RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-11: The Sea of Hate
(02-17-2017, 12:45 PM)Lugar Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 09:50 AM)Silent Giant Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 07:42 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: "First I would devour your soul."
OOC - let's give some slack time for the others to react.

OOC - Ask him - "Tell me Mendor, how can we close this gate?" Smile

Ooc- I didn't read the spoiler so I wouldn't ask him that :p  but if Toot had the circlet he might say, "Go f*** yourself!" Lol

ooc - Why? Sad Was this question in the spoiler?
But maybe you can refer to this IC conversation to ask him: http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....6#pid18456
Quote this message in a reply
Torin tells to Lugar in undercommon:
- Without a direct order the spirit couldn't able to left the circle, it follows your comands, so ask it: Who can close this gate? How can they close it? Etc.
[OoC: I thought we agreed that Toot would have LENT the amulet to Lugar before they went upstairs.]

Toot Wrote:OoC1:  Toot would have lent the amulet to someone.  (The key word here is LENT!)  The reasons being...
1) If Toot is wearing the Amulet he fears he will become a more interesting target for the Undead.
2) The amulet is useless to Toot while Wild Shaped.  If he had a Wilding Clasp it would be a different story but since this is Core only, Wilding Clasps are out of the question.

DM Wrote:And Toot is right about the amulet; it melds into the new form, becoming nonfunctional. As I mentioned you could specify locations of items in your first IC post and since Lugar explicitly mentioned the magic amulet and Toot explicitly mentioned his willingness to lend it I'm willing to go with the amulet (and the circlet) being worn by Lugar
Lugar grins at hearing the information Torin just told him.  "Excellent," he replies in Undercommon.

"Tell me Mendor, how would one close this gate if one wanted to, and being a creature of such a dismal place, do you know what Chant of Ages is?"

If Mendor really is being "cooperative" then Lugar will command him to tell  Lugar more things like:
How long will the circle he is trapped in last?
What is the Key of Hate?
What are these magic items and how do they work? (the items from the vault, the bottles found in the locked commode Smile and the adamantine scimitars included)
And anything else the others want to know.
"Tell me Mendor, how would one close this gate if one wanted to, and being a creature of such a dismal place, do you know what Chant of Ages is?"

"You wield the power to open a gate from the Negative Energy Plane to the plane of your existence. If you enter the Negative Energy Plane the gate will collapse. Obviously you self-proclaimed yourself to be the commander of undead armies, that's why you have no idea, right? As for the Chant; I'm a librarian and not a minstrel. Go ask that troubadour friend of yours."

"I cannot find any weakness in the circle so I cannot break it. I cannot tell if it will disappear after an amount of time but such circles usually remain until destroyed by an external force, like an earthquake or an outsider whose power is greater than the circle's."

What is the Key of Hate?
"The key to hate is to stop loving. All of us intelligent undead hate all living beings."

What are these magic items and how do they work? (the items from the vault, the bottles found in the locked commode Smile and the adamantine scimitars included)
"I cannot tell their properties without touching them."
(02-20-2017, 11:07 PM)Toot Wrote: [OoC: I thought we agreed that Toot would have LENT the amulet to Lugar before they went upstairs.]

Correct, the amulet is with Lugar then. (and I guess he wears it as well)
(02-21-2017, 12:47 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: "Tell me Mendor, how would one close this gate if one wanted to, and being a creature of such a dismal place, do you know what Chant of Ages is?"

"You wield the power to open a gate from the Negative Energy Plane to the plane of your existence. If you enter the Negative Energy Plane the gate will collapse. Obviously you self-proclaimed yourself to be the commander of undead armies, that's why you have no idea, right? As for the Chant; I'm a librarian and not a minstrel. Go ask that troubadour friend of yours."

"I cannot find any weakness in the circle so I cannot break it. I cannot tell if it will disappear after an amount of time but such circles usually remain until destroyed by an external force, like an earthquake or an outsider whose power is greater than the circle's."

What is the Key of Hate?
"The key to hate is to stop loving. All of us intelligent undead hate all living beings."

"I cannot tell their properties without touching them."

"If I enter the circle, the gate will close?  Answer this question." Lugar does not like the prospects of self-sacrifice without reward. His stony dwarven heart just got more stony at hearing that. "An oerthquake hmmm.... Tell me, will damaging the stone the circle rests on  destroy the link to your plane and close it, or will it free you?"
OOC - You wield the power to open a gate from the Negative Energy Plane to the plane of your existence. If you enter the Negative Energy Plane the gate will collapse. = I think he confirmed the circlet is the key. (...or Lugar, but we have to try to close without Lugar first Wink)
(02-21-2017, 03:04 AM)Lugar Wrote: "If I enter the circle, the gate will close? "

No, dude! Do not do that! He is lying certainly!
Mendor smirks at Giant's alarming cry then turns back to Lugar.

]"If you enter the circle the gate will close. Damaging the circle would not close the gate but would set us free to roam your world and devour your souls."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon