RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-8: Cascades of Hate
Present: all.

Once the plan settled, Lugar and Torin take the lead since they are the toughest cookies.
Giant accompanies Toot (riding Boo) to soothe the shaman's constant fear of imminent danger.
Murkatos and Portho follow for arcane support.
Maul closes the ranks and provides more support as needed.

The grey dwarf quickly shows the newcomers around, explaining the surroundings.

The building is a mansion that seems to have sunken ages ago; or maybe a host of stone giants stacked an unhealthy amount of rocks and pebbles on the whole thing. The layout is roughly a hollow square, with a corridor running around on the inner edge and all the rooms being located on the outer side. All four sides of the corridor feature a garden gate pointing inwards but vision is blocked completely by rubble.

The lobby is on the western side. Going around clockwise, there's a large guards' barracks in the northwest corner with lots of rubble and at least six corpses crushed to death by stones. Next are the master and mistress bedrooms; partially collapsed recently. Maul explains that this was the place of the final showdown with the ghost that lethally wounded Merri. The darkmantles just finished her off when the party withdrew in a last desperate attempt to save her life.

The northeast large room was once a library but the many ancient tomes are in grave condition right now. There's a commode with a compartment about 12x12 inches open. The far corner of the library is collapsed, providing the only way to reach the attic. According to Murkatos there's nothing to be seen on the attic anymore. He was the only point of interest there until the party rescued him (after quite some misunderstanding).

The eastern side is governed by the kitchen; also in ruins; and a pantry. There are broken shelves, pots, cauldrons and stuff-- and a trapdoor leading to the cellar.

The southern side features three guest rooms, completely collapsed. Giant explains that he heard some movement here on one occasion and found traces of dust across the corridor as if some creature passed from stone to stone through the open space. Something "corporeal"...

Finally, the southwest corner is the dining room. All the furniture is broken here.

Once this brief introduction is done, Lugar leads the team down the trapdoor where an iron ladder descends into cold, murky waters three feet deep.
Boo needs some encouragement to dive but shows no signs of distress once in the water. Toot gets more than a bit wet in the process but stays mounted.
Portho, though, needs to find some way to safely get into the waters.
Torin finds the floor beneath the water sticky and insisting but does not make movement impossible.

The cellar seems to run around a single rectangular block of granite walls; the west side featuring an iron door in the middle, wide open. Beyond the door is a short corridor and as Torin steps in he can feel the change under his feet; no longer sticky, this floor is firm to hold his weight including the bulky armour. There are a few steps of stairs elevating above water level on the south side and a door open on the top of the stairs; This is the door to the crypt. The iron wall at the eastern end of the passage is closed and the newcomers can see four runes here; Lugar notices that they reset to their original position. It's just a matter of memory to recall what was the winning combination to open it; but first of all Toot has to plan his mining works properly...

OOC - moved party to the cellar in Roll20. I will post a shot of the ground floor later.
Toot will pass his everburning torch forward so we can find the edge of the Antimagic field.
Lugar will carry the torch to find the magic dampening field. When he gets to the door he looks at the runes and tries to remember the combination.... (nmnm).... "Yes that was it Im certain of it." He says to himself. "Prepare yourselves, I will open the door.... Did I mention this thing breaths poisonous gas?" Something he would like to examine if he had the time.
Portho looks at Silent Giant. 

"I hate to ask, but do you think you could fight if need be with me strapped to your back, so I could look over your shoulder."

[OoC Portho weighs a total of 65 lbs. gear included.]
(09-26-2016, 05:20 PM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote: Portho looks at Silent Giant. 

"I hate to ask, but do you think you could fight if need be with me strapped to your back, so I could look over your shoulder."

[OoC Portho weighs a total of 65 lbs. gear included.]

Grr, I am not a horse,..., but okay this time because you are a good, helpful person. - He lifts Portho.
(09-26-2016, 09:08 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: The cellar seems to run around a single rectangular block of granite walls; the west side featuring an iron door in the middle, wide open. Beyond the door is a short corridor and as Torin steps in he can feel the change under his feet; no longer sticky, this floor is firm to hold his weight including the bulky armour. There are a few steps of stairs elevating above water level on the south side and a door open on the top of the stairs; This is the door to the crypt. The iron wall at the eastern end of the passage is closed and the newcomers can see four runes here; Lugar notices that they reset to their original position. It's just a matter of memory to recall what was the winning combination to open it; but first of all Toot has to plan his mining works properly...
Giant goes out from water and stays at the door of crypt.
OOC - there are three everburning torches total: Maul's light mace (was used by Merri, now used by Murkatos); Portho's (IIRC) ordinary torch; and Toot's medium-sized dagger (a two-handed tool for the tiny doodid). you may use it in a creative way if the characters are well versed in geometry. Tongue

As Toot hands the dagger over to Giant the barbarian instinctively checks its balance and notices that it tips over to the blade; as if the grip were very light, not unlike hollow bone.

Lugar strides forward with one of the everburning torches and goes as close to the wall as he dares without triggering the nasty lightning trap. The light does not wink out, indicating that there is no antimagic field in place here... at the moment.

OOC - Please check Roll20 whether you can handle your tokens. Use drawing tools to show intended routes.
[OoC no Portho has an everburning torch not an ordinary torch. That is why he has been able to do things like tuck it under his cloak.]
OOC - Our DM thought that your everburning tourch seems as an ordinary tourch. Torin also have got an everburning "tourch". He casted the Continentual Flame spell to a copper ring and this spell is 3rd level for clerics so you can see normaly in a simple darkness, because the darkness is just a 2nd level spell. He wears his everburning ring as a medalion in a chain around his neck, but a pouch is cover it's light.
(09-26-2016, 06:16 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: Grr, I am not a horse,..., but okay this time because you are a good, helpful person. - He lifts Portho.

[OoC1:  Master Blaster!!   Big Grin    ]

[OoC2: Toot has the dagger with continual flame on its tip and an Everburning touch.  He also has Chalk to draw on the walls and ceiling where the antimagic fields end. ]

Toot avoids the water as much as possible.  He makes sure his saddle is secure on Boo's shoulders so it doesn't anciently tip into the water.  When the water gets too close, Toot lifts his feet until they're up on the saddle with him.

With mention of poison gas, Toot ready himself to urge Boo to get the hell out of the area.  

[OoC3: Has someone mentioned the lightning trap?  I don't remember.  If they have, Toot will ask if anyone has tried to disarm or dispel the trap?]

[OoC4:  Did the group identify this thing as an Iron Golem or an Adamantium Golem?  For some reason I thought it was made from Adamantium but it sounds like an Iron Golem. ]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon