so long? I don't wait until the gate closes. Let's go check that tree and find the key. - he goes closer and examines the tree 

(ooc - We have waited here an hour, it's to much time to ask a question)
Giant approaches to examine the tree. As soon as he is 20 feet from it, though, Myshnue's voice chimes in.

"I wouldn't get any closer," he warns.

From this distance, the tree looks like-- a very old tree.

Private to Shanna.
You can hear some noise from the surrounding undergrowth all around the clearing, something resembling to tree branches moving in the wind. Except that there is no wind.
Private to Portho.
You can hear some noise from the surrounding undergrowth all around the clearing. It sounded like bending wood, like drawing a bow. Except that it came from all around, at least a dozen or two.
"Archers!! All around!!" Porthos voice almost squeaks in his nervousness.

[OoC can he ready a spell... Mirror Image at the first twang of a bowstring being released....?]
(04-11-2017, 12:47 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Giant approaches to examine the tree. As soon as he is 20 feet from it, though, Myshnue's voice chimes in.

"I wouldn't get any closer," he warns.

He stops and looks at him - Why? Do you know where is the key?
(04-11-2017, 08:22 PM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: "Archers!! All around!!" Porthos voice almost squeaks in his nervousness.

Trap!!! You son of a witch, khm, bitch! I knew here are your fellows too! - he says to Myshnue and readies his bow to shoot back if somebody attacks him
Merri sighs. The short-lived races had so little patience. "Is your life so short that you must race to your death? Have patience, Giant. Molesting their sacred tree is not the way to make friends. Imagine if they were placing their grimy paws all over your roast pig, how would you feel?"

Though she showed outward calm, she was beginning to feel the same impatience. She turned to the hungry fairy. "Time is of the essence. Is there a way of speeding up the process?"
(04-12-2017, 04:19 AM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: Merri sighs.  The short-lived races had so little patience.  "Is your life so short that you must race to your death?  Have patience, Giant.  Molesting their sacred tree is not the way to make friends.  Imagine if they were placing their grimy paws all over your roast pig, how would you feel?"

Yeah, you are right, I would cut off their hands. I have never hurt trees but something is not okay here. We are waiting here for an hour but we are in hurry.
Myshnue raises an index finger, as if disciplining a child.
"I did not bluff by saying that dozens of eyes watch your every move."

Looking at Merri, he shakes his head.
"I don't know how to rush a Matron. Do you?"

Then there is silence again. Seems that whoever are in the bushes, don't shoot.

After some more idle time, Boo sniffs the air and turns away from the tree, growling in the opposite direction.
Cranberry appears right next to him and offers a handful of fresh berries to the omnivore mammal.
The bear sniffs her offer but does not accept, nor does he stop growling, positioning himself to protect Toot all the time.
(OOC - Toot may correct but this is how I imagine Boo's discipline and dependency on his master's approval)
Well, finally! So what? - asks the charismatic orc Wink

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon