RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5. The Copper Coin:
Just as Reawyn turned to beckon the ladies over, the human woman proclaimed something in Dwarven that Reawyn could not understand, obviously directed at Ursk. Reawyn visibly winces, waiting for an explosion of rage behind him.
Quote this message in a reply
Eva's eyes widen in surprise as the brave woman calls the gruff Dwarf out on his lie. When Weyna sits back down Eva says almost in a whisper. "That was an impressive use of Dwarvish, but what is a ... thumb smasher?"
Ursk rolls his eyes just a bit as he is told not every puzzle is solved with an axe. Here we go again. This fellow isn't so bright. He smells, too. Then the human woman belts out in the true tongue.

As Weyna speaks to him in dwarven, Ursk's eyes go wide and his jaw slack with surprise. "Ha!", he exclaims again, maybe with more sincerity, then replies:

"Thank Gorum, someone in this poor excuse for a bar speaks a proper language! Alright, we'll keep it down and go back to...talking about selling axes. Wait. No. The scrawny lad here wants to invite you over to talk about the flame going out at the top of the hill. I think he means to include it, too."

The dwarf's response takes a bit longer than Weyna's initial exclamation and ends it with a furrowed brow and tip of his head towards Eva, a gesture indicating skepticism and doubt.
Weyna grins at Ursk, then gives a a questioning glance to Eva. In answer to her question, Weyna mutters, "I implied that he is not good with a hammer... or is otherwise accident-prone, and potentially in need of healing services... Do you want to join them? This Torch thing sounds interesting."
Eva looks back at the Dwarf and with some hesitation finally agrees to hear them out. "I suppose so." She says reluctantly.
Ursk's expression mirrors Eva's. Well, with a pudgy nose, bad skin, lots of scars, bald pate, a beard and some missing teeth. But otherwise, a perfect mirror of hesitation.

He looks back at Reawyn. "Okay. Woman comes over. She brings thing. Ursk great talker but think you do talking now. Ursk watch thing. Decide whether it League abomn...bin...thing."
"I see that. But maybe it is best to nort refer to her as a thing, I believe when it comes to her particular type of mechanism they have spirit or soul just like the rest of us. I highly doubt she is technic League, most like they would want to take her apart and study her."
Ursk eyes Reawyn dubiously. "Hmm," he grumbles, a few whiskers trembling. "You think that, maybe Ursk have ziggurat sell you."

He leans back slightly, still within arm's reach of his axe, crosses his arms to indicate this particular conversation is over, and watches Weyna and Eva walk over. 

Maybe this isn't such a good idea. The human is clearly touched in the head if he thinks a robot has a soul. Doesn't matter. If they're League and they think this will help them get the better of me, they're in for a surprise.
With a grin, Weyna grabs get bowl of stew and cup of water and heads over to the guys' table. "Hiii-yeeeee!" She'd wave if she had hands to spare, but she doesn't.

Setting her bowl down, she unceremoniously plunks herself down on the bench. "So. Torch is out. Continue."
Eva follows Weyna and positions herself in the furthest possible position from the oddly spoken Dwarf, more out of suspicion than fear. "I'm Eva. N-nice to meet you." She says cautiously.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon