Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

12. Foundry Tavern:
To the temple!!
Quote this message in a reply
Temple then Caves.
You all arrive at the Foundry Tavern.  One of you [Probably Cin because she has lived here] knock and soon the door opens and are greeted by Val Baine, the adopted daughter of Khonnir.

[Image: Val_Baine.png?1549381026]

Val throws her arms around Cin and gushes, "By the gods, I'm happy to see you.  All of you!  I was so worried you might not come back like the others.  You may be the only group that has come back at all!"  She glances past the three of you who remain of the original group, to the large man standing behind you who's carrying a sizable bundle of wild flowers, tuffs of hay and long grass.

"And I don't think we're acquainted.  Who might you be?"
The unkempt , sweaty and ash covered man smiles broadly showing his teeth through his tangled beard.

"I'm Gurkagh. Joyful I am to know you." [He barely speaks common, so his word choices and syntax are not always right]

He looks around, and unable to see anywhere handy, just drops the pile of straw, grasses , and flowers on the floor. He then extends his hand in greeting. As he does so a little brightly coloured songbird peeks up from his tangled hair.
"Well, hello Gurkagh.  It's very nice to meet you."  When the bird peeks out, Val does a startled blink and then she smiles and adds, "And your friend too!"

Val steps back into the tavern and says, "Please come in everyone.  Make yourselves comfortable! I've put out some sleeping bags for you to sleep on, I have a pot of stew on the stove, and as long as you don't over indulge, I even have some ale, wine and assorted spirits."
Gurkagh nods and picks up his grasses, rushes, and flowers.  He wanders over to a sleeping bag and looks confused, finally he opens the bag and realizes it is just a folded blanket that buttons up the side.  "Strange" he mutters.  He lays his bedding material down as a mat on the floor and then unfolds the blanket on top.

Finally satisfied he sits down atop the blanket hoping for some conversation before they sleep.
Reawyn picks a cot, then collapses on it, finally letting his exhaustion show. 
He looks around at his companions. "So tomorrow we will delve deeper, in the meantime I feel like I barely know all of you, yet I will be trusting you with my life. Mayhap we can swap a few tales and get to know each other?"
@Eva Morningtide ?
@Pepe ^^^
"I come from Ox-Blood tribe, my brother was a great hero that came and saw these wonders. I want to be great hero too. Uncle Shimo says I can be great, that other heroes will need me."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon