RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Finding Benjamin
James didn't want to damage the public sewer system just to enter it.  Seeing Malcolm lose confidence in his first plan, James thinks a bit. He can't help but think that they should just wait until there are no cars passing by to enter the sewers. If only there were a big delivery truck on the other side of the street to block the view from the shops on that side of the road...  "If only we had something to block the view from that side of the street, like a big UPS truck."  He points to where there are no cars.  "If we wait near the man-hole cover on the other side we might be able to time it right when no cars drive by.  Everyone looks distracted enough anyway, if we are quick we should be able to just crawl down without anyone noticing, hopefully."
Quote this message in a reply
"Could Katrina create a mini earthquake or something to destract people in one direction while James whips up a wind storm in the other, while we run for the manhole.  We would have to be fast and Malcolm would have to use his power to lift the manhole cover as those are pretty heavy."
"I..I c..can l.lift it."
(03-29-2017, 06:00 AM)Ballista Wrote: "Could Katrina create a mini earthquake or something to destract people in one direction while James whips up a wind storm in the other, while we run for the manhole.  We would have to be fast and Malcolm would have to use his power to lift the manhole cover as those are pretty heavy."

"Uh, okay.  You don't think anybody will get hurt do you?"  James looks out at the street again, looking for trash and debris that the wind might pick up.  He didn't want to cause property damage or hurt anybody and go to jail.  James waits for the rest of the group to decide.  

Thinking of the debris flying around, James also looks at the shops to see if they have large metal shutters that pull down.
"You will be blowing down the street, not at the windows.  Just enough to kick up some debris so people will shield their faces or hide inside one of the buildings.  I can even use my power to slow down or stop any debris that might hit someone.  Sound good?"
"I guess I could do that." She looks uncertain. There's something dubious about earthquakes having an obvious direction without a rather large amount of damage. But she is willing to give it a try. She peeks out of the alley and looks up and down the street for a relatively clear area. "Kay, I'll take that way."

Concentrating, the cracks begin forming again in her skin.

Geoforce - Remarkable [1d100] = 94
"J.James, n.now o.or n.never."

Malcom walks out of the alley, and begins to nonchalantly (he hopes) stroll down the sidewalk in the direction of the man-hole. as he does so he positions his invisible telekinetic 'hand' above the man-hole cover ready to lift it, but looks down the street through it's vision in the opposite direction.

[OoC In other words he is looking West as he walks west from the alley to the man-hole, so he is able to see the people in that direction, and his 'hand' is looking East so it is able to see the people in that direction, that way he will be able to see when everyone is distracted.]
(03-30-2017, 08:39 AM)Ballista Wrote: "You will be blowing down the street, not at the windows.  Just enough to kick up some debris so people will shield their faces or hide inside one of the buildings.  I can even use my power to slow down or stop any debris that might hit someone.  Sound good?"

"O-Okay, I was just concerned.."  James trails off, he was concerned that all the wind would draw the attention of the people in the stores.  He was looking at the windows trying to see if there was something that would block the view into the street.  Now James was feeling nervous, but the others were all on board. James walks out into the street and slowly sucks in air, his chest growing larger, then exhales downward at the street like a leaf blower.

[OoC: Is this considered a power stunt, using wind to pick up debris and blind? He will spend whatever Karma to be successful.]

Hyper-Breath =12 + ?Karma
[OoC: I had to look up the rules for Power Stunts and I didn't have time this morning. By declaring to use the power in a way not fully intended (blowing=blinding?) thats 100 Karma +10 for saying I'm spending Karma +89 to affect the die roll to make it RED, since James has never used this stunt before. That's 199 Karma correct?]
Meanwhile beneath the city streets a figure in the shadows moves and ducks for cover as the area shakes and small bits of things best left unsubscribed rain down. The youth looks to the other who is also on watch at the beginning of the tunnels. Her young face showing signs of disgust and a bit of excitement on a normally tedious and boring duty.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon