RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-9: Circle of Hate
Using his Combat expertise, (-5/+5)Lugar takes advantage of Torin's aid and attempts to trip the skeleton, but is hard pressed by a wall of skeletal warriors. Then he takes a 5' steps with Torin. Wounded by one of the skeletal warriors, Lugar taunts them back, "C'mon you gutless cadavers. Is that all you got!"  (they're not using scimitars right?) Smile

Attack: (1d20)+8+2+1-5=8
Round Four (cont'd)

Lugar tries to make use of Torin's support and carefully trip the skeleton but it dances around the halberd with ease.

The warrior thanks Lugar for the dancing lesson by a flash of its blade that cuts to the bone (AC42 -8hp). Luckily, its second attack misses.

"I'm history," Maul says and starts climbing down.

"Tritelis!"
Murkatos takes down the most damaged skeleton with three more, precisely placed missiles then follows Maul.

The southwest warrior steps in the middle of the circle, waiting eagerly for anyone to come close and create an opening.

Party's turn!
(current order is: Portho, Giant, Torin, Toot)
Portho will continue to sing, and will use two move actions to begin the climb down.

Climb [1d20-2] = 11-2 = 9
Giant delays. He waits for Torin and Toot.
I hope you follow me. - Torin nods to Toot.
He withdraws and climb down about seven feet.
Ooc - Maybe Toot can use stone shape to build a wall so we can escape without being followed? Or, he can throw a tanglefoot bag to stop one of the skeletons? Lugar also has tangle foot bags, so we may be able to stop two or slow them at least.
Nice thoughts. I'll wait for another night for @Toot to post IC, I'm sure he's lurking around just needs a bit more time.
[OoC: If we don't want to be followed, how about an Obscuring Mist spell?  It states that magical fire burns it away but I'm not sure if that includes Produce Flames.  Even if you were to use the example of how Wall of Fire effects the mist, the teeny-tiny little flame in Toot's hand wouldn't burn hardly any of the mist away.  The flame would be almost the size of a candle or a match.   Tongue 

I will leave this here for a little bit, while I post elsewhere, then return to see if anyone agrees or they think I should try the tanglefoot bag. ]
Ooc - do the obscuring mist. Much better than tanglefoot I think Smile Lugar will hide and retreat into the mist, not sure what the skeletons will do though? Lets hope they are mindless and dumb and attack each other!
[OoC: I doubt they are mindless but here goes nothing...]

"Ummm, Boo might need some help..." [Boo's climb is +7]

Toot will then recite a quick and breathy supplication and suddenly a thick mist begins to pour out of the ground near the circle.  [I think Toot will place the spell at the intersection where the top right corner of the East skeleton who is standing on the edge of the circle.]

[Obscuring mist: Range 20'; Effect 20' radius/ 20' high; Duration 1min/level; 
Description: The vapor obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature 5 feet away has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker cannot use sight to locate the target).  Gust of wind may will disperse it and Fire spells will burn away only they area which they damage.]

Toot then runs over to the trap door then hangs onto someone while they climb down.

[OoC2: Toot's climb sucks. (-3) because it's based upon strength which doesn't make much sense since he's only around 7 pounds and his max load is 25 pounds.  That's why I said, Toot hangs onto someone while they climb down.]

[OoC3: Just thought I should mention that in Pathfinder, creatures who are tiny and smaller use their Dexterity for Climbing and Swimming.]

[OoC4: In case it was too subtle... HINT!!  HINT!!  Tongue ]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon