RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-1: Falter and Scream
(03-18-2017, 09:49 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: Oh, my God!!! - he shakes his head. So what can you do? Can you add a special property to my axe? Can you suggest a good one? (ooc - furious?bane?flaming?etc)

Or can you create an enhanced mithral breastplate instead of my chainshirt? With spikes of course. And a silver dagger, and adamantine arrows from bolts?

ooc - have we the adamantine door or not?

OOC - what is a furious weapon? Don't think it's core... And no, you don't have the door. It didn't fit into any sacks Tongue

"Shock or Frost are the simplest enchantments but you may want to consider Defending as well. But none of these would fit the time" Murkatos then goes explaining each.
He can also create an enchanted mthr breastplate but the breastplate must be bought at full price (no time for him to make it right now).

OOC - The total of enchantments should not exceed 5k gp. Remember that even a +1 enchantment on a +1 weapon has a market price of +6000gp (3000gp cost if made by Murkatos but still needs 12 hours). A +2 Mthr plate would cost 4200gp for the mthr armor and 2000gp for enchantment by Murkatos. Realising how costly it is in terms of time you may want to consider keeping some of that loot, instead of selling and having everything custom-made... but this really should not be posted in this thread! This thread is for roleplaying...
Quote this message in a reply
(03-20-2017, 08:49 AM)DM Surranó Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 09:49 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: Oh, my God!!! - he shakes his head. So what can you do? Can you add a special property to my axe? Can you suggest a good one? (ooc - furious?bane?flaming?etc)

Or can you create an enhanced mithral breastplate instead of my chainshirt? With spikes of course. And a silver dagger, and adamantine arrows from bolts?

ooc - have we the adamantine door or not?

OOC - what is a furious weapon? Don't think it's core... And no, you don't have the door. It didn't fit into any sacks Tongue

"Shock or Frost are the simplest enchantments but you may want to consider Defending as well. But none of these would fit the time" Murkatos then goes explaining each.
He can also create an enchanted mthr breastplate but the breastplate must be bought at full price (no time for him to make it right now).

OOC - The total of enchantments should not exceed 5k gp. Remember that even a +1 enchantment on a +1 weapon has a market price of +6000gp (3000gp cost if made by Murkatos but still needs 12 hours). A +2 Mthr plate would cost 4200gp for the mthr armor and 2000gp for enchantment by Murkatos. Realising how costly it is in terms of time you may want to consider keeping some of that loot, instead of selling and having everything custom-made... but this really should not be posted in this thread! This thread is for roleplaying...

No time, no time, always no...
Okay wiz, can you enhance my masterwork longbow then?
(ooc-2000gp)
I will meet you immediately after we came back.
Murkatos finally nods at the longbow enchantment.
OOC - please include it in your share as -1000gp to make sure it's included in your balance.
(03-20-2017, 08:38 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: A golden haired ageless elf greets Toot. She wears regal clothing with lots of jewels. In particular, a ring with an enormous emerald catches Toot's eyes.
She smiles at the "customer" and asks,
"Welcome, Customer. I guess you are willing to sell-- your hat maybe?"

Not even this beautiful elf's stunning appearance was going to annoy Toot today.  He just cheerfully states, "Nope!" to her question about selling his hat, then summons his scroll from his tiny haversack. With scroll in hand, Toot reaches up onto his tipy-toes to place the top end of the scroll on the edge of the counter.  He then hops a few times to finally push the rolled parchment onto the counter top in front of the elf.

When she unravels the scroll she sees written in childlike writing but without any of the spelling errors you might expect, a note which says...

Quote:Dear Merchant,

Me magic customer and ME want:

1. Monk's Belt
2. Quiver Elhonna
3. Incandescent Blue Sphere Ioun Stone
4. Wand of Cure Light Wounds
5. Wand of Endure Elements
6. Wand of Entangle
7. Wand of Obscuring Mist
8. Wand of Shillelagh
9. Rod of Metamagic Extend
10. Large masterwork quarterstaff

Toot peers up at her hopefully as she reads the words on the parchment.
(03-20-2017, 05:01 AM)Toot Wrote: Toot spends some time carefully writing information on a piece of parchment.  Once all the lettering was perfect he stands on the bottom edge and then slowly rolls it into a tube shape from the top.  Once done he squeaks, "Can someone with smarts come with me to magic shops.  Me not want get stepped on on the way."  If no one volunteers, he hires a guide to take him to the market.

Once a travel companion is figured out, he leaves to find where the magic shops are located like he was carrying a golden scroll.  Toot had a strangely cheerful, cat caught the canary, smile on his face because today was different.  No one knew it but today Toot was not some vermin to be squashed or screamed at in terror.  Today he was something he had never been before; a customer.  

When he finally arrives at the market, Toot marches up to the counter and taps on one of the counter's legs.  As the shopkeeper looks around, he finally sees a very small, almost tiny Forest Gnome staring up at him with wide eyes and a huge grin.  "Me here for magic.  Me a customer!"

"Be right beside you, We gnomes need to stick together"
He winks at Toot then chuckles at Toot's scowl.
Portho waits patiently with Lugar and Silent Giant while Toot conducts his transaction, ready to step up and pipe in with Diplomatic assistance should Toot require any. But sensing this is an important moment for the strange little fellow he does not want to steal the moment.

When the woman has completed Toot's order, Portho will step forward to begin making his own inquiries.
The shopkeeper stretches her fingers lazily and lets the scroll pass the three-foot distance from Toot's hand to her own. She looks up the list and raises a golden eyebrow.
"Should be no problem, apart from the belt. Should it be your size, I suppose? Let me look this up... Yes, here it is. Custom made of pure spidersilk by the svirfneblin. I have no idea where you can get that masterwork staff from, though. It would be unusual in a large size as well. Why not give the court armoury a try?"

OOC - this is the magic trinkets shop. Magical stuff, sure. Masterwork stuff, nope. Smile
(03-20-2017, 09:32 PM)Toot Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 08:38 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: A golden haired ageless elf greets Toot. She wears regal clothing with lots of jewels. In particular, a ring with an enormous emerald catches Toot's eyes.
She smiles at the "customer" and asks,
"Welcome, Customer. I guess you are willing to sell-- your hat maybe?"

Not even this beautiful elf's stunning appearance was going to annoy Toot today.  He just cheerfully states, "Nope!" to her question about selling his hat, then summons his scroll from his tiny haversack. With scroll in hand, Toot reaches up onto his tipy-toes to place the top end of the scroll on the edge of the counter.  He then hops a few times to finally push the rolled parchment onto the counter top in front of the elf.

When she unravels the scroll she sees written in childlike writing but without any of the spelling errors you might expect, a note which says...

Quote:Dear Merchant,

Me magic customer and ME want:

1. Monk's Belt
2. Quiver Elhonna
3. Incandescent Blue Sphere Ioun Stone
4. Wand of Cure Light Wounds
5. Wand of Endure Elements
6. Wand of Entangle
7. Wand of Obscuring Mist
8. Wand of Shillelagh
9. Rod of Metamagic Extend
10. Large masterwork quarterstaff

Toot peers up at her hopefully as she reads the words on the parchment.

Giant looks around and blinks - What a witchshop!

Khm, we are men of the Council. I need rings. A pair of platinum rings and a powerful blinking one.
(03-21-2017, 08:04 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: The shopkeeper stretches her fingers lazily and lets the scroll pass the three-foot distance from Toot's hand to her own. She looks up the list and raises a golden eyebrow.
"Should be no problem, apart from the belt. Should it be your size, I suppose?

Toot blinks up at her and replies, "What matter?  Belt resize to fit wearer.  If cost less to make in my size then sure."
From the SRD Wrote:Size And Magic Items
When an article of magic clothing or jewelry is discovered, most of the time size shouldn’t be an issue. Many magic garments are made to be easily adjustable, or they adjust themselves magically to the wearer. Size should not keep characters of various kinds from using magic items.
There may be rare exceptions, especially with racial specific items.

Quote: I have no idea where you can get that masterwork staff from, though. It would be unusual in a large size as well. Why not give the court armoury a try?"
Toot nods then looks up at SG and Lugar who would likely have more insight on such weapons.
OOC - it's funny that Toot came here and now everyone is here all of a sudden...
OOC2 - the belt size rambling was fluff to suite the jermlaine's style best. Svirfneblin silk rope sounded better than plain old hemp rope. Whether it resizes Toot cannot tell at the moment but it is currently his size.

The shopkeeper blissfully ignores Giant's comment on the council. It occurs to the half-human that probably because she already knows him. At least he seems to remember the woman from the previous council meeting but cannot recall her name.
Giant gets his magical ring but nonmagical jewelry is not sold in ye olde magic trinkets shoppe.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon