RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-10: Crypt of Hate
(01-04-2017, 07:21 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: "Definitely not," Maul answers. "Who knows what happens up there with the circle as time passes."

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről

Strange but I agree with Maul. I hate undead and I don't like if they rule this world.
OOC - Knowledges vs. Time Magic: Arcane [1d20+8] = 19+8 = 27 Planes [1d20+4] = 4+4 = 8 Religion [1d20+8] = 19+8 = 27
OOC - Teleport Through Time, Portal Through TimeThe Temporal Energy Plane, also called the Plane of Time, Manual of Planes: p. 208; Time Domain

- I heard about mage kings, whom have ability to travel through the time, ... Amaunator, Grumbar and Labelas Enoreth give their priests the same spells that a wizard could cast in time sphere, ... and maybe there should be a plane of time, but who knows - Torin shrugs - this. So, I think the vamp is a mage and we are in another time (in the future or the past) or vice versa, the undeads are in another time. His circle is connects this plane with the undeads plane through a time portal. Anyone of us examined him or his crown?
(01-05-2017, 08:25 PM)Torin Wrote: OOC - Knowledges vs. Time Magic: Arcane [1d20+8] = 19+8 = 27 Planes [1d20+4] = 4+4 = 8 Religion [1d20+8] = 19+8 = 27
OOC - Teleport Through Time, Portal Through TimeThe Temporal Energy Plane, also called the Plane of Time, Manual of Planes: p. 208; Time Domain

- I heard about mage kings, whom have ability to travel through the time, ... Amaunator, Grumbar and Labelas Enoreth give their priests the same spells that a wizard could cast in time sphere, ... and maybe there should be a plane of time, but who knows -  Torin shrugs - this. So, I think the vamp is a mage and we are in another time (in the future or the past) or vice versa, the undeads are in another time. His circle is connects this plane with the undeads plane through a time portal. Anyone of us examined him or his crown?

Are we in another time? Huh, good joke! We are in the present. Maybe they are in the future or in the past but I am sure I am in the present.
(01-05-2017, 09:02 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: I am sure I am in the present.

OOC - As far as verbal annihilation can go, this is worth an Ippon.

As he recalls the details on time magic and the Time divine domain, Torin mentions two more spells; Time Stop and Temporal Stasis. All these spells are way beyond the knowledge this particular vampire had, as far as the party could witness.

"The crown, indeed," the armorer responds. "But why the crown? You analysed the dweomer of the circle; why not check everything here?"

Whoever examines the crown can't see anything out of ordinary, compared to the others. This is one of the most slender ones, really more like a golden circlet with a high-end precious stone, easily worth 5,000 golden lions even if not magical.
OOC - Is Torin's character sheet right that he has used 2 of his daily allotment of 3 detect magic's?
OOC - Yes. Torin has only one DM for this day Big Grin
OOC - "only" one? I would say he still has one "more" Smile (hint hint...)
OOC - OMG... reviewing past threads I realised I forgot something... it will look really silly here and now, but anyway, here it goes...

PRIVATE TO PORTHO

As the party examines the still form of the vampire along with all its equipment a shade crosses Portho's face. All of a sudden the story unfolds in front of his mental eyes.

The upper sewers where Chrysolite grappled and pinned Ruby when she objected his wisdom, in spite of the she-elf's exceptional strength, catlike grace and outstanding martial prowess.
The lower sewers where Pearl detected the presence of evil in the generic direction of Chrysolite which they took to be the kuo-toa on the other side of the door the priest was facing.
The section called "correction facility" where the undead turned their backs to the party but it felt like they were obeying his command and not frightened by his divine presence.
The spider-infested upper ruins where Chrysolite proved to be more interested in objects of arcane and in martial artifacts than Malachite and Pearl.
And finally the lower ruins: the assault on the party; the dried-up corpses of Ruby and Malachite, with the twin punctures around the neck....

The cold, steely blue eyes and the silvery hair were misleading but the regal pattern of his clothing and some minor pieces jewelry leads to the recognition: Sermour is none other than the former party's "cleric," Chrysolite!
He wonders why the vampire spared him while killing the others; and why he left most of their equipment intact while picked up Malachite's belongings, including the twin curved daggers.
(01-06-2017, 07:49 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: "The crown, indeed," the armorer responds. "But why the crown? You analysed the dweomer of the circle; why not check everything here?"

Because he has a conspicuous crown. (ooc - and nothing else except a cloak Wink).

"Giant can see a cloaked figure with arms spread and raised slightly, citing some lengthy incantation. The figure has a slender but apparently valuable headband, maybe a crown or tiara on the head."
Another snippet...
PRIVATE TO TOOT
You may want to check this post...
http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....94#pid9794
Indeed, the cloak is also richly decorated with arcane symbols. Torin, Portho and Murkatos immediately notice that the repeating pattern contains the symbols of many schools of magic: transmutation; conjuration; enchantment; and universal. What may it stand for????

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon