RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

17. Temple of Brigh:
[OoC:  Been dealing with some real life stuff and my work schedule has been twisted around again.  I will attempt to post in the morning when I get home from work.]
Quote this message in a reply
Cin adds, "Cold!  Something that causes cold damage to kill that brown mold.  Actually, items that cause multiple types of energy damage might be helpful.  Maybe the Alchemist could whip up some stuff at a fraction of the cost.  We aren't exactly rolling in coin."
While you all are discussing what items to purchase before return to the caves, a nervous-looking courier appears in the doorway holding a scroll.  The priest bids him to enter the chamber.  He thanks the priest and he does so.  The man then opens the scroll and then clears his throat.

Quote:<Ahem>
You all are invited by Garmen Ulreth to visit Torch's illustrious tavern and card room, Silverdisk Hall. I have brought certificates for each of you worth 100 gold pieces for use in gambling and entertainment at the establishment.  These certificates are redeemable any time during the next week.  

[OoC: You all may make Knowledge local checks; DC10; This is a simple check so you don't need to be trained in the skill. But if you do have knowledge Local you can get a bit more info for a DC20.]
(10-22-2019, 07:12 AM)Eva Morningtide Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 01:24 AM)Gurkagh Wrote: Gurkagh cheerfully follows, looking wide-eyed at all the wonders this city holds. He usually avoids large settlements with his people.

"I have gold, any items you recommend we will need?"

A bludgeoning weapon against skeletons.

"Good idea."  

Gurkagh abruptly stops mid stride and bends down, digging at the roadway with his hands, in moments he has pulled up a large paving stone, big enough that he has to hold it with two hands.

"Done, now I am ready."
(11-09-2019, 06:40 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: While you all are discussing what items to purchase before return to the caves, a nervous-looking courier appears in the doorway holding a scroll.  The priest bids him to enter the chamber.  He thanks the priest and he does so.  The man then opens the scroll and then clears his throat.

Quote:<Ahem>
You all are invited by Garmen Ulreth to visit Torch's illustrious tavern and card room, Silverdisk Hall. I have brought certificates for each of you worth 100 gold pieces for use in gambling and entertainment at the establishment.  These certificates are redeemable any time during the next week.  

[OoC: You all may make Knowledge local checks; DC10; This is a simple check so you don't need to be trained in the skill. But if you do have knowledge Local you can get a bit more info for a DC20.]

<Ahem>

The man's eyes shift from person to person expecting a response...
[Knowledge local (untrained) [1d20+5] = 3+5 = 8]

"Why in the world would we want to go gambling when we have people to find and rescue?"
Knowledge (Local): [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9

Cin accepts the certificate.  It wasn't real coin but it was still more money than she had seen during her life as a slave.  "I must agree with Reawyn.  Something curious is going on underground so I'm not sure there will be much time for games."
Eva accepts the certificate.

Eva's knowledge local [1d20+4] = 14+4 = 18
[OoC: Is @Gurkagh and @Seaven going to roll knowledge Local?  Because they get 100gp certificates too. ]

So far only Eva knows anything about Garmen Ulreth  [Will PM Eva]

The rest of you look at the certificate and it does indeed give you 100gp's to spend at The Silverdisk Hall.  The time limit of 1 week is clearly stated on the certificate. 

The gentleman asks, "Any questions?"

[OoC: If there's not any further questions, you all can do whatever you want.  Selling loot and upgrading equipment might be a good idea.]
"I'm good.  I might come by later if I have time.  Bye...."  Cin was suspicious.  Since when does someone just hand out 100gp certificates for nothing.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon