RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

OOC
(03-03-2017, 08:53 PM)Man in Black Wrote: HA!  I had the exact same reaction!  I asked if it was Teddy Roosevelt. Because I'm weird like that.

I do believe the -4 still applies since it isn't armor or armor bonus.  It is a penalty to hit regardless of what you are shooting at or how armored it is.

Yes.  What I meant is if someone with a 10 dex is wearing full plate, his armor class would normally be 18 but for her it would be 10.  So even with the -4 for firing into melee he would have an effective AC of 14 which is still better than the 18.  

As for an enemy with a name starting with "T" it sort of goes with the "t" shaped scar under her left eye.
Quote this message in a reply
But what if that same knight is wearing a ring of protection +2 (deflection bonus) while battling your buddy behind a low wall (+4 cover bonus) and he also has the dodge feat (+1) and you've been hit with a curse from his cleric partner (-1 to hit.) That bonus that precise shot gives doesn't look so pointless anymore. I also like to say no bonus is pointless. How many of us have missed our attacks by one? Too many to count. Big Grin Could you get more mileage out of a weapon focus? I guess that depends on how much math you want to do. This is one of those situational modifiers that is well worth the feat slot since it is a situation that occurs a lot.
I agree with and see what you're saying but I only have a finite number of feats.  Do I take precise shot to stack onto the bonus my gun's penetration already give me or do I pick up something that's a prerequisite for something awesome later on?  

I don't suppose you allow players to re-train feats for a fee?  There are rules for it in the DMG2 I believe.  I know that's 3.5 but Pathfinder is based upon 3.5, right?  Blush
The feat's immediate utility is somewhat lackluster and every player who has run a gunslinger at my table has grumbled about taking it, but it's also a +1 to damage (adds up) and a prerequisite for some other nice feats (like precise shot). You're shooting against touch AC, but a -4 is still a 20% increased odds of missing. That's hefty.

The rapid reload is pretty much mandatory, so good pick. 

Don't forget that if just firing a bullet (as compared to an alchemical cartridge) you also need one dose of black powder. 

Anyway, I love gunslingers and am looking forward to seeing another one played. Yay!
I haven't looked at your feats, but rather at your traits. Both second chance and defensive strategist are very good choices for traits for a gunslinger (enough so that they make the optomization boards) but you may want to swap one out for a Campaign Trait from Iron gods.
So we get two traits? Is this an Iron Gods campaign thing or a general character creation thing?
General character creatiion as far as I know. But since we are in Iron gods campaign one should be a campaign trait
I'm so use to having 2 Traits + the campaign trait that I didn't even think about it. Fixed now.
if it is two traits + the campaign trait awesome.. i will take an extra trait if MiB allows Wink
The normal rule is two traits, one of which has to be a campaign trait if you're playing an adventure path (because that campaign trait provides the "hook" to get your PC started). There's an optional rule to take a drawback in exchange for a third trait, but that'd be up to the GM . . .

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon