RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-11: The Sea of Hate
"I knew it!! Your not a gnome.. yopur a.. a  .. what are you?"

Portho scratches his head.
Quote this message in a reply
Toot bites his lip with one of his tiny sharp fangs while waiting nervously for their responses.  He hoped they remembered how clever he's been and didn't try to squish him like most city people would do.  When Lugar still seems friendly [Sense Motive +6] Toot is hopeful but still apprehensive.  Lugar had a face that could stop a clock.  So he's likely experienced the same type discrimination as Toot, except without the inevitable squish.  Toot nods appreciatively at Lugar but then he hears the eye-twitching, chalkboard screeching, squawking of the Bard.  He fights off the urge to order Boo to maul the gnome like a rag doll.  Instead he turns to look at Portho and slowly forces himself to curl the corners of his lips up into a rather painful looking smile.  

"Yes Portho right.  My ancestors were gnomes but that story for another day.  Toot's people called many things, such as Gremlin, Jinxkin and Banemidge.  But Toot's people call ourselves, Jermlaine."
The armourer nods at Toot's offer on shaping stone but says,
"I appreciate your offer but we're almost done. Not to mention the antimagic field right here."
And indeed, the head of the golem appears atop the water's surface, next to the exit.

The hole on the roof is closed but the last thing those upstairs observed was a ray of bright white sunlight sweeping across the floor of the room. Regarding the sack once more you can see smoke filtering through the hemp weave.

OOC - rolled BK for Portho, just for kicks, and came up with...

Portho digs the deepest recesses of his lore but cannot tap to anything that would resonate with what he's just observed and heard.

Maul looks at the revelation of the jermlaine. He grunts something that could've been, like, "F*ck me," then shrugs.
"Whatever. Considering our current team of selected ugliness I guess none of the Council would falter or scream by your looks."

"You are a selected bunch indeed," Murkatos chuckles, and gives a hearty slap on the shoulder of the companion closest to him, happening to be Torin, then shakes and blows his sore fingers that met the adamantine fullplate just a bit too harsh for him.

"Then it's settled," Maul says and climbs down, taking the lead next to Toot, occasionally making a feeble attempt to ruffle the jermlaine's hair but then thinks better when Boo growls warily on the approach of his open palm.

Those following the stout human priest can see him retrieving the body of a pale elven lass, hair once golden, now broken and lost its shine. She wears the practical clothes of a travelling wizard or even bard, but her trinkets sell her to be well versed in the way of the warrior.
Those following the armourer can observe as the golem climbs out of the pit and crawls through the narrow corridor and across the cellar on all fours. At the exit it just pokes its head up and tears the trapdoor out to be able to climb upstairs. It can straighten up on the corridors of the mansion but needs to crawl through the few doors until finally outside the building, being able to rise to its full height again.
Maul, carrying Merri's body, is already there by that time, and they head straight towards the cylinder of light.

(...)
OOC - if someone has something more to add feel free to do so in a retrospective style... I will leave the thread open for this purpose but I will wrap up the chapter right here.

"Let me go ahead and see what's awaiting us on the far side," Maul says when all are gathered around the swirling rainbow-patterned cylinder of light.
With that, he bravely steps through and disappears. One by one, all follow until finally Murkatos steps through, followed by the guardian.
(03-01-2017, 09:55 PM)Toot Wrote: "This really me..."

Boo growls.

What the hell? Witchcraft! - he looks shocked - ..... What kind of ugly rat are you? - asks him the uglier half-human Smile
But he is happy because he is not the only one "nice person" is the team.
(03-02-2017, 06:39 AM)Toot Wrote: Toot bites his lip with one of his tiny sharp fangs while waiting nervously for their responses.  He hoped they remembered how clever he's been and didn't try to squish him like most city people would do.  When Lugar still seems friendly [Sense Motive +6] Toot is hopeful but still apprehensive.  Lugar had a face that could stop a clock.  So he's likely experienced the same type discrimination as Toot, except without the inevitable squish.  Toot nods appreciatively at Lugar but then he hears the eye-twitching, chalkboard screeching, squawking of the Bard.  He fights off the urge to order Boo to maul the gnome like a rag doll.  Instead he turns to look at Portho and slowly forces himself to curl the corners of his lips up into a rather painful looking smile.  

"Yes Portho right.  My ancestors were gnomes but that story for another day.  Toot's people called many things, such as Gremlin, Jinxkin and Banemidge.  But Toot's people call ourselves, Jermlaine."

[Bardic Knowledge [1d20+11] = 17+11 = 28 re Jermlaine]

"Wow I had never thought to encounter any of your kin, most are quite awful to us gnome, it explains a lot. Well, I have no ill will towards you, and you obviously have not tried to eat me yet, which as far as I know of your kin, is a definite sign of peace."
We loot everything. Murkatos's adamantine golem carry's it all, including the metal door to the vault Smile
(03-02-2017, 08:57 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: What the hell? Witchcraft! - he looks shocked - ..... What kind of ugly rat are you? - asks him the uglier half-human Smile
But he is happy because he is not the only one "nice person" is the team.

Toot shrugs.  "Me think Rats are beautiful!" 
[Jermlaines receive a -6 penalty on Charisma.  He would have a 13 Charisma to Jermlaines.  Cool  ]

(03-02-2017, 07:04 PM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: [Bardic Knowledge [1d20+11] = 17+11 = 28 re Jermlaine]

"Wow I had never thought to encounter any of your kin, most are quite awful to us gnome, it explains a lot. Well, I have no ill will towards you, and you obviously have not tried to eat me yet, which as far as I know of your kin, is a definite sign of peace."

Toot angrily stands up in his tiny stirrups and squeaks, "We awful to you?  Jermlaine a great and noble race no thanks to yous!  Glittergold be damned for what his joke do to us!  And those who escaped were turned into slaves for so longs we withered away and became nothing more than vermin to be stepped on by big folk.  But Jermlaine resilient!  We fought back from extinction!  Now we everywhere!"  Toot calms himself a bit and then continues, "But for now Toot puts bad past away.  We maybe build bridges instead of chopping them down.  So now me will give all of you the true Jermlaine greeting that Toot not able to give to you's while disguised!"   

Toot puts down his crossbow and then lifts his dirty leather tunic to reveal his jiggly potbelly.  He then proceeds to lift his folds of skin.  "Toot showing you's, me's has no hidden weapons to hurt you's all with... See?  None there.... None... there... Whew! Toot a little ripe.  You's wanna smells it too?  No?  Ok... Save that for later..."  Once he has displayed every nook and cranny on his body he pulls down his tunic and sits in his tiny saddle.
Rofl!
[OoC lol... do we need a Fort save?]
[OoC: You might especially when Toot starts showing you the cracks in his nether regions.  Tongue ]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon