RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-10: Crypt of Hate
As Torin dons the cloak a hint of recognition passes his face.

[not spoiler anymore]
As you became an impersonator of the creator of this particular construct, you learn its powers and current instructions. Its task is to protect the armoury and its contents from all living invaders but won't attack unless there are at least two trespassers are in the armoury proper. There is one exception though: if the guardian cannot sense more than a single invader then it will attack immediately.
Neither the creator nor the creator's company are treated as exceptions.
You also learn that it will recognise you as its creator. Unfortunately, you don't learn how to alter these instructions.
[/not-spoiler]
(01-13-2017, 04:45 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: As Torin dons the cloak a hint of recognition passes his face.
As you became an impersonator of the creator of this particular construct, you learn its powers and current instructions. Its task is to protect the armoury and its contents from all living invaders but won't attack unless there are at least two trespassers are in the armoury proper. There is one exception though: if the guardian cannot sense more than a single invader then it will attack immediately.
Neither the creator nor the creator's company are treated as exceptions.
You also learn that it will recognise you as its creator. Unfortunately, you don't learn how to alter these instructions.
Quietly, Lugar contemplates what the key to hate is. Is it the vampire? Is some magic item? Is it one of the keys he and Silent Giant grabbed earlier? Who knows? Might just be we should throw all the loot into the place those undead skellies came from. No, no, no, terrible idea....

Lugar watches patiently as the experts examine the magic items, looking for any hint of greed in the eyes of his new friends. "Well, well, well, don't you look dandy!" Lugar jests. "Fit for a royal ball! So what does it do, protect you from your left foot! Hahaha!" Lugar seems to enjoy taunting the other dwarf for no apparent reason. Must be some odd racial enmity going on.
Torin tells everything that he learned after he donned the cloack.
OOC - removed the spoiler tag.
(01-13-2017, 04:45 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: As Torin dons the cloak a hint of recognition passes his face.

[not spoiler anymore]
Its task is to protect the armoury and its contents from all living invaders but won't attack unless there are at least two trespassers are in the armoury proper.
[/not-spoiler]

Fine, so what are we waiting for?
Portho, could you try to use this cloak? Maybe you will know more. (ooc - UMD)
(01-13-2017, 09:10 PM)Silent Giant Wrote:

[not spoiler anymore]
Its task is to protect the armoury and its contents from all living invaders but won't attack unless there are at least two trespassers are in the armoury proper.
[/not-spoiler]

Fine, so what are we waiting for?

(01-13-2017, 09:25 PM)Torin Wrote: Portho, could you try to use this cloak? Maybe you will know more. (ooc - UMD)

Ooc - good call! /  jó ötlet Smile

"So we go through the armory one at a time, unless little guy here can command the construction." He gestures at Portho.  "One us uses that Hide from Undead spell that Torrin has hidden up his bung-hole, and we throw the Sermour slices into the Sea of Hate. If that doesn't work we throw something else in. Mission completed, rescue the world, and whatever nonsense that Master Geddin is smoking. We march out of here with a bag of loot over our shoulders as easy as vampire cake!"
OOC - good call on both fronts! Smile Strictly OOC though... Torin's CL is 7 and there are 5 PCs, 2 NPCs and Boo for a total of eight living creatures.

Maul nods.
"I prepared that spell myself as well but I had to sacrifice it for healing. If only I had a scroll we could share this holy task."
(01-13-2017, 10:19 PM)Lugar Wrote: "So we go through the armory one at a time, unless little guy here can command the construction." He gestures at Portho.  "One us uses that Hide from Undead spell that Torrin has hidden up his bung-hole, and we throw the Sermour slices into the Sea of Hate. If that doesn't work we throw something else in. Mission completed, rescue the world, and whatever nonsense that Master Geddin is smoking. We march out of here with a bag of loot over our shoulders as easy as vampire cake!"

Yeah, that sounds good.
Toot has been muttering bitterly about not having a nap.  Jermlaine weren't known for working so hard if they didn't have to.  Toot got cranky when he missed his nap times.  And by his calculations he`s missed two... 

"Why did me accept this quest from old Cow," he mutters to himself.  He tilts his brooch so he can look at it's sparkle and thinks, 'shiny things always got me in trouble.'  He had not talked about the brooch in case one of these big people tried to take it away from him.  But it did have some power over undead and negative energy.  Maybe it could help...

"Me met an old cow named Kiera," Toot finally says.  "She said, their master plan is to freeze time in the solar eclipse so they can roam the open world freely.  She also gave me this..." He flashes the brooch at the group quickly then covers it again.  "If I promised to help.  She used it once on Boo when ghost-thing touched him and made him really weak.  It like thing stole part of his strength.  When old cow said a magic word, a pale aura of light surrounded them both and a shiny beam shot up towards the sky, but it was stopped by the roof of the hut, and Boo got better.  It can only be used like that two more times.  Old cow also said, even after it used up it will still protect against negative energy."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon