RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-8: Cascades of Hate
Giant has forgotten about Portho while he observed the events.

Hey, are you still here? - he is wondering
This sack is same like Val's sack was. You gnomes and halflings are strange but have useful items.
(ooc-I think Lugar has same but bigger, so a bit different Smile)

SG puts the two-handed sword into Portho's sack. He quickly picks up each item and puts them into Lugar's and Portho's sack.

Let's go up. Who is the first? Maul, Murkatos?

He jumps up to reach the end of the shaft (medium reach 8ft+3ft) and tries to climb up a bit (11,26).

high jump [1d20+12] = 2+12 = 14
climb [1d20+9] = 2+9 = 11
climb again [1d20+9] = 17+9 = 26

ooc - I know Lugar has a magic rope but Giant thinks this is not a long distance.
Ooc it's ten feet overhead I.e. about sixteen feet high total or thirteen feet from water surface so Giant fails, even when taking ten.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
[OoC: Is the antimagic field still suppressing the Everburning Torches?]
Yes the field is still on the indicated area.

So it seems that Giant and Portho spent a few minutes collecting all stuff from walls. The extradimensional containers, however, are vulnerable to piercing and cutting from inside as well as outside, so the large pointy weapons like the two handed sword and the polearm do not fit. (Ooc I recall one more item in a different version of my notes, still looking for it)

Maul and Murkatos wander around, watching closely the wriggling efforts of the construct.

Toot and Boo...?

LunarLugar and Torin... ?

(If you don't have actions to add then just update your positions on roll20 or simply post here. I will draw a cross-section if you need it for navigation)

Lugar was quiet most of the time as he skulked around, making sure not to be too far away from the tiny gnome Toot. (His illusion is still up correct?) He was doing his best to search and listen for the muttering they heard before, when the vault door opened. The trap door in the ceiling intrigued Lugar, but since he lost his magic rope he pondered how to reach it... If I were ten feet tall and that little gnome, Toot, was on my back like Portho and Giant, he could tie a rope for us to climb up. And I could lift everyone up, he thinks to himself.

"Everyone, listen, I have a plan to reach that trap door. I will lift you all up. Does anyone have rope?"
(10-24-2016, 01:42 PM)Lugar Wrote: Lugar was quiet most of the time as he skulked around, making sure not to be too far away from the tiny gnome Toot. (His illusion is still up correct?)  He was doing his best to search and listen for the muttering they heard before, when the vault door opened.  The trap door in the ceiling intrigued Lugar, but since he lost his magic rope he pondered how to reach it... If I were ten feet tall and that little gnome, Toot, was on my back like Portho and Giant, he could tie a rope for us to climb up. And I could lift everyone up, he thinks to himself.

"Everyone, listen, I have a plan to reach that trap door. I will lift you all up. Does anyone have rope?"

high jump again [1d20+12] = 7+12 = 19

I can't reach it but I can throw up a gnome. Are you ready, Portho? - he smiles at him

Of course, dude. Here you are. - SG gives him his silk rope.
OOC - please remind me how he lost his rope. I have very faint memory of the event...
OOC2 - note to Giant; if you try jumping around like crazy you'll land in the middle of the vault more sooner than later.

The incantation can be heard faintly and distorted by the sloshing sound of the water (OOC - quite like white noise preventing eavesdropping) but its presence is quite obvious to everyone. Most think it comes from atop the shaft.
Ooc Magic rope around the eyes of the statue to blind it so we could escape. You had Lugar cut his rope to release a magic electrical burst on the golem to slow it Wink

"I promise not to cut this one." Lugar says to Silent Giant. "Where's the edge of this anti magic field?" He asks someone with an ever burning torch. If someone will help, Then, Lugar will step near the center of the vault, testing the ground for stability. He will try to straddle or leave at least one foot on solid ground as he prepares to "enlarge" himself. " Portho, hand me that green shield will you? I will hold it like a plate for you all to stand on and lift you to the door above. Someone can tie the rope to the door and we can climb up."

"Can someone silence that blasted muttering?"

Lugar will offer to carry the halberd or sword so they don't damage anyone's bag.

Ooc if someone helps Lugar to mark the edge of the anti magic field he will enlarge to lift everyone up one at a time using the shield. Duergar elevator. Also, he is worried the trap door may be trapped, the shield may protect him a little Smile

Once enlarged he should be able to lift 460 lbs over his head.
Lugar lifts Giant first since he's the best climber. With some acrobatic action Giant manages to reach sideways and get a hold on the shaft. Once he'd pulled himself up it's an easy climb, breaking against the circular wall.

Maul helps fastening the lower end of the rope to one of the arms consoles, creating a roughly 60 feet slant that all humanoids should be able to climb with some aid. Boo needs to stay downstairs or needs another means of élévation.

Time is running out, Murkatos warns, as the guardian works in tireless frenzy to tear the boundaries of its prison apart. Another minute and there will be no place to stand here.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon