RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

15. Town Hall:
One of the grander buildings in Torch, the town hall doubles as a second garrison and lookout tower watching over the eastern roads. Council meetings take place in the hall every week on Oathday, but the hall sees frequent use for social gatherings as well, including many dances held in the neighboring square.
Quote this message in a reply
After moving at a brisk pace through the market square and across one the small bridges, Ursk walks up to the Town Hall, still muttering a string of dwarven curses under his breath. When he sees someone looking vaguely official (a guard, clerk, or just a dandy fop), he stops his string of invective, walks up to the person and says, as slowly as possible so the dense locals understand him, "Ursk told people missing in caves. Ursk help. Can move rocks and smash things. Who know more so Ursk help?"

OOC and dice rolls:
Ursk is able to move at 30' due to Barbarian Fast Movement. Following rolls if necessary:

Perception: 1d20+4 16
Diplomacy: 1d20-2 13

Sorry, not trying to hijack anything, but after I thought about this, with Ursk's background the idea of people trapped underground probably bothers him a lot, particularly if people (like the local) don't seem to care. GM should feel completely free to stonewall me here and I imagine the rest of the party won't be far behind, so I can forego additional posting until everyone else catches up
Weyna finally makes it to the town hall, with several other adventurers in tow. Spotting Ursk, she calls out to him in Dwarven.

"Ursk, there you are. I brought help."

((OOC: MiB will have to describe what Weyna walks into.))
A young man in ill-fitting chain mail waits at the entry to the council chambers. His demeanor is not one of a veteran. Most likely he's a volunteer. He looks at Ursk in wonder for a moment before hooking a thumb over his shoulder. "Councilor Freddert is inside waiting for more of your type. You'll want to talk to her."
Reawyn follows Weyna in to the council hall. Seeing Ursk he simply sm iles and nods to the dwarf.  Then he sees the young guard.

"Thank you, sir."
Ursk grunts an acknowledgement at the guard then turns towards Weyna. In dwarven, he rumbles:
"The whelp says there is a longbeard inside...Fredbert or something. Judging by the kid they'll need all the help they can get."
He eyes Reawyn with another grunt, then his eyes go wide at the assemblage coming down the street behind them. He slips back into common, "You said friend. One. This...this... NOT A PARTY!!! Ursk not protect that many people.

He curses, spins on his heel, and heads into the council hall in search of this councilmember.
"Urdan, what are you doing here?" Kayla asks the young guard. "I mean, I see what you're doing...but why? Is this just a quick gig to earn a coin or two, or did you leave the warehouse? I mean, you barely fit into that mail...did they even show you how to hold that cleaver so you won't slice your leg with it?" Kayla is grinning the whole time, good-naturedly ribbing a fellow townie she'd grown up with.

She follows Weyna and Reawyn into the room, noticing the gruff dwarf and trying not to stare at him.
Kaska arrives only steps behind Kayla. She gives the guy in mail a pat on on the shoulder as she passes into the council room.

"Hey there Urdan, how's the new gig?"
Eva arrives with the last of the stragglers. While she didn't participate in the confrontation she did not wish to abandon anyone she was going to be working with in the street with a potential threat. "Good morning."  She says politely at the volunteer as she passes with the others.
(03-08-2017, 11:22 PM)Ursk Wrote: Ursk grunts an acknowledgement at the guard then turns towards Weyna. In dwarven, he rumbles:
"The whelp says there is a longbeard inside...Fredbert or something. Judging by the kid they'll need all the help they can get."
He eyes Reawyn with another grunt, then his eyes go wide at the assemblage coming down the street behind them. He slips back into common, "You said friend. One. This...this... NOT A PARTY!!! Ursk not protect that many people.

He curses, spins on his heel, and heads into the council hall in search of this councilmember.

Weyna draws back at Ursk's surprise, simply saying, "Ok... then don't. Not necessarily your job. I'm sure some of them can protect themselves..." Then Ursk is off again, into the town hall, and Weyna hurries to catch up. "But, Ursk, I don't think that <insert Dwarven word for longbeard> is actually a <Dwarven for longbeard>!"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon