RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-10: Crypt of Hate
OOC - Yes you did and I will make it IC as follows:

Maul scratches his chin for a moment.
"We saw that the circle, or the light emanating from within, undoes some of the damage made to those skeletal warriors. If the circle is indeed a gate to the negative energy plane it would make sense since negative energy affects undead similar to how curative prayers affect living beings. What would happen if we threw in the hacked bits of the vampire? As long as the stake is in place his own fast healing wouldn't work but would the circle do that instead?"

"Makes sense. Something bothers me in your theory but I can't get a hold of it." the armorer replies.

OOC - any guesses what bothers the armorer? Smile
(01-19-2017, 02:51 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: What would happen if we threw in the hacked bits of the vampire? As long as the stake is in place his own fast healing wouldn't work but would the circle do that instead?"

Great! I hate them. Can't we throw him and immediately close the gate with the key?

ooc - If he is the key or his headband one of them have to close the gate... or not? We are not interested in if he regenerates on other plane.
- As fa as I know: "Driving a wooden stake through a vampire’s heart instantly slays the monster. However, it returns to life if the stake is removed, unless the body is destroyed. A popular tactic is to cut off the creature’s head and fill its mouth with holy wafers (or their equivalent)."

So, our vamp is just an old rusty body while the stake is in his heart and the negative energy - which is the same that a cause wounds spell creates - wouldn't be heal him.
Ooc - he's worried that the bits would regenerate separately? Maybe they will turn into tiny vampire's like Evil Dead style.
OOC - good thinking everyone... so who does what?
(01-18-2017, 04:09 PM)Lugar Wrote: "I know a bit about mind control. Gimme that circlet, I'll make that fat statue lift us up, then we both go Silent Giant. We use magic to hide from the skellies and toss the blood sucker's bones into the circle. We just need to make sure we can destroy that magic circle."

That's it, dude. We can't be sure but we have to try it, we have to risk. Let's go. Here you are. - he takes the circlet and gives it to Lugar.
So... now Portho has (and wears) the cloak and Lugar has (and wears) the crown?
Portho will doff the cloak and hand it back to Lugar, since he did not sence anything beyond what Lugar had, and he thinks it might make more sense to pair rthem.
Lugar will switch out his cloak and headband for the vampire's circlet and cloak. Ooc- if I need to roll a UMD can Portho sing for meSmile He then goes to the vault to command the golem to climb out of the watery pit. (It stopped moving once we left correct? So if the command works the water would churn.)

"If Toot's brooch protects its wearer from negative energy then if the vampire has it, it can't regenerate from the circle?" He ponders out loud.
Portho quietly recites a poem of daring magical experimentation.

{OoC inspiring Competence, granting +2 to Lugar's UMD}

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon