RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-8: Cascades of Hate
ooc - I think he is still on his shoulders
"Me too have Flint and steel as well as alchemist fire," Toot adds.  "We can make torches fairly easy.  But first I ask for yous to move magic torches out of field until they light up again so we mark area for Thoqqua.  Also take this chalk and mark on walls edge of field.  Thoqqua clever but sometime a bit slow.  Me want to take no chances they might misunderstand.  A mistake could mean a waste of spell which we can't afford."

While everyone is helping with marking the edges of the the field, Toot asks, "Does anyone else have any spells that could help?  My Nature's Allies are not the only summons available to casters."
Lugar can't find any indications of the field being a trap that could be disarmed. It might as well be a permanent spell in place.

Maul shakes his head with a grunt.
"Summoning is not part of my daily prayers, and this morning we prepared against undead, mostly protective and positive energy."
The armorer adds,
"Lacking my spellbook I'm restricted to the three spells I mastered; mending objects; protecting from elements and enchanting weapons."
Ooc - perhaps Maul or Murkatos could mark the boundary of the field whil Lugar searched for traps. Did everyone hear Giant announce the muttering coming from the vault? Out of curiosity, what kind of damage would a battering ram do to this statue??? Can anyone enlarge Giant? Smile

Lugar stifles his irritation at failing again. He then gestures for the group to back into the crypt so the unknown muttering person won't here their plotting. Once inside the crypt Lugar will growl his frustration, "Grrr, there's no chance of me ending this anti-magic. We'll have to send your friends around it little one." Lugar says to Toot. "Looks like we may have to do this the old fashioned way if plan "A" doesn't work." Of course Lugar means, sneak in, grab everything, and sneak out if anyone asks.
- I can summon some monsters too, but they not able help to us. (ooc - Torin can summon monsters with N, NG, CN or CG alignment)
"Mephits and elementals could be helpful, especially those of the earth variety," Toot replies.  "But we first see what happens.  Remember, Earth Elementals no like water so they need to be summoned on walls or ceiling.  Speaking of Earth Elementals..."

Toot concentrates to burn away the lesser Restoration from his mind and to have it replaced by a new summoning.  He then grips his mistletoe and while making a beckoning motion with both hands, he whispers a supplication to the earth.  Slowly a mound of [whatever material the ceiling is made from] lowers out of the ceiling and stares at Toot out of two hollow sockets.

"Earth Friend," Toot grumbles in Terren.  "Me need you to scout under that circular room over there but you must remain 15' away from floor of room.  Bad magic there that will hurt you and me no want Earth Friend harmed."  Toot will show Elemental how far 15' is either on a wall or showing it his 10' pole and indicating one and a half times its length.  "Please return before end of summoning to tell me what you found."  [Duration of spell is 7 rounds.  Earth Elemental has a Move of 20' so 2 move actions would be 40' per round.]
Yes, M&M could mark the area while Lugar was busy scratching his chin and coming up with nothing but some fleas maybe.
The muttering is very faint and if it is some magic incantation then the muttering creature(s) is(are) too busy concentrating to hear any of the conversation going on here.
Giant's words, of course, can be heard by all present.

The earth elemental went and returned in about two rounds.
"Nice firm earth and stone down there. No cavities, no life forms, no interesting minerals." the elemental reports.
(10-13-2016, 05:50 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: Yes, M&M could mark the area while Lugar was busy scratching his chin and coming up with nothing but some fleas maybe.
The muttering is very faint and if it is some magic incantation then the muttering creature(s) is(are) too busy concentrating to hear any of the conversation going on here.
Giant's words, of course, can be heard by all present.

The earth elemental went and returned in about two rounds.
"Nice firm earth and stone down there. No cavities, no life forms, no interesting minerals." the elemental reports.

OOC - The muttering, roaring sea Smile
"How deep you think hole need to be to be sure creature can't get out," Toot asks everyone while concentrating to burn Sleet Storm from his mind to shape its energy into another Summoning spell.
[OoC With just it's legs visible through the doorway, how tall would we be able to extrapolate it is? 15-20 feet tall?]

"The hole needs to be deep enough that it cannot just reach up and grab the edge to pull itself up, that means a BIG hole, perhaps twice it's height. Forty feet perhaps?"

[OoC in real life Iam 5'9",and not athletic anymore, but with only a little hop I could grab the edge of something 9'-10' up and pull myself up.. so if it is 20' tall then a 30' hole may not be deep enough]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon