RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-9: Circle of Hate
(11-08-2016, 08:36 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Stuck at the ceiling as if his hands were glued he stops out of the bisons' reach, some ten feet above ground, and glares at Torin.
"Kill the gnome!" the figure tells Torin with irresistible urge.

OOC - Torin, ask him: Which one? (Portho or Toot) - maybe he will be confused a bit because he sees one but you know about two gnomes Wink
OOC - @Lugar, applying a ranged attack next to an opponent draws an AOO. I let it sink and please consider if you insist on having that position and take the AOO or climb out next to Murkatos instead, thus no AOO.
Also, bardic music applies to weapon damage and I'm not sure bombs classify as weapons. Similarly, PBS goes for ranged weapons. Are chemicals considered weapons at all? That said, I'll apply the damage now. May alter this for future attacks after some investigation.

The warrior does catch fire. Disregarding the heat, it dances round to get to Portho's back and slices the gnome (AC25 -9hp)

Giant's turn!
ooc - a magic circle against evil will be help a lot to Torin.
Which one? Big Grin
If he could choose then he attacks Toot first and just after Portho.
Giant gathers his strength and smacks the warrior squarely in the hip.

The warrior doesn't care following Giant; smacks at the bear instead. Its first swing misses but the second one deals damage (AC24 -11hp)

The westmost warrior cowers.

Maul assesses the scene and takes a step forward then invokes Pelor's might.
"In the name of Mighty Pelor, back, foul creatures!"
but they don't back up.

Toot's turn! (thoqqua, Boo, and finishing of SNA included)
To be followed by Portho, Murkatos, Torin.
OOC - Discussion on the "irresistible urge" is in OOC thread.
[OoC oh a slight correction on my last round. Is using bardic knowledge to know anything about teh circle a free action or a standard? If free Porthop would hav told the group anythingh he know. I have no ranks in spellcraft which is trained only unfortunately.]
OOC - Based on Knowledge skill; "Usually none. In most cases, making a Knowledge check doesn’t take an action—you simply know the answer or you don’t."

Portho recognises the stuff as a conjuration circle of some kind or a gate to another plane of existence. Unlike most circles he's heard about, though, it doesn't seem to keep evil inside; either because it's not the purpose or it's simply too week to have contained the warriors who came.
Others with the spellcraft skill, particularly the adepts of summoning, must have noted that the skeleton warrior crumbled into a heap but did not disappear; suggesting they are not summoned creatures.
So it's just a circle, not an alter or physical obstruction?

I think that Thoqua needs to start making holes under all the bad guys... How does the saying go, drop dead!
Toot finishes his spell and he sighs with relief as two more Thoqqua's appears.  [At least it's not 1!! Dodgy  ] 

[OoC: I have a question... if I have two Thoquaa who is at least 10' away on either side of the enemy and then order them both to charge, do they both get flanking bonus?  Because if I do, I'd like to make one of my newly summon Thoqqua to appear south of our Mage (Murkatos?) and then have him and my first Thoqqua charge attack at the skeleton beside Boo at exactly the same time. ]
Ooc circle yes it's only an emanation not an elevated space.
Ooc flank Technically no but practically why not. At least one of them could get the bonus.

Where to put the third thoqqua and what are Boo's and Toot's actions for the round?

Please do the rolls for all your muppets as I won't have access to roll20 in next 10-12hrs. I can check the chat archives though and can roll offline if needed.

Then Portho is up, and we can assume that Boo's attacker stays erect.
The first Thoqqua charges.. [Result: 13  Dodgy I'm sure he didn't hit. ]

The second Thoqqua charges... [Result: Attack 28!, Slam damage: 11, Fire: 5, Total damage: 16 Special attack: Burn*]

The third Thoqqua appears North west of the skeleton north of Torin and Charges at the same skeleton the others are attacking... [Result: Attack 17, Slam attack: 8, Fire: 11, Total damage: 19, Special attack: Burn*, I Doubt he hit.  Angry

[Note: This finally attack will give Silent Giant a +2 Flank bonus.]

Quote:*Burn (Ex)
When a thoqqua hits with its slam attack, the opponent must succeed on a DC 12 Reflex save or catch fire. The save DC is Constitution-based. The flame burns for 1d4 rounds if not extinguished sooner. A burning creature can use a full-round action to put out the flame.
Boo continues to attack: 
*Claw 1: Attack 27, Damage: 8
*Claw 2: Attack: 13, Damage: 10
*Bite: Attack: 9, Damage 6

[OoC: WOW!! Those are some sucky rolls!!!  Angry  ]

Toot will mutter, "Why the hell is the dwarf with adamantine armor hanging back behind that igit Gnome instead of in front?"  Toot normally wouldn't care if the Gnome got his annoying butt trampled but Toot realized that they needed everyone in this fight.  And though Portho's Suicide attempt might be a surprising battle tactic, it wasn't something Toot wanted to try.

And Toot begins casting another summoning spell.   Blush

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon