RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

12. Foundry Tavern:
Overhearing Ursk's loud statement from the other room  [OoC it is only 10 feet after all] Reawyn chimes in.

"You may be entirely right, friend Ursk, but we do need to check, in case there is something hazardous here."
Quote this message in a reply
"Perhaps it was repairing itself somehow when it was disturbed? Either way the urgency of our task precedes any curiosity regarding the drone." Eva says.
Chrome felt a bit defeated being unable to find the source of the bot's activation. Considering Eva' contributed he wasn't sure if she meant that it might have been repairing itself this entire time--- just very, very slowly or something else. In any case, he wouldn't be able to find out with his current level of knowledge and reading materials. "I suppose we could move on... I don't see a lead anywhere here, other than we might expect to face more like this one." Glancing to the dwarf he offered, "Which is the importance in speculation-- if we had been able to learn a bit more about this creature we might have been able to go in just a little more prepared. Though i suppose in this case, your statement stands that there's nothing much important to glean here." He glanced back to the robot, peering inside of the gashes in its body once more. I wonder how much similarity there is among different designs of these bots? He thought, and as he did, so too did he end up dropping a curious glance over to Eva that stayed a bit longer than he'd like before he caught himself, his look as though he was hoping to somehow investigate the components that made up her as well.
Having been unable to find anything of noten Reawyn slips out of the storeroom, and back into the hall, where he can see Val in the adjoining room. 

"Thank you for allowing Cin and I to leave our pack animals here, but unless anyone objects we will head to the temple and prepare to delve underwater for the caverns. If we wait longer, that means we are just delaying our hopes of rescuing Khomir, and he has been missing liong enough already."

He addresses the rest of the group.

"Am i correct? Does anyone need more time to prepare, or should we go? Val, is there anything you can advise us that muight help in locating Khomir once we delve into the caverns?"
The Ursk rolls his eyes slightly at the verbose humans but, realizing things are heading in the right direction, he walks outside to wait. As he waits, he takes the opportunity to pick up some dirt and rub it back and forth in his hands, soaking up the blood from his scalp wound and modestly cleaning his hands. His head remains a bloody mess but that won't interfere with swinging an axe, and this swim would likely wash most of it off anyway.

Remembering Eva's comment about the priority of their other task, he grunts a littl in surprise. Strange times when I find myself agreeing with the thing. I wonder what it's playing at. Better keep an eye on it in the caves. 
Kayla hears Weyna's whisper and turns to reply, stopping with her moth open when she notices her friend in the other room. "Ahh! You got me again! One day I'm going to remember your little trick!" Kayla calls out. Finding little of use, she joins the group and prepares to head to the chapel.

"I'm ready to go, thanks to Weyna! I wonder if the priest will have any healing potions? Maybe we can buy one or two. I have some coin - not enough to buy one on my own, though..."
Weyna follows Kayla outside, smirking slightly at having gotten her again. At her mention of healing potions and monetary worries, she hands Kayla her belt pouch.

((34 gold pieces))
Chrome finally leaves the body behind, seeing as the group appears ready to move on. "I could purchase one for myself, so that i can fund my own recovery if need be, but could also fund a little less than the price of another." He offers, as he begins searching his bags. "I have six platinum pieces on me right this moment." He mentioned, finding them in his bags. After a moment's thought he added, "It may be more cost-effective to find if they have any scrolls of this magic first, though. I could purchase three effective castings with the credit we were given."

OOC: Basically, 25 gp for a scroll, -20% for 20 gp each... if they're available anyway. We wouldn't be able to use them ourselves, w/o UMD, but would be better out of combat, until we gain access to a more long-term solution. I may do this for myself, at least.  
Kayla sees mostly household goods. Nothing seems particularly useful to an expedition. It occurs to her that Khonnir would have most likely taken those kinds of things with him on his expedition to the caves.

Reawyn comes to a similar conclusion.
OOC:  judging by the lack of posts today, is it safe to say we've wrapped up this scene? Should we transition to the temple or just proceed straight to the pond/cave?

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon