RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-2: The Seven
[OoC: I just want to say that as one might suspect, Toot didn't have a very good upbringing.  The general alignment for Jermlaines are Neutral Evil so I apologize to the new people if he's rude or miserable.   I mean no disrespect.  ]

Toot didn't get much sleep the night before so while people talked, reconnected and introduced themselves, he yawns a yawn wide enough to eclipse his face.  When he sees the two new women he groans and mumbles, "Great!  A Ooman and a Tree-Humper!  And they're pretty too.  BLECH!  That's all we need.  More big people calling me ugly and thinking they're better than me."  With a snotty look on his "gnomeish" face, Toot just crosses his arms and ignores the whole lot of them.  With these two new breeders, he would have to rethink a lot of things about the party.
(03-19-2017, 06:04 AM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: "You said 'closest to conjuration, but not quite.'  What does that mean?  Is it conjuration or isn't it?  If it is not, is it Arcane, Divine, or psionic in nature?  I merely seek a reference to create a context for.  If I reach this...portal or gate or whatever the 'Sea' truly is, I will need such context.  If I examine it through the eyes of the Arcane, and it is not arcane, I have only wasted our time."

Geddin looks at Shanna with the forgiving look of a mentor towards a pupil who's yet lot to learn.
"That means, lass, that you have to realise if you don't actually know the answer. Thing is, it is neither arcane nor divine. And..." for a few seconds he seems to trail off, his eyes becoming distant. Then his focus returns to Shanna, smiling. "I wouldn't use the word psionic either, though that's not my personal field of study. Similarly, the effect resembles those that are produced by spells of the conjuration school, yet it does not register as conjuration. Possibly because it's neither arcane nor divine. The Sea is not necessarily a portal or gate, so the word `whatever` is probably the closest we can get at the moment. Anything that can send tides of evil and destruction on all worlds of existence."
Neither arcane nor divine, that must be witchcraft!!! Wink
Geddin looks at Giant, seriously.
"No, my friend. Witchcraft is definitely arcane."
(03-20-2017, 01:32 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Geddin looks at Giant, seriously.
"No, my friend. Witchcraft is definitely arcane."

So it must be something worse than witchcraft. Great.
Lugar can only think of one thing more powerful than arcane spells, divine connections, or worse than witchcraft... The Power of Love.  He's seen it ruin enough dwarven lives he knew to stay away from that mess.  There was definitely something nefarious going on here.
OOC - ... thought the follower of the Lady of Dance.
((OOC -why do I suddenly have Luther Vandross running through my head? Tongue))
(I applaud you, Sir Silent Giant. You're close to giving Merri a stroke! Big Grin )

"It is said that all magic comes from a single source. Divine, arcane, and others are all just a means of interpreting and organizing magic. It is possible that we are dealing with magic from before it was organized into what we know. Or it could be something entirely new. It is also possible that it is just hard to get a good read on it. Interdimensional magic can be tricky."
(03-20-2017, 03:01 PM)Lugar Wrote: Lugar can only think of one thing more powerful than arcane spells, divine connections, or worse than witchcraft... The Power of Love.  He's seen it ruin enough dwarven lives he knew to stay away from that mess.  There was definitely something nefarious going on here.

Power of love, terrible, brr.... Smile

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon