RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5. The Copper Coin:
OOC, I hardly need to spoiler this but on the Sense Motive, just to clarify:
Fear might be a good first impression, actually, but looking closer it's probably more like...anxiety. And ultimately just a reaaaaaally bad attempt to appear as if he's not watching the android.
Quote this message in a reply
[OoC but I rolled pretty low on the Sense Motive.. which is what I was aiming for with the slightly off Sense motive Wink ]
Sense Motive: 1d20-4 15

Eva was getting use to attracting unwanted attention but something about this  burly dwarf staring a hole into made her uneasy. She lowers her head and drags herself to a table where she sets down her pack, bow and starknife then takes a seat. There were certainly more than a few interesting types around the room if she managed to survive the Dwarves gaze she just might manage some progress with her venture.  She orders a light breakfast and begins to review her notes regarding the likely ruins below the town, occasionally looking up to gauge the other patrons personality's and likely skill sets. She couldn't afford to be picky but she also needed to be sure no one would attempt to turn her over to the league, she needed... open minded companions more than experienced ones.
More than once, Eva catches the girl at the bar looking at her. There is nothing of malice in her eyes. More like deep curiosity, and as soon as she is caught staring, she averts her gaze again, obviously more out of politeness than shame in being caught. There is a sensitivity in her, as well as a certain shyness that might get in the way of introducing herself.
Very sloooooowly, because that's how you don't draw attention to yourself, Ursk reaches for his plate of stew...cross-eyed and while actually watching Eva. His hand blindly thunks and thuds across the table, knocking the wooden spoon to the floor, before he finds the plate and slips it to the dog with a clatter. After banging on the floor, it begins to spin on itself, like a spun coin before it finally collapses.

Then the dog begins to lick it. Slap. Slap. Scratch scratch. Clunk!, as the plate slides across the floor under the table.

Perception: 1d20+4 11

Hmm. A couple people noticed, but not many. 

He continues his unobtrusive observation of the android. Why isn't the abomination trying to arrest me yet? Am I really blending in that well? I'm better at this than I thought.
Eva musters her courage, gathering up her belongings and meal before walking over to the curious woman at the bar. She could work with curious it would at least get a conversation started which was, well... a start.

"Is this seat taken?" She asks politely.
Her eyes widen a tiny bit, and she quickly reaches down to pull her own gear over to give the android room. "Uh, noooo..." Once her gear is over, she straightens up again, glancing at the bartender, then looking back at Eva. She wiggles her fingers in an awkward wave. "... hi."
Eva settles in next to the young woman pulling back her hood enough to hold a polite conversation without seeming rude or shady. "I don't mean to be a bother, but you seemed like you wouldn't mind the company. I'm Eva." She says offering her hand in greeting.
She looks at Eva's hand, hesitating for only a moment before shaking it. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Weyna..." She incredibly polite for a Numerian nomad. "Where... are you from?" She glances at the little dog trying to lick the dwarf's plate clean as it scrapes across the bar floor. The corner of her mouth turns up slightly, and she looks back at Eva.
Reawyn carefully watches the dwarf as he knocks his spoon and plate to the floor, his eyes nervously looking at the two women at the bar, and then glancing away, only to keep glancing back. The dwarf appears to be taut as a loaded crossbow string, ready to release at any moment.

This could mean trouble.

Reawyn continues to carefully watch the dwarf and the two women at the bar from his table near the kitchen, he is not bothering to hide his curiosity, why should he, everyone in the tavern was watching, the tension palpable. He desperately wanted to learn more about this android, but it was obvious that the dwarf could react badly to any move the android made, even the serving women were obviously avoiding picking up the plate and spoon that the dwarf had dropped, not wanting to venture near.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon