RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5. The Copper Coin:
Weyna nods and begins eating the rest of her own stew, letting Eva chat with Reawyn. As they talk, she looks like she gets an idea for a moment, turning to look at the bar's door in thought. But then she shakes her head slightly and goes back to eating.
Quote this message in a reply
Ursk looks a little bewildered as Reawyn and Weyna finish their meals, looks about the tavern, back at the table, then smiles. He hadn't finished his stout! He picks up the tankard, tosses back the rest of it, and releases a satisfied belch. 

He then loudly announces to the tavern's other patrons, "We now go look Ursk's axes. In wagon. At price. Because Ursk axe merchant." He tries to grin at Reawyn but it comes off a little menacing. "Okay? Ready to smash...buy axes?"
"Oh, my apologies. I am Reawyn. I specialize somewhat in exploring lost ruins, and in finding those mechanical trinkets. I especially am interested in teh chemical and biological compounds."
Weyna smiles uncertainly at Reawyn's statement of his interests. "I am just a nomad. Though, faith has granted me some healing ability. I hope to use it to make things better..."
Another local enters the bar and joins up with a group of his associates. His loud voice can easily be heard telling them that the council just announced a 4000 gold reward for whoever can find and return Councilor Baine. "But who would be stupid enough to into those caverns? Nobody has ever come back."
"Four thousand more reasons to do what we were planning on already? We should hurry and see that friend of yours then go speak to the council."
Ursk listens to the local, looks at Reawyn, furrows his brow in thought, then walks over to the man who blurted out this information. "You say nobody come back from caves. Who go into caves? People like you? Or they have axes to smash things? How long they been gone?"

Ursk isn't trying to intimidate the man but, with his complete lack of etiquette, is getting right up into the man's personal space.
Weyna facepalms in horror at Ursk's interrogation. Peeking through her fingers, she gives Eva a rhetorical 'help me' look.
While Ursk is interrogating the poor man, Reawyn looks at the other two.
"I think that is our cue to get him out of the tavern? Whether to the council or the Foundry, either way, before he decides to really question the poor man."
Eva nods at Reawyn."I think you're right but I'd still like to keep my distance until I know he won't try and cleave my head off at the first opportunity." She whispers.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon