RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-10: Crypt of Hate
[OoC: Sorry for not being around again.  As usual, work and real life eat up my free time.  Sad   But it looks like there wasn't really much for Toot to add to the conversation. ]

Toot just watched what was going on.  He didn't have much to say but finally asks, "Do these Golems usually have supernatural senses?  Do they automatically detect their target?  Why is stepping into the room activating the Golem?  How can it see us from the bottom of a deep hole filled with dirty water?"

(01-27-2017, 04:08 AM)Lugar Wrote: "Dragon magic..." Lugar says with awe, then picks up his jaw and looks at Murkatos meanly.  "It was luck! I could've done the same if wanted to.  What did you tell it?  Will it lift us to the ceiling? Will it destroy the skeletons?"

"Dragon Magic,"  Toot asks with a bit of surprise.  "I've heard of dragons who are powerful in magic.  I think they were called Itchy Dragons or something..."
So what's the plan? It's time to go up again. We should peek the undead. I can divert they attention in total defense so someone else can throw the key in. ooc - or few summons can

ooc - Can someone increase SG's AC? Shield of Faith, Barkskin, Prot from Evil? Cat's Grace? Etc. or Sanctuary? Displacement? Shield Other? Hide from Undead? Etc.
Ooc- hide from undead spell
(01-28-2017, 02:14 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: ooc - Can someone increase SG's AC? Shield of Faith, Barkskin, Prot from Evil? Cat's Grace? Etc. or Sanctuary? Displacement? Shield Other? Hide from Undead? Etc.

[OoC: Sorry, the only protection spell I have left is Resistance to Energy. ]
The armorer has just one correction to add to the discussion, and a little more insight on constructs.
"It's draconic but not necessarily dragon magic. Pretty much every arcane caster speaks Draconic, making it a feasible choice for controlling a construct. As for detection, my guess is that currently it can hear us but not see us. So... thinking of it... a Silence spell may be similarly effective. Except that it's pretty much harmless at the moment."
"Well, in that case," Toot replies. "Couldn't someone sneaky just sneak past the Golem?  He can't see us in the pit of water but me suggest staying away from edge of hole just in case and being underwater would certainly make it more difficult for the Golem to hear the sneak.  Maybe me could possibly even turn into a bird and glide silently across the room."  Toot looks around at everyone to see if anything he's saying is making sense to anyone.  He then shrugs and adds, "Me just offering suggestions..."
(01-29-2017, 05:46 AM)Toot Wrote: "Well, in that case," Toot replies. "Couldn't someone sneaky just sneak past the Golem?  He can't see us in the pit of water but me suggest staying away from edge of hole just in case and being underwater would certainly make it more difficult for the Golem to hear the sneak.  Maybe me could possibly even turn into a bird and glide silently across the room."  Toot looks around at everyone to see if anything he's saying is making sense to anyone.  He then shrugs and adds, "Me just offering suggestions..."

The barbarian is wondering. Can you turn into a bird? Hm, witchcraft!

ooc - Great, so you can peek the undead in bird form safely.
[OoC: Well, I think the undead might find a chicken as tasty as a human. Tongue ]

(01-29-2017, 09:23 AM)Silent Giant Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 05:46 AM)Toot Wrote: "Well, in that case," Toot replies. "Couldn't someone sneaky just sneak past the Golem?  He can't see us in the pit of water but me suggest staying away from edge of hole just in case and being underwater would certainly make it more difficult for the Golem to hear the sneak.  Maybe me could possibly even turn into a bird and glide silently across the room."  Toot looks around at everyone to see if anything he's saying is making sense to anyone.  He then shrugs and adds, "Me just offering suggestions..."

The barbarian is wondering. Can you turn into a bird? Hm, witchcraft!

ooc - Great, so you can peek the undead in bird form safely.

Toot raises an eyebrow at the witchcraft comment and then replies, "You know, not everything witchcraft. Me doodid. Doodid powers come from natural world. We try to maintain balance. Other powers like Bards," Toot's eyes slowly shift toward Portho and then back to Giant. "Are Arcane. Which is not from the natural world..."
(01-29-2017, 09:49 AM)Toot Wrote: Toot raises an eyebrow at the witchcraft comment and then replies, "You know, not everything witchcraft.  Me doodid.  Doodid powers come from natural world.  We try to maintain balance.  Other powers like Bards," Toot's eyes slowly shift toward Portho and then back to Giant.  "Are Arcane.  Which is not from the natural world..."

Hm, from natural world... I see. Natural world is fine - says the ranger Wink
(01-28-2017, 05:07 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: The armorer has just one correction to add to the discussion, and a little more insight on constructs.
"It's draconic but not necessarily dragon magic. Pretty much every arcane caster speaks Draconic, making it a feasible choice for controlling a construct. As for detection, my guess is that currently it can hear us but not see us. So... thinking of it... a Silence spell may be similarly effective. Except that it's pretty much harmless at the moment."

"Torin and I are both still affected by my magical silence, the only sounds we are capable of making come from our vocal chords."

He slaps the wall next to him to illustrate the effect, no sound coming from the action at all.

"But the water is too deep for me to wade safely through."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon