RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5. The Copper Coin:
Ursk is back to staring at Eva yet somehow his body language suggests he's speaking to Weyna. "Me Ursk. Not axe merchant. Man say not smart to say loud I kill League, so tell joke about selling axes. But I kill League and smash League robots...with axe." Theres a slight basso rumble in his chest with the word 'robots', giving it an odd emphasis. "Man knows about tunnel. Ursk let him tell you. But Ursk does know Wyvern with robot parts outside town. Maybe fun hunt."
Quote this message in a reply
She nods to Ursk as he introduces himself and briefs them on what he knows. However, her eyebrows furrow quizzically at the end. "I'm Weyna. What do you mean, Wyvern?"
Ursk's gaze shifts from Eva to Weyna and he blinks, realizing he's not exactly sure of the full story but also not entirely understanding Weyna's question, so he tries to hit all the highlights. "Ursk never see wyvern, but think it like...chicken dragon. Or dragon chicken. Ursk hear men at bunkhouse talk about wyvern. Say it one day ride from town. Also say it have robot parts." He looks back at Eva, again adding emphasis to the word 'robot'.
"Good to meet you Eva.  You as well Weyna. I do not know much about the tunnels, merely that the Torch has gone out and that some adventurers had gone to explore the caverns beneath and not come back. It is what has brought me to town, the hope that maybe I could join a group that is going to delve the tunnels. What better way to find some of the mechanical trinkets?"

At the mention of a wyvern his eyes widen.

"Hunt a wyvern? It flies, hunting it would be difficult, impossible to track. Setting a trap and baiting it would be better, butwhat would such a creature want and how many adventurers would be needed to assail such a beast."

"I have only been in Torch for a few hours, but on my walk through town I did hear a few things. Nothing so striking as a wyvern, but apparently the sludge at the top of Black Hill, in the crater where the Torch usually burns, has some interesting properties. Unpredictable though, I would want to take samples and study it more. A few dwarves drank some on a dare, one had his physical prowess magnified for a time, the other almost died."

The whole time he is talking he is watching Eva openly, curiousity written plainly upon his face, as if he is brimming with questions he is not sure if it is plite to ask.
"I wasn't aware anyone had already ventured down below the town. Nor of this Dragon Chicken, but I did hear of a snake in Crowfeather Lake. Large enough to swallow a wagon." Eva says.
"Uhh..." Weyna shifts nervously in her seat. "Those all sound like great things to check out, when we have more experience. Maybe we can find something... smaller? I mean, the tunnel sounds great. Let's go up and see the extinguished Torch ourselves, and then we can check out whatever is underneath it. Since it's a tunnel, if we end up over our heads, it will be easy to retreat and regroup,""
Ursk continues to stare at Eva but, as he listens to the others, his lips twitch slightly causing his beard to tremble. 

They're afraid of a dragon chicken? Hmph. By Gorum, if I don't go with these poor sots they'll be eaten alive... maybe by the robot.

Aloud, he says, "Ursk tell smelly man Ursk use axe if Technic League attack him. Suppose do same for Weyna. Maybe smash other things, too. Depends. If Gorum walk in room and tell Ursk smash smelly man and Weyna..." He shrugs, leaving the outcome of such an outlandish scenario an open question. "But for now, Ursk protect you two. You afraid of dragon chicken so Ursk feel bad if you die while Ursk wait for League." He stands up and his gaze finally breaks from Eva as he picks up his axe and slings it across his back. "You not worry. Ursk never met anything that kill Ursk."
Ursk's logic is just... stunning. Of course he's never met anything that could kill him, because he's still alive. The moment that changes, he'll be dead. She supposes that Ursk really won't be much help in planning... but it is nice that he wants to protect her.

She changes the subject, a little.

"Hey, I've got a friend who lives here. I think she'd be a great addition to our group. Last I was here, she hung out at the Foundry Tavern. The more, the merrier, right?"
"A friendly local?  That sounds like a great idea then, we do not seem to be making much progress here. Perhaps your friend might know how to actually gain access to the tunnels. I have not been able to learn that yet. Let me just finish my repast."

Cannot afford to just toss aside a meal, you do not know when teh next one will be.

Reawyn quickly scoops the last few mouthfuls of his stew and gulps down his ale.
Eva had somehow managed to find a party interested in exploring the ruins down below the town, though they were not all as open minded as she had hoped it was a good start. 

"I don't believe I caught your name sir." Eva says waiting for the man to finish his meal.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon