RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-9: Circle of Hate
OOC1 - I know it looks ridiculous but considering the damage made is the same the flame in Toot's hand is the same size as the flame in a fire giant shaman's hand.
OOC2 - obscuring mist is a spread centered on the caster but stationary once created. So it will be created around Toot's current spot. Also added a bit of coolness into Toot's depiction of how to recite the spell. Hope you like it Smile
OOC3 - I don't think climbing is a dex thing. I clearly remember my feeble attempts at climbing ropes and it's purely based on strength of specific muscles. We may use a house rule, though, that the str needed is partially compensated according to weight. More on this in OOC thread.
OOC4 - Does hanging onto Boo make some sense?

Toot recites a quick and breathy supplication and a thick mist begins to pour out of his mouth, nose, ears and who knows where else.
Once he's done exhaling, he hops onto Boo who follows Torin who's just jammed himself atop of all the others into the shaft leading down.

Giant's turn!
Correct me if I'm wrong now it's only Giant 5ft step away from the circle and Lugar still right next to the circle while everyone else are tightly packed within the shaft leading down.
(12-21-2016, 07:28 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Giant's turn!
Correct me if I'm wrong now it's only Giant 5ft step away from the circle and Lugar still right next to the circle while everyone else are tightly packed within the shaft leading down.

Yes, Giant is next to the trapdoor and 5(10?) ft step away from circle.

Hey, dude, come on, retreat! - he says and climbs down
Giant queues behind Toot (riding Boo).

Round Five

The warrior closest to Lugar hacks around, not really confused by the mist but failing to get anywhere close to the duergar behind his expertly whirring halberd.

Lugar's turn!
[OoC: At first I described the mist coming from Toot
 too but the spell says it has a range of 20'.  Range and Area of Effect are different things so I'm not sure why in the spell's description it says it comes from the Doodid.]
OOC - Range is a limitation on point of origin as well as on the spell's area of effect.
Quote: If any portion of the spell’s area would extend beyond this range, that area is wasted.
i.e. a spell centered on you with radius 20' must have a range of 20'.
Note that the spell's effect, once in place, is a different topic. E.g. you can summon a creature at the edge of the range and it can move farther but I'm not sure you can still control it unless you get within range to them again.
OOC - Control SM/SNA: The rule is clear: "It attacks your opponents to the best of its ability. If you can communicate with the creature, you can direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions. " (There is no range limit. Of course if it cann't hear/see you then it will be continues his previous order.)
(12-21-2016, 09:11 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Giant queues behind Toot (riding Boo).

Round Five

The warrior closest to Lugar hacks around, not really confused by the mist but failing to get anywhere close to the duergar behind his expertly whirring halberd.

Lugar's turn!

"Move yer arses! I'm coming!" He yells, then Lugar will tumble backwards towards the wall and deeper into the mist. (Tumble=29)(Hide=10)(Move Silently=27)

Lugar draws one of his crossbows and shoots a bolt off to his left in an attempt to confuse the skeletons. Still fighting defensively (-5/+5) (Attack=22 vs AC5)
(OOC - wrapping up the scene...)

The skeletons groan and moan all around but it's hard to tell where they are in the solid mist. As the others climb down, Giant and Lugar enter the shaft last and leave the circle of hate... for now.

CHAPTER CLOSED

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon