RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

$81.68 donated / $385 needed
for site upkeep Jun 2017-2018!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[OOC] Character Creation
Katana, Just because your unskilled with a weapon does not mean you can not try and use it. As for your Med techie, Doctors often specialize in a particular field. Keep in mind that myself and Akiko are both assassin type characters. Meaning we are decent in combat or should be. Med techies are not often expected to fight but having a bonus in brawl like +1 and a weapon of choice would be a good idea.
(03-21-2017, 02:27 AM)Lillycat Wrote: Akiko You roll entry exam the year you enter school, if you make a pass you can stay in school till you graduate, You can take exams each year till you succeed. When you end a year after exams you can roll to graduate to the next grade.

These rolls are on top of any life path rolls, also do not forget to roll for your extra Pickup skill points limited to the school package.

Ahh, thanks.  I will begin!  I'm trying to figure out how an assassin Ninja can become a Solo / Cybernetic person, any ideas story-wise?

Also, this is a shotgun blast to all, any suggestions on building a solid gun/solo/sniper character are more than welcome.  I'm picturing a nice combo of Hikaru going HtH kicking butt with Akiko as backup wither up close with dual pistols or a rifle as overwatch covering her back.  

A Med Tech would be awesome, and a much needed skill.  Who would kill a Med-Tech when they could save your life?  Talk about role-play!
Okay like a said if you go the nindo class route cybernetics are not allowed, if your a regular solo Cybernetics are, If tou simple want some cybernetics look for things like cyber goggles rather than implants do it with Technology you can wear rather than implants or body gratfs ect. Also see small scale power armors,

Ex Cyber goggles, Cyber sleeve allows 1 or 2 implants but are effectively equipment rather than actual cybernetics
You may be twins but could easily have diverging paths. The reason for the hero worship could be because not everybody is able to make it as a shinobi. Just make a standard solo. Roll up your lifepath and see what story happens.
We really do need a ranged attacker
So I wrote a backstory. Not really sure where to post it, but here it is. Also, I'm not super familiar with the cyberpunk world, so any suggestions or corrections are appreciated.

Anyone important in Night City has heard of the Diamond family, and we have connections inside of virtually every corporation. My family has a hand in most of the back room dealings and shady meetings that plague this city, and we’re pretty damn good at skimming a tidy profit off the top (though I’d like to see you prove it). We like to think of ourselves as mediators. The corporations that run this city don’t always get along, and we specialize in keeping things civil. Don’t let that fool you into thinking we’re saints though.

We do anything from arranging meetings between rival corporations seeking to corner the market for a new cybertech advancement, to eliminating certain corporate employees who may have overstepped their bounds (we’re quite good at layoffs). The point is, when corporations need something done in secret without starting a war, they come to us. If we happen to steal a secret here and there, nobody seems to be the wiser.

Despite growing up in a lavish home in a corporate defended zone, I was never interested in the family business. I always knew it would come back to bite us in the ass… though I never thought it would be because of me. As the oldest child, I was groomed from a young age to take over. My father hired the best tutors and had them teach me all about the latest tech. I was a very promising student at a young age. That was back when I was still close with my younger brother.

I was never interested in corporate espionage though. Nobody thought I had the stomach for it, and as we grew older, my brother started to despise me for my apathy. I wasn’t fit to take over in his eyes, and he couldn’t have been more right.

I left for medical school, happy to leave my family behind (probably the last time since we were children that my brother respected me), and set up shop on my own after graduation. I thought I could help people. I opened my own practice on the streets, cured the sick, performed emergency surgery for those who needed it (in the war zones, that tends to be a lot of people), but the money was always in cybernetics. How naive of me to think I was making a difference.

It all went wrong when an old family “friend” and corporate exec allowed me early access to a  shipment of the newest experimental Int booster chips for my practice. I jumped at the chance; my little shop would be as advanced as the larger corps’ private hospitals. Sadly, he failed to mention they weren’t ready, and that they had been stolen. They were far too unstable. Over half of those installed caused cyberpsychosis. My little block turned into a killing floor, and I may as well have died that day. But it turns out the corps don’t give a shit about the ripperdoc installing their hardware when someone suggests the Diamond family stole their newest technology.

I was used. Corporations are starting to turn on my family one by one. My brother may be keeping things afloat for now, but it’s just a matter of time. God knows he hates me even more now.

I may not have had the stomach for it as a kid, but I’ve got a new name, a new practice, and a corporate exec that owes me a big ass favor as far as I’m concerned. I still don’t care about the family business, and I doubt my brother will ever forgive me, but I’m sure as hell not gonna let those corrupt assholes kill him because of me. I tried to help people and that doesn’t work… now I’ll do whatever it takes.
Nice. Maybe instead of a new practice, you take to the streets as a freelancer patching up runners. It would give you a good reason to join the group.
The Pacific Rim Lifepath appears to give an unfair advantage over everyone else in the skill department. To keep things fair, skill points gained from school and such come out of your pick-up skill allotment. If you use them all, whatever further skills you earn on the Lifepath are still valid.

Nerdred, you may want to roll your siblings feelings towards you. Their feelings for your twin may not be the same for you.
(03-22-2017, 01:28 PM)Man in Black Wrote: Nice.  Maybe instead of a new practice, you take to the streets as a freelancer patching up runners.  It would give you a good reason to join the group.

Thanks, that makes more sense.
(03-22-2017, 01:40 PM)Man in Black Wrote: The Pacific Rim Lifepath appears to give an unfair advantage over everyone else in the skill department.  To keep things fair, skill points gained from school and such come out of your pick-up skill allotment.  If you use them all, whatever further skills you earn on the Lifepath are still valid.  

Nerdred, you may want to roll your siblings feelings towards you.  Their feelings for your twin may not be the same for you.

Good point.  Rolled it.  My twin is Neutral to me! I updated the others siblings in my character sheet.  I got 2 neutrals and 2 hero worships.

As far as skills went, I divvied up the 40 points at character creation into the Solo's skills as per the book. I'm not clear on how pick-up skills work or how we get them. From the Pacific Rim book my schooling gave me: +3 General Knowledge/Education, +3 English, +6 Math, and +3 in Aikido. Do have to subtract those then? How do I use skill points to learn English? Originally I had spread Akiko's skills all over the place, like Motorcycle and First Aid.

Nevermind, I found the paragraph defining Pick-up skills = Ref + Int
So I have 16 Pick-up Skills, I'll readjust those skills now Smile

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon