RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

15. Town Hall:
Cin was one of the last to enter with Taijun.  While inside the Hall she looks around at everything carefully [Perception+6] looking for anything of interest that might catch her eye.  After the old dwarf woman explains the bounty he readily accepts.  She knew Khonnir Baine.  When Cin was trying to escape from the slavers, their trackers hunted her down.  They caught up to her and despite Cin putting up a fight, they soon overwhelmed her.  While being dragged back to their stronghold Khonnir's adventuring group arrived and rescued Cin from Turog inevitably finishing carving his name into her face.  He allowed her to stay with him until she had recuperated and got back on her feet.  

"I have powder horns to protect my black powder but will need one or two of those waterproof bags for pistol and equipment.  Already have rope and torches when out of water."

[OoC: I have the Local Ties Talent which mentions having a connection to Khonnir Baine.  As my post mentions above, I said he rescued me and let me stay at his place.  Would it be ok to leave my mule at Khonnir's house (and offer Reawyn the same).  After he rescued me, I wanted him to kind of be a father figure for her.  We also have animal feed so it wouldn't be any cost to him.  And we are trying to save him.  Tongue  ] 

Local Ties
You have ties to a prominent local in the town of Torch—the missing wizard Khonnir Baine. If you’re a wizard, alchemist, or other scholarly type, he may have been your tutor or teacher. If you’re of a more martial bent, Khonnir could instead have been a friend or business associate of your mother, father, or patron. He may even have been your adoptive father, in which case you likely have a bond of friendship or rivalry with his adopted daughter Val (your GM has more information on her in this case if you wish to know more for your character’s background). Your association with Khonnir has given you insight into how technology works.

Benefits: Choose Disable Device or Knowledge (engineering). You gain a +1 trait bonus on checks with this skill, and it is a class skill for you. In addition, you are treated as if you possessed the Technologist feat for the purposes of resolving checks associated with that skill. If you gain the Technologist feat, your trait bonus for the selected skill increases to +3.
Quote this message in a reply
Kayla stays quietly (for once) in the middle of the group. It's not that she had ever crossed the councilwoman directly, but Kayla feared what Dolga might know about her. Kayla had a checkered past, but who didn't have some kind of interesting background in a small town like this?!!? So she chooses to stay hidden within the large group and just absorb the information...
"If I may ask. How long has Khonnir Baine and his party been missing? Has there been any discoveries regarding the caves that we should be aware of?" Eva asks having moved closer to the front of the group as to avoid shouting or speaking over anyone.
Weyna frowns and bows her head slightly upon hearing the news of the cave under water. It would seem that she will be less useful on this mission than she feared. Turning to the others as they begin to talk about resources, she reaches into her pocket and retrieves a pouch full of money. "Here. I was saving to purchase supplies and a horse. I'll probably make it back faster with you guys anyway..." Whatever other things may be happening within the newly-formed group, it would seem the gentle healer has claimed a new family.
(I'll answer those questions later on. It's been a day.)
Kayla offers up in a meek voice, "Perhaps Master Baine brought some information back from his first trip? He told me that he found some kind of automaton...maybe we could check out his workshop before heading under the lake?"
Chrome perked up at the mention of the automaton. "Oh! You think we could get it to answer some things for us?" Hearing Kayla's soft voice, but his own with enough eagerness to more than make up for hers such that it felt like it was the center of discussion... to him at least it was. "I don't remember if he ever reported the activity levels on it. If it's inactive perhaps some minor repairs could get it to the point we could gleen some information?" He paused looking to the councilors, "Unless it's of extreme precedence we set out soon."
Weyna frowns at Chrome. "I think we should go. They could be in dire need of rescuing."
Overhearing Chrome and Weyna, Kaska adds "We should also speak with Val, his daughter. He may have told her things about the first trip when he returned. For a small amount of time spent we might learn some valuable things about the caves."
Taijun addresses the group.  "I too am interested in this automaton, Chrome, but only to keep it deactivated.  Weyna is right, we should gather our supplies and go as soon as possible.  We would only put ourselves in danger and in need of rescue if we ventured unprepared.  I suggest we buy our supplies and head to the Temple of Brigh right away.  Is Khonnir's daughter here now?"  Taijun waits only a moment for an acknowledgement then retrieves his writ of discount from Dolga.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon