RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-10: Crypt of Hate
Scene: an underground crypt next to an armoury.
Time: afternoon in the white autumn. Total white eclipse.
Present: all PCs and NPCs.

One by one the party descends the shaft and the rope, still tied fast to one of the weapon consoles, about ten feet from the exit. As the armored human priest reaches the bottom of the rope first with the others making at least as much noise as himself, the water stirs in the middle. A whirlpool stands as a telltale sign of where the guardian tries to grope around blindly to catch anyone. Carefully, one by one, the party miraculously manages to get around the dangerous zone, through the gate, outside the antimagic aura, into the crypt.

Maul trots along the narrow corridor and stops at the end, with Murkatos following tightly. They stare at the sarcophagus second from the end.
Those drawing nearer can get a glimpse of a ghastly figure, white like wax, having silver hair, wearing a thin golden circlet as a crown, standing inside.

(OOC - everyone's down there, feel free to reposition yourselves as you see fit.)
Lugar will guard the rear and grumble over his wounds.  He takes the time to reload his crossbows and place them on his belt.  The close quarters here didn't seem appropriate for a halberd so he stores it on his back, choosing to carry the shield instead. (shield  in one hand, other hand free to pick his nose or scratch his bum)  

As he watches the rear he wonders if he and Silent Giant missed any valuables when they ransacked the place earlier.  This trip through the light tunnel was turning out more dangerous than he had thought... undead... curse those things, I'd rather fight a drow army.  He ponders the strange fellowship forming between his new acquaintances.  There were magic wielding gnomes and humans, plenty of cleverness to go around there.  If it wasn't for that mist I'd probably be a skelle myself now.  He scratches his chin under his beard and pictures what he'd look like all bones and beard. The dwarf was clever enough, if a bit strange... didn't he ask you to dance? He shakes that thought away quickly.  At least there's Silent Giant, his axe and arms could split a dwarf in two, Lugar imagines.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

With Boo's feet on solid ground, Toot throws his tiny arms around the scruff of his furry neck and exclaims, "Such a good boy!"  Toot then gives one of his last two goodberries to Ludgar and Silent Giant.  "Me know it not much but best cure spells already used for summonings.  Me do have a couple minor cure prayers to stabilize you if you get knocked unconscious in combat."

When Toot sees the vampire he instinctively draws closer to Boo.  He then tries to test Boo by walking him toward the creature to see if this vampire has the same Unnatural Aura that ghost-thing used to spook Boo in the other tunnel.  If it did, Toot didn't want to be attached to Boo while Boo rode away from his companions in the middle of combat.  They would need him to stay close to protect them with the Circle from any mental influence.
Boo doesn't seem to be frightened any more than upstairs while he valiantly protected Toot. Those spiritual things were definitely worse for him.
Also, just in case some wouldn't remember; this is the only place in the cellar that's not flooded. It's dry, except for your own wet footprints.
Meanwhile Torin casts three Cure spells in this order (ooc - SG: +31, Maul: +14, Lugar: +8).
- Only a few left.
[OoC: Have you thought about maybe switching to a Radiant Servant of Pelor?  Empowered & Maximized healings for everyone!  Big Grin  I'm playing one in my table top game and she is a healing MACHINE!  Cool ]
(12-21-2016, 08:57 PM)Toot Wrote: [OoC: Have you thought about maybe switching to a Radiant Servant of Pelor?  Empowered & Maximized healings for everyone!  Big Grin  I'm playing one in my table top game and she is a healing MACHINE!  Cool ]

OOC - Not my style
(12-21-2016, 08:57 PM)Toot Wrote: [OoC: Have you thought about maybe switching to a Radiant Servant of Pelor?  Empowered & Maximized healings for everyone!  Big Grin  I'm playing one in my table top game and she is a healing MACHINE!  Cool ]

[OoC  that would not be core only either, and if non-core was allowed this bard would be completely different lol]

Portho, seeing the vampire will backpedal, not wanting to approach. He will end up behind Torin, in the sport left of the stairs

[OoC I am not able to move my token, as you suggested. Bards are NOT melee oriented, no way in hell he is going closer to a vampire than he has to]
OOC - but Portho may provide instructions or support the party on how to destroy him Smile
(12-21-2016, 07:35 PM)Torin Wrote: Meanwhile Torin casts three Cure spells in this order (ooc - SG: +31, Maul: +14, Lugar: +8).
- Only a few left.

Lugar gives his thanks in dwarven to the dwarf and takes the opportunity to spy what, if any, shiny valuables Torin may have hanging loose on his armored body. (Rogue)Smile

When Toot offers another little berry he contemplates saving it for later but eats it instead. "Thanks again little fellow. We never had these in the deep dark."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon