RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-3: Safe Haven
Torin is just listening attentively. OOC - 4Toot Know Planes [1d20+4] = 3+4 = 7
(04-06-2017, 05:38 PM)Lugar Wrote: "Hey Toot, you mentioned getting organized and Portho mentioned a silencing spell.  Well it seems we have time to start preparing ourselves... Merri, Shanna, the counsel mentioned something about spells being affected by the, the, this place.  Have you tried casting a spell here yet?"

Lugar would be very appreciative of a sculpt sound spell so that his movements remain silent.  Any other enchantments would be welcome too.

[OoC, I think we all have pretty defined rolls but maybe we can "organize" like Toot suggested earlier.  SG is our obvious front line tank/destroyer and we should keep him alive and well buffed.  Torin is our main healer followed by Toot and Portho.  Am I right in saying that Merri and Shanna are our battlefield controllers and blasters?  I know Torin, Toot, and Shanna are summoners. We should never be outnumbered :Smile I see Lugar as the main scout (also trapsmith and backstabber), but really anyone can do that, even Merri's air elemental can scout (can an air elemental travel under water?). Where does Portho want to be in a fight? He is the Jack-of-all-trades!  What do we have to counter FEAR? Inspire Courage, wisdom buffs, protection from evil, other cleric spells, can anyone summon a paladin?]

"The only spells I attempted to cast so far have been from a wand, and they seem to have worked.  You should feel the effects if a creature of chaos attempts to harm you or control you."

((BC plus some buffing and debuffing.  She can summon, but it's not what she's best at.  RP reason.  Remove Fear {Level 1 Bard/Cleric spell} counters and removes Cause Fear and also grants +4 morale bonus to Will against fear effects.  We should be 'okay' against actual Divine or Arcane spells, but these effects are really neither arcane nor divine.))
(04-06-2017, 08:36 PM)Toot Wrote: "Shananana?  You know about other planes.  Do you know what counsel mean by spells being different here?  Or Merrinanana?  You know anything about other Planes?  Don't wanna cast any spells here that might not work, right?  So need to know what to expect."

[OoC: Knowledge Nature: +13; Result 28!; Searching memory for anything regarding Fey Realms and their magics.]

[Back at the City...]
While items are being identified, Toot's going to ask for the Amulet to be identified again to see if it has any additional powers as well as the Dagger with the continual light cast upon its tip.

[While leaving to meet the Counsel...]
While Toot rides in his tiny saddle on Boo's back he shifts his eyes back and forth from Shanna to Merrinna and back.  Toot stops and clears his throat.  If no one responds he has Boo roar [not super loudly but loud enough] to get their attention.  When they finally stop to listen Toot says, "Me has something to show yous twos.  Yous may not like it but it is what it is and you should know sooner than later, before someone accidentally blurts it out and gets me squished, fireballed or turned inside out."  Toot stands up in the saddle and states, "Me am Toot!  And me am Jermlaine!" With his last statement, Toot removes his hat of disguise to reveal himself to actually be a tiny, mishappened, grey-skinned humanoid with very slim limbs, a grumpy, big nosed face and slightly rat-like traits.  Toot then take on a defensive fighting stance so if they try to harm him, he will be ready to retaliate.

((Hey hey hey...goooodbyyyye  Wink ))

"Shanna.  Sha-Nah.  My name is Shanna.  Yes, I do know something about other planes.  It is my speciality, to a degree.  And I asked the counsel why the portals were 'not exactly Conjuration, but close.'  I just received more obfuscation in response.  I fear they merely are allowing us to become the blind leading the blind in this case."

She then trails off in thought.

[Before the Counsel...]

The roar of a nearby bear snaps Shanna's focus to the present and she glares at the little person riding it.  She listens, her glare softening steadily into a neutral expression.  When it removes its hat and reveals it true form, Shanna only nods in understanding.

"I see.  Very wise of you to let us know during a far less tense moment.  Thank you Toot."

[Know: Planes is +15]
Merri merely raises an eyebrow slightly at Toot's revelation. That he wasn't a gnome was no secret, but the rarely seen fey was slightly surprising. Toot was acting odd even for a gnome. How this particular situation would work out was anyone's guess. He would require a closer eye.

"Spells should work mostly as intended. The laws that govern magic are still in force. Some of the variables could be...off."She shrugs. "It is not worth expending any of my spells to test out my theory. Concrete results would require much spell-casting over a good length of time to be resolved. Be prepared to improvise."

Merri goes back to watching the tree.

knowledge planes: [1d20+13] = 16+13 = 29
(04-06-2017, 08:36 PM)Toot Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 05:38 PM)Lugar Wrote: "Hey Toot, you mentioned getting organized and Portho mentioned a silencing spell.  Well it seems we have time to start preparing ourselves... Merri, Shanna, the counsel mentioned something about spells being affected by the, the, this place.  Have you tried casting a spell here yet?"

"Shananana?  You know about other planes.  Do you know what counsel mean by spells being different here?  Or Merrinanana?  You know anything about other Planes?  Don't wanna cast any spells here that might not work, right?  So need to know what to expect."

OOC - I think "Ring of blinking" is working correctly - and spellcasters can recognize it. DM hasn't told me that it works differently than in the city.
(04-06-2017, 07:53 PM)Torin Wrote: - Who knows that? Are you an eunuch? Big Grin

"Better. I know discipline. Unlike dwarves who apparently pursue anything vaguely resembling to anything hairy in their dark tunnels." he replies, casually.

(04-06-2017, 08:36 PM)Toot Wrote: [OoC: Knowledge Nature: +13; Result 28!; Searching memory for anything regarding Fey Realms and their magics.]

Neither Toot, nor the planar expert girls can recall how magic is "off" on the Realm of Faerie, nor whether this "off" is consistent or completely random.
(04-07-2017, 12:23 PM)DM Surranó Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 07:53 PM)Torin Wrote: - Who knows that? Are you an eunuch? Big Grin

"Better. I know discipline. Unlike dwarves who apparently pursue anything vaguely resembling to anything hairy in their dark tunnels." he replies, casually.

"Hah! What do you know of our women's beards, little elf? I'd have discipline too if my shaft was as big as a bugs!"  Lugar retorts.  Torin might not be a duergar but he was at least a deep dwarf, which garnered some respect, and he wasn't going to let anyone not a dwarf insult their women. [OoC: picture a beard on a woman's... you get the idea! Tongue ]
(04-08-2017, 07:07 PM)Lugar Wrote:
(04-07-2017, 12:23 PM)DM Surranó Wrote:

"Hah! What do you know of our women's beards, little elf? I'd have discipline too if my shaft was as big as a bugs!"  Lugar retorts.  Torin might not be a duergar but he was at least a deep dwarf, which garnered some respect, and he wasn't going to let anyone not a dwarf insult their women. [OoC: picture a beard on a woman's... you get the idea! Tongue ]

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!  That was KO, dude! Ha-ha-ha!

ooc - DM, how much time has passed?
Time passes. Maybe an hour. since the party has arrived to the clearing but it is hard to tell since those distant bobbing lights look like eternal twilight.

"Nobody talked about women. or beards." Myshnue replies matter-of-factly.
Toot Wrote:[Back at the City...]

While items are being identified, Toot's going to ask for the Amulet to be identified again to see if it has any additional powers as well as the Dagger with the continual light cast upon its tip.

Huh

Shananana Wrote:"Shanna.  Sha-Nah.  My name is Shanna...."

Toot blinks at Shanna like he didn't know why she was telling Toot how to say her name.  He clearly said her name properly.   Tongue

Shanana Wrote:[Before the Counsel...]

The roar of a nearby bear snaps Shanna's focus to the present and she glares at the little person riding it.  She listens, her glare softening steadily into a neutral expression.  When it removes its hat and reveals it true form, Shanna only nods in understanding.

"I see.  Very wise of you to let us know during a far less tense moment.  Thank you Toot."

Merrinana Wrote:Merri merely raises an eyebrow slightly at Toot's revelation.

Toot stares at Shanna for a moment trying to decide if he should trust her.  Big Folk, like Humans and (especially) Elves, weren't known to be particularly open minded when it came to Jermlaine.  Generally humans would scream then step on or beat Jermlaine with a broom until they were pasty red.  Elves wouldn't bother to scream.  They would just shoot a Jermlaine with an arrow or a magic missile on sight.  

Toot slowly nods and hesitantly says, "O... o... okay..."  The fact that Merri's only response was a raised eyebrow doesn't go unnoticed so Toot remains in a defensive posture.

Ludgar Wrote:"Hey Toot, you mentioned getting organized and Portho mentioned a silencing spell.  Well it seems we have time to start preparing ourselves... Merri, Shanna, the counsel mentioned something about spells being affected by the, the, this place.  Have you tried casting a spell here yet?"

Lugar would be very appreciative of a sculpt sound spell so that his movements remain silent.  Any other enchantments would be welcome too.

[OoC, I think we all have pretty defined rolls but maybe we can "organize" like Toot suggested earlier.  SG is our obvious front line tank/destroyer and we should keep him alive and well buffed.  Torin is our main healer followed by Toot and Portho.  Am I right in saying that Merri and Shanna are our battlefield controllers and blasters?  I know Torin, Toot, and Shanna are summoners. We should never be outnumbered :Smile I see Lugar as the main scout (also trapsmith and backstabber), but really anyone can do that, even Merri's air elemental can scout (can an air elemental travel under water?). Where does Portho want to be in a fight? He is the Jack-of-all-trades!  What do we have to counter FEAR? Inspire Courage, wisdom buffs, protection from evil, other cleric spells, can anyone summon a paladin?]
[OoC: SG is our main tank/destroyer but remember if Toot spends time in Dire Ape form he can inflict some pretty good damage and his AC (23) is still fairly effective even when regular armor is not, such as against Touch (loses natural armor so AC is 19) and Flatfooted (Loses dex so his AC is 21).  With an armor spell those AC's all get boosted by +4!  As for healing, I think Portho proved to be our main healer during the last mission.  He now has the sword so the healing will need to be more shared because he might be spending more time on the front line.  Stealth would likely be Ludgar because I'm not sure if a wizard would want to put their familiar in danger at higher levels.  But in certain cases the elemental would shine and even Toot could scout around in animal form.  A bird hanging out in a window; a stray dog hanging round; a horse in a street, wouldn't arouse much if any suspicion.

One thing we should figure out so we are all on the same page is Toot's attacks.  From what I've read, Toot in Dire Ape form can Claw/Claw/Bite +12/+12/+7 (Claws: Base +6 + 6 for strength = +12; Bite: Base +6 + 6 for stength = 12 - 5 for off hand = +7).  His damage is (Claws: 1d6+6; Bite: 1d8+3).  When he attacks with his masterwork (+1/+0) staff it's a little different and would go like [(Staff/Staff-5) + (Bite-5)] or [(+13/+8) + (+7)]  Damage would be: [(1d8+6/1d8+6) + (1d8+3)]  I hope that makes sense. ]
Sorry for the amulet oversight. It is as Kiera said.
As for the dagger; identify reveals its secret: the handle is actually a secret compartment holding a scroll of rusting grasp. (that's what I referred to by saying that you didn't realise what you've got...)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon