RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

12. Foundry Tavern:
A serving girl brings out the last of the meals and delivers it to the few waiting customers. "We're going to be shutting down, soon. Please take your time and enjoy your breakfast, though. Word is the council is offering up 4000 gold to anyone who can bring back Khonnir, whatever his condition is. The council should be meeting soon." She starts scooping up dirty dishes to take back to the kitchen.
Quote this message in a reply
4000 gold? A share of that, even split several ways, is more than my uncle and I would see in a couple of years! And now that he's out of work it could not come too soon.

Kaska eats her food rapidly then rejoins the others at the table.

"Who are these other people you know of Kayla? Let's find them and get organized to do this."
"I know another girl, strong like us. She doesn't live in Torch but her family visited all the time - we basically grew up together. I saw her yesterday down the street but didn't get to catch up to her. Weyna's her name, and she's got powers..." Kayla says with a touch of awe in her voice.
Taijun seems unconcerned by the news of a possible reward.  When the conversation turns to recruiting a larger team he simply says, "Agreed."
Hearing the council's offering, and Kaska's increased pace to get done sooner, Chrome changed his mind and decided to wait for the others. "It'd be best to move as a group instead i suppose. It sounds like things are going to start moving pretty fast. Let's travel to the Copper Coin as a group then and see who else may be joining us, then divert to the council together to see what we can glean, if any, information from them." He didn't sit back down, but did relax a bit more near the others, no longer on a trek out the door. The idea of the reward wasn't really very interesting to Chrome; extra funds were always welcomed and helped fund research but even with the smidgen of his share of the family's wealth he'd brought along, he was fairly well off.
When the meals are finished and they are ready, Kayla leads the group towards the Copper Coin, looking for Weyna...her plan is to get her friend and convince her to join this group and then go to the council and find out what they can about Khonnir and the tunnels.
Kaska follows Kayla, letting her lead the way.
Kayla leaves the Foundry, and immediately runs into Weyna and her party (minus one dwarf) right outside.

"Kayla!" She throws her arms in the air, then hugs her friend. "I was just looking for you. My new friends and I were about to go to the town hall to see about the torch going out... Actually, one is already on his way there, but he's not likely to make friends there." She doesn't hesitate for a moment in calling her new associates her friends, which some might find odd.
Kayla returns the hug and smiles broadly at her old friend. As Weyna talks, Kayla's smile actually grows wider. By the time she is done, Kayla actually is laughing! "Oh, Weyna, you and I should be sisters! I was just coming with this group to find YOU!"

"This is Chrome - he tries to understand things and how they work. He can also make some pretty nasty mixtures, potions, and oils. Kaska here is another friend of mine - a great hunter who is the best archer I know! And this is Taijun - he's new to Torch but agreed to come with us to find Khonnir Baine. He was going to try and discover why the torch went out but hasn't come back yet and I am worried about him." Kayla then looks at the group with Weyna...
Reawyn stands off to the side, watching Weyna and Kayla greet each other as old friends. He waves sheepishly when the ladies look his way.

"I'm uhh.. Reawyn.  I specialize in exploring lost ruins and working out their secrets. I specialize in using solvents and such compunds to assist me in those endeavours, and can also make elixirs that enhance and heal."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon