RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Character Creation/ Applications
Okay, this is just a test post with my character in the signature.
Quote this message in a reply
Kayla, like most rogues, is interested in finding lots of treasure and staying alive to enjoy it. A burglar by trade and trial, she is known around Torch as "that crazy tomb-raider girl..." When talking about Numerian treasure, she dreams of finding some thingamabob or whoseewhatsit from one of the ancient places buried under these lands!

Her prized possession is a small, circular device with a multitude of tiny gears and springs and rocking arms that once moved around the face. It looks like a fancy timepiece, but the markings and various indicators are more complex than any clock you have seen before. She keeps it on a leather cord about her neck and usually tucked away securely, but occasionally, when she is alone or after a couple of drinks at the tavern, she will pull it out, rub the face, and be lost in a memory...

(I've never used this site before, so will have to figure out text formatting, dice rolling, images, etc...)

Here's her character sheet from Paizo site:
==========================================================
Kayla Striegold
Female half-elf rogue (burglar) 1
CG Medium humanoid (elf, human)
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +8 (+9 vs traps)
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12 (+2 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 9 (1d8+1)
Fort +0, Ref +5, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments
Immune sleep
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 15
Melee: short sword +2 (1d6+2) (19-20/x2) or
. . dual short sword +0/+0 (1d6+2/1d6+1) (19-20/x2)
. . dagger +2 (1d4+2) (19-20/x2)
Ranged: shortbow +3 (1d6) (×3)
. . dagger +3 (1d4+2)(19-20/x2)
Special Attacks: sneak attack +1d6
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 13
Languages Androffan, Common, Elven
Skills: (8 ranks per level)
Acrobatics* (+7) {+3 ability -0 AC +1 rank +3 class}
Appraise* (+4) {+0 ability +1 rank +3 class}
Bluff* (+1) {+1 ability +0 rank +0 class }
Climb* (+6) {+2 ability -0 AC +1 rank +3 class}
Craft(traps)* (+4) {+0 ability +1 rank +3 class}
Diplomacy* (+1) {+1 ability +0 rank +0 class}
Disable Device* (+11) {+3 ability -0 AC +4 bonus +1 rank +3 class}
Disguise* (+1) {+1 ability +0 rank +0 class}
Escape Artist* (+7) {+3 ability -0 AC +1 rank +3 class }
Fly (+3) {+3 ability -0 AC}
Heal (+2) {+2 ability}
Intimidate* (+1) {+1 ability + 0 rank + 0 class}
Knowledge (dungeoneering)* (-) {+0 ability +0 rank +0 class }
Knowledge (local)* (-) {+0 ability +0 rank +0 class }
Linguistics* (-) {+0 ability +0 rank +0 class }
Perception* (+8/+9) {+2 ability +2 race +1 rank +3 class +1 vs traps}
Ride (+3) {+3 ability -0 AC}
Sense Motive* (+3) {+2 ability +1 trait}
Sleight of Hand* (-) {+3 ability -0 AC +0 rank +0 class}
Stealth* (+7) {+3 ability -0 AC +1 rank +3 class}
Survival (+2) {+2 ability}
Swim* (+2) {+2 ability -0 AC}
Use Magic Device* (-) {+1 ability +0 rank +0 class}
--------------------
Gear
--------------------
Magic items:
Weapons & Armor: leather armor, dagger (x2), short sword (x2), shortbow, arrows (40)
Other Gear: backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, blanket, silk rope (50 ft.), sunrod (4), thieves' tools, trail rations (10), waterskin (2)
Treasure: 103 gp, 12 sp, 8 cp

Special:

--------------------
Traits
--------------------
Suspicious: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Sense Motive checks, and Sense Motive is always a class skill for you.
Numerian Archaeologist: When you use a timeworn technological item, roll twice when determining any glitches the item might cause and choose which result to use as your actual result.
--------------------
Feats
--------------------
Skill Focus (Disable Device): You get a +3 bonus on all checks involving the chosen skill. If you have 10 or more ranks in that skill, this bonus increases to +6.
Two-weapon Fighting: Your penalties on attack rolls for fighting with two weapons are reduced. The penalty for your primary hand lessens by 2 and the one for your off hand lessens by 6.
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Elf Blood: Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
Elven Immunities – Sleep: You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Low-Light Vision: See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Sneak Attack +1d6: Attacks deal extra damage if flank foe or if foe is flat-footed.
Trapfinding +1: Gain a bonus to find or disable traps, including magical ones.
*crack* So I bleed. *crack* I refuse. *crack* You cannot break me. *CRACK*

Ursk was once a free dwarf. Once. Today, some confuse the lack of a collar around his neck to mean he is free. Far from it. He has traded the master with the whip for another master, one that gives him strength but threatens to consume him utterly. He is not free. He knows this. And he does not care.

Decades ago when he was merely a child, Ursk's clan, nomads and merchants for the most part, had discovered a vein of noqual and began mining it. They tried to keep their efforts secret, primarily due to the value of their find but also knowing the danger. They had roamed far from the Five Kings Mountains and were perilously close to Numeria. However, it was not long before the Technic League heard through its agents of the dwarves' activities and dispatched their gearsmen to secure the site as well as bodies to operate the mine. The attack came before dawn after a night of celebration. Ursk was too young to partake, but he recalls it was a seasonal festival of some sort, giving thanks to some god for their bounty. A bitter brew.

His father fought to save him before being impaled upon a gearsman's crackling spear. His mother was slammed into unconsciousness and Ursk soon followed. When he awoke, she was gone and Ursk had a collar around his neck, manacles and chains around his wrists.

"You are not men. You are not dwarves. You are not beasts!", screamed the taskmaster. Crack! Someone screamed... It was Rundella. She'd always been nice to Ursk. "You are slaves. Less than beasts. The sooner you accept that, the happier you will be, for you will know purpose."

Rundella died soon after, unable to meet the demands of their taskmasters. Over the next couple of decades, Ursk's only companion was the rage welling within him. He nursed it. Held on to it. Every strike of his pick, every crack of the whip, the rage grew a little stronger. They will pay.

Eventually, an opportunity came. It had been brewing for some time. The taskmasters had grown complacent yet their cruelty had grown, too. CRACK! But no scream. Instead... CLANG! Someone's pickaxe drove into a gearsman's head. "Ggggghg!" One of the taskmasters was being strangled by another slave. By the time the masters had begun to organize, a full scale rebellion was underway. Ursk blacked out, the rage consuming him.

When Ursk woke, he found himself at the bottom of a pit surrounded by corpses. Bodies of the League's taskmasters lay along side the bodies of slaves. He imagined the League thought it had won, but Ursk knew better. The slaves were now equal to their masters and they were free. Forever. But not Ursk. He crawled out of the pit, finding himself miles away from the mining site. Over the following weeks, he managed to nurse himself back to health and began to plot his revenge against the League.

Within the last week, while gathering supplies and making ready for another raid on a League caravan, he has found himself in the town of Torch, the eponymous flame having been extinguished under mysterious circumstances.

They are slaves, too, they just don't know it. And the League will come to investigate. For now, I wait...

Appearance:  One's first impression of Ursk might be that of a dwarf-sized flesh golem. His face is badly scarred, his beard is unkempt, and the tattoos inscribed on his scalp aren't tattoos at all but are yet more scars, carved with a blade. On purpose? Maybe. A particularly deep scar cuts from the side of his left eye to below his chin, an ugly pale gash against his leathered flesh. The flesh of his neck thick and calloused as if once rubbed raw over many years. He's of average height for a dwarf, clad in scalemail and carrying a fearsome axe. 

Personality:  It's been so long since Ursk was shown kindness, he is never the first to offer it. And when others offer it to him, His first response is always suspicion. To Ursk, not planting his axe in someone's skull is a courtesy. He should have to say "please" and "thank you", too!? Rubbish. Life is too brutal to give or expect niceties. It's not that he hates everyone; he just doesn't care about the worries of men. He is a slave and he has his purpose. Indulging the whims of free men and women and their notions of civilized society are no longer that purpose. As a consequence, he is slow to anger, but once unleashed, he gives everything to his rage. Little rouses his fury like the agents or machinations of the League. If he judges someone to be under the League's iron boot, he will give his life to protect them. It is the only way he will find freedom.

• 20 point buy
  • Average of 105 wealth for a barbarian
  • Archetype: Invulnerable Rager
  • Stats formatted via HeroLab but I can put into whatever form you like.
  • Trait:  Against the Technic League
Quote:Ursk the Forever Chained
Male dwarf barbarian (invulnerable rager) 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 79)
CN Medium humanoid (dwarf)
Hero Points 0
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +4 (+6 to notice unusual stonework)
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16 (+5 armor, +2 Dex, +1 shield)
hp 16 (1d12+4)
Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +0; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities
Defensive Abilities defensive training
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20) or
. . dwarven waraxe +4 (1d10+3/×3)
Special Attacks hatred, rage (7 rounds/day)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 17, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 7
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 16 (20 vs. bull rush, 20 vs. trip)
Feats Raging Vitality[APG]
Traits against the technic league (weapons), dirty fighter
Skills Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Climb +2, Intimidate +2, Perception +4 (+6 to notice unusual stonework), Survival +4; Racial Modifiers +2 Appraise to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones, +2 Perception to notice unusual stonework
Languages Common, Dwarven
SQ fast movement
Other Gear scale mail, light wooden shield, dagger, dwarven waraxe, backpack, belt pouch, blanket[APG], flint and steel, hemp rope (50 ft.), pot, soap, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin, 11 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Defensive Training +4 Gain a dodge bonus to AC vs. monsters of the Giant subtype.
Fast Movement +10 (Ex) +10 feet to speed, unless heavily loaded.
Greed +2 to Appraise to determine price of nonmagic goods with precious metals or gemstones.
Hatred +1 Gain a racial bonus to attacks vs. Goblinoids/Orcs.
Rage (7 rounds/day) (Ex) +4 Str, +6 Con, +2 to Will saves, -2 to AC when enraged.
Raging Vitality +2 CON while raging, Rage does not end if you become unconscious.
Stonecunning +2 +2 bonus to Perception vs. unusual stonework. Free check within 10 feet.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.
Done!
(02-23-2017, 11:33 PM)Nerdred Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 08:17 PM)Man in Black Wrote: I'm going to say no on the Unchained book.  I don't know Pathfinder like I know 3.5, so I prefer not to mix in optional rules.

Don't worry too much about overlapping classes.  Just make sure your asses aren't hanging in the breeze.  Wink

I'm pretty new to Pathfinder so I may be wrong, but according to what I'm reading the Martial Artist is just an archetype of the Monk. It takes the regular Monk class and replaces all of its Ki powers ( like abundant step and still mind) and replaces them with more martial abilities. The only one I fancy is the "exploit weakness" ability and well the ability to take fighter feats. Seemed more Kung fu to me. I found the archetype to be much simpler than the brawler. On paper at least.

Yeah, Martial artist is an archetype that removes the alignment restriction on monk and changes some other things around. Monk is a class that has lots of build and archetype options with huge variation from really good to really bad. It's not an easy class to build well and I've never tried one for that reason. There are some helpful guides that can make it much easier. Here's a page compiling Pathfinder guides. You can find several for Monk there. 

http://zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/...uides.html

If you don't have much experience with pathfinder you'd be better off staying away from Brawler. It's a good Monk-like class with d10 HD, full BAB, and light armor. But the Martial Flexibility class ability requires you to know your way around the combat feats well, and there are a lot of them. Not a class for someone's first Pathfinder martial character.
Weyna-psychic
Chrome-sorceror
Berna-Alchemist
Reawyn-Alchemist
Nerdred-monk
Kayla-rogue
Ursk-Barbarian

Anyone missing?

As far as Unchained goes, it sounds like an optional rules update. I would need to have the time to understand the changes and how it affects the game. It boosts some classes in the way that Pathfinder core boosts 3.5 classes. At least that is the way it appears to me.
Was Toots going to submit a gunslinger?

Based on this composition, looks like I may need to invest in heavy armor. Much dwarven goodness shall ensue.
Here's Berna's character sheet. I'll post on personality and appearance soon. Work has been kind of crazy the last few days.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1122822
Weyna-psychic
Chrome-sorceror
Berna-Alchemist
Reawyn-Alchemist
Nerdred-monk
Kayla-rogue
Ursk-Barbarian
Toot-gunslinger
Our barbarian is gonna need to get buffed a lot lol.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon