RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-11: The Sea of Hate
"Bah, to hell with it.  Lets go see how much a resurrection costs Merri.  Maybe I can get an advance for the next mission." Lugar leaves with the others.
Quote this message in a reply
(02-28-2017, 06:31 PM)Lugar Wrote: "Bah, to hell with it.  Lets go see how much a resurrection costs Merri.  Maybe I can get an advance for the next mission." Lugar leaves with the others.

Yeah, let's go leave this damn place.
Maul nods.
"Let's take Merri home."
Climbing down, Maul looks at the other half of the party and asks,
"We will take the gateway to Sea Jewel. I cannot tell if this is your path but if you decide to follow, consider yourselves welcome."

Murkatos takes a brief pause in instructing his new "pet" and looks at Toot, Torin and Portho in anticipation of their reaction on Maul's proposal.
I think that places will be better place than this. I hope this will be a wonderful journey.
Maul nods at Torin and looks expectantly at Toot.

OOC - as far as Maul tell Torin and Portho are one team but if Portho decides to add his decision that's fine
Toot watches as the Golem attempts to build a staircase out of the hole Toot created to trap the construct.  He can't help but muse to himself that someone as small as he is could defeat such a huge, indestructible, creature by himself just by digging a simple hole.  "See Boo, big people not so smart.  Big smarty-Pants moving statue creator didn't see that coming."  Toot then looks at the Armorer and asks, "You need Toot's help to shape stone into better shapes so giant, clumsy statue can get out easier?"

When everyone is together again, Toot (with Boo close by) strolls over to Lugar and casually clears his throat.  If Lugar doesn't notice, Toot will clear his throat a little louder and more obviously.  When Toot finally gets his attention, the little 'gnome' will peer up at the Dark Dwarf and blink his eyes thoughtfully at him.  If he still doesn't get the hint, Toot will hold out his tiny hand, waiting to have his amulet returned to him, and then blinks at him again.

[OoC: Is Sea Jewel in this world?  Toot might have a problem traveling to a different world. ]
The name doesn't ring Toot a bell and based on all the conversation so far the wise little creature has no difficulty guessing that Sea Jewel is some other place of existence.
OOC - I admit that story-wise Toot has the hardest decision since this is the doodid's native world-- as much as any of the party can tell.
(02-27-2017, 10:14 PM)Lugar Wrote: Lugar is stunned by the course of events, and when SG pays him on the back he winces in pain from the overly strong half-human. Recovering he turns to the little gnome. "Hey Portho, make sure my beard is foot longer when you write our epic will you. Let's get out of here." Lugar starts to leave then remembers the sack of vampire... "Oh yeah, almost forgot." He goes to retrieve it, wondering what happens to a vampire that's been quartered and the stake is removed?

"Do not pull that stake. It will regenerate. If we truly want it destroyed we need to drag it out into the open sunlight or immerse it in running water"

"Sea Jewel may not be home, but it will do much better than here. Perhaps there we can find out how we can get home."
Realizing that he would be leaving his home if he went with these people causes Toot some extreme anxiety.  It was true he was banished by his people for being more curious.  A curiosity they feared that some day would doom them all.  In reality, Toot wasn't THAT much more curious than the average Jermlaine, he just happened to rely upon his wisdom and intelligence more than his primitive brethren.  Toot uses Boo's fur to climb up to his saddle and then fastens himself in.  Before he decided whether to stay or leave, Toot needed a question answered.  He casually guides Boo to move away from the party, pretending to be investigating something that's caught his attention.  Toot then readies to spur Boo to get away from the area.

"Me have something to say." Toot waits until he has their attention before continuing.  "Me not have much here in this world but it be familiar to Boo and Toot.  We's not have traveling companions before that we's can tolerate.  We's not even have acquaintances.  We's likes having protection from greater numbers but we's not sure if you's knew truth if you do what all Big People do to my kind.  So before we's go, then you's find out truth and we's gets stranded on other world, we's need to shows you something."

Toot pauses a moment to gather all of his courage.  He pees himself.  Then he removes his Hat of Disguise.  The gnome facade vanishes to reveal a tiny, dirty, little, rat-like humanoid.  His grey skin has knobby bumps and wirey hair poking out from here and there.  His face has a grumpy little nose and two beady rat-like eyes that flash red when the light catches them at certain angles.  

"This really me..."

Boo growls.
(03-01-2017, 08:52 PM)Toot Wrote: Toot watches as the Golem attempts to build a staircase out of the hole Toot created to trap the construct.  He can't help but muse to himself that someone as small as he is could defeat such a huge, indestructible, creature by himself just by digging a simple hole.  "See Boo, big people not so smart.  Big smarty-Pants moving statue creator didn't see that coming."  Toot then looks at the Armorer and asks, "You need Toot's help to shape stone into better shapes so giant, clumsy statue can get out easier?"

When everyone is together again, Toot (with Boo close by) strolls over to Lugar and casually clears his throat.  If Lugar doesn't notice, Toot will clear his throat a little louder and more obviously.  When Toot finally gets his attention, the little 'gnome' will peer up at the Dark Dwarf and blink his eyes thoughtfully at him.  If he still doesn't get the hint, Toot will hold out his tiny hand, waiting to have his amulet returned to him, and then blinks at him again.

[OoC: Is Sea Jewel in this world?  Toot might have a problem traveling to a different world. ]
Lugar's ears twitch at the sound of the little "gnome" clearing his throat. "Ehh, what do you want?" He asks, then seeing the little hand held out he instinctively reaches for his neck where the amulet hangs under his grey cloak. "Oh, sorry little buddy, the bad man took it....." Lugar lets that hang in the air for a bit until he can no longer hold back his amusement. "Ha, ha, gotcha!" He says, then hands over the amulet.

When Toot says he has something to show them Lugar is curious, even a bit aprehensive as if expecting a betrayal. The "gnome" wielded powerful magic after all, he was thinking. Then the illusion is lifted and it reminded him of his own revealing to Silent Giant and Merri Starsong. "Why, you look like me when I was a wee babe sucking on me mum's... Sniff, sniff...well enough of that. I don't care what you are, you're a clever little... well whatever you are...and I don't blame ya for keeping secrets. C'mon, there's another world on the other side of that light, let's be off!"

Ooc - lmao " he pees himself"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon