RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-9: Circle of Hate
[OoC ouch looked at what I have vs. what is likelyto work and Portho's ioptions for survivability are limited. For now the bison are still allies (since Torin has not reditrected them yet).]

Portho will do a Withdraw action, meaning his first square of movement does not provoke an attack of opportiunity, that first movement will be north-east, away from the skeletal warrior. he will continue north-east, now provoking an AoO from Torin, before heading all the way to the trapdoor square then norrth along the wall to the square just north of Toot. "Excuse me  , coming through."

As he passes behind Boo he growls a plea like an injured cub. ~"Skeletons try to eat me!"~
(Round five continued)
A thoqqua hits the warrior but it did not catch flames...
The third magma worm, charging in, hurt itself badly as it crossed the boundary of the circle (-5hp)
Toot starts another chant...
Boo delivers another successful attack.

Portho leaves and Torin tries to smack him with his morningstar but fails to penetrate the gnome's armor. lets him pass as he's busy finishing his spell.

"Krisp!" Murkatos exclaims, targetting the warrior that was almost surrounded but it shrugs off the panic attack.

Torin's turn!
OOC - taking over Torin's turn to move things forward... also edited the incorrect AOO above.

Torin finishes his spell and puts the bison as close to Portho as possible. Alas, he cannot command the animal which of his opponents to attack so it picks the heavily damaged skeleton instead. It succeeds in goring the warrior and almost finishes it off.
The cleric can't control the rest of the bisons either so they scatter, looking for the nearest reachable target.
One of them flanks the same warrior with Boo but misses big time; it bellows in pain as stampedes cross the circle.
The other two step next to the cowering warrior in the southwest part of the round chamber; one of them hitting it successfully.
Torin quickly thinks through his available repertoire and given how crowded it is where his target has fled he decides that best if he spends the spiritual weapon to slice and dice the gnome. He then drops his morning star on the ground and draws a javelin, his only ranged weapon to have the slightest change of hitting the gnome.
The scimitar hits (-3hp).
"Clear the space around Portho!" he hears himself shouting and deep inside he hopes that his allies simply won't obey.

Round six

The cloaked figure, still hanging from the ceiling, sends another thought towards Torin.
TO TORIN
"Dance with the duergar."
Then looks at the half-orc with the mighty axe with the same sharp look but the raging barbarian shrugs off the mental control!

The burning warrior to the south does not seem to be too much disturbed by the flames and steps next to Torin, slashing towards him twice but failing to penetrate the armor.

Giant's turn!
Ooc - I think my turn was skipped, Lugar should go after the cloaked figure.

Lugar pulls the blade-less hilt from his belt.  "Hey Portho, what's the magic word for this?".... (assuming he tells Lugar, Hikari so!).... Lugar swings the glowing blade at the nearest skeleton hoping to the high heavens that it puts the fear of death into the undead.

Using Combat expertise (-3)
Attacks Skeleton
(1d20=17)+7bab+2flank+1mw-3= 24

Lugar's AC: 27? = 10 +5armor +4dex +2shield +3dodge +2PfE +1deflection
Touch AC: 20
"Hey, I can't reach them and cut more bones." - he yells

So Giant goes west and attacks the Cloak. He throws the first curved dagger (good one). AC:17  (+/- x?)
(11-17-2016, 08:34 PM)Lugar Wrote: Ooc - I think my turn was skipped, Lugar should go after the cloaked figure.

OOC - correct, sorry. This is because you couldn't see yourself in the turn order so I removed you and asked you to roll for yourself (that way you'll see yourself). Sorry I forgot this...

(Round six recap and continued)

Lugar pulls the blade-less hilt from his belt. "Hey Portho, what's the magic word for this?"....
"Hikari yo!" Portho yells and Lugar repeats the command word but nothing happens...
(OOC - technically I'm not sure if replying such simple questions should be immediate action but it makes sense since Portho is not really distracted by anything (other than trying to dodge a spiritual scimitar)

Giant yells, then pulls a dagger and throws it at Cloak but it loses momentum before impact and bounces off harmlessly.

The skeleton warrior, completely surrounded, hacks at the most hateful creature; the priest; and hits Maul once (-7hp)
The southwest warrior continues cowering, posing little threat or resistance against the bisons' attacks.

Risking another slice at him, Maul dares leaving the warrior's side and goes west-northwest. His gamble pays off as the warrior misses. He stashes his mace in the iron ring on his belt while moving.
Reaching halfway between the warrior and cloak, he draws a sunburst symbol in the air and utters,
"Wrath of the Benevolent, smite these fouls souls!
Bright light bursts forth from his hand and the surrounded skeleton warrior crumbles to the ground.
More importantly, though, the cloaked figure stuck on the ceiling turns into a puff of mist!
(OOC - rolled both ridiculous damage for holy smite and ridiculous saves for both affected creatures.... theoretically Maul could've affected one more warrior but didn't want to risk placing the spell in the middle of the evil looking circle. Feasible?)

Toot's turn, to be followed by Portho, Murkatos and Torin!
[OoC1: This dice roller obviously hates me.  I'm not sure why I bother rolling.  Angry ]

[OoC2: I'm a little confused about where all these critters can move on the map.  I rolled an attack for all of them even though they might not be able to.  If they can't reach a target with a single move action, they will take a double move to get into position to attack next round.  Not that it matters because I failed in every single attack except for maybe the Wolf if it gets flanking.  Dodgy ]

Toot sees red when Maul damages his pets.  For a split second he considers dropping his latest Summoning on the Priest's head but thanks to his enormous will, he's able to resist and Summon the creature to the south.

Suddenly a large Dire Wolf [+4 bonus to strength and Con due to feat] appears and attacks (maybe flanks) the southern Skeleton. 

[Bite: 1d20+13= Result 20 (22 if flanking); Damage: 1d8+12=20] [If Torin is still able to flank the Skeleton with the wolf then add +2 to the attack.  If Torin can't flank then put the dire wolf in the squares above Torin.
If the attack hit the Dire Wolf gets to try to trip the skeleton.  Trip Check = Result: 13+13= 26]

[OoC3: If the Skeleton is prone then the Thoqqua's will get a +4 to hit him.  Not that it will matter with my rolls.]
Thoqqua1: Will drill 5' down/ then drill toward the same Skeleton 10'/ then Drill 5' up and then attack.  
Slam: Attack 1d20+6= Result 14, Damage 1d6+5= 6, Fire: 2d6=4 (Wow that sucked!!)

Thoqqua2: Will charge at the skeleton (if it can)
Attack: [1d20+6] = 6+6 = Result 12 (14 if charging), Damage: [1d6+5] = 4+5 = 9, Fire: [2d6] = 6

Thoqqua3: Will attack whatever skeleton it can.  Will charge if it can.
Attack: [1d20+6] = 9+6 = Result 15 (17 if charging), Damage: [1d6+5] = 1+5 = 6, Fire: [2d6] = 3

Toot will move 5', summon a vial of holy water from his HHH and toss it at the undead.
[Range Touch attack: Holy Water: [1d20+10] = 1+10 = 11 WOW!  Rolled a ONE! , Damage: [2d4] = 4 or 1 point of splash damage!

Boo will then move ahead of Toot to block any attacks that might come his way.
EDIT: updated roll20. Now both skeletons are surrounded almost completely by summoned monsters, one tripped, other cowering. Also applied all damages Toot and beasties mustered (notes to dire wolf: bite is P+S+B, wow... and I think it gets 1.5 str bonus on damage so it's d8+13)

Portho's turn! (I will follow up with Murkatos and then it's Torin's turn)
Portho will take a 5' step south, then ready an action with his wand of cure light to attack the wisp/cloak with it if the wisp comes within reach.

[OoC a melee touch attck with healing should affect it even in gaseous form, he hopes.]
Portho realises (rolled 17+7 for bardic knowledge) that this figure is a vampire! Thus he knows he can't affect it in gaseous form if it transformed to mist as a result of Maul's spell. (Portho knows all the lore described in MM/SRD, including the coffin part and the ways to slay it. Feel free to add dialog telling the others what to expect)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon