RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account




$81.68 donated / $385 needed
for site upkeep Jun 2017-2018!

  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5


[IC] Chapter 1-7: Many Meetings
#31
Giant continues his ready and he is waiting for answer from gnome. (and of course to surrender themself)

http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/showthread....2#pid12292
#32
[OoC: When readying an action, I believe Giant has to pick between readying for an attack or readying for if "they come too close." Not both.  And "too close" should be defined too.]

(07-28-2016, 08:47 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: Surrender yourself, gnome! - he is readying his bow to shot if they come too close or trying to attack us. (standard action)

When the man exclaims to Toot to Surrender, Toot glances back at him and replies, "Tempting... But no."  

Then quickly turning to Dwarf, Toot replies, "Me would love to have this conversation with you but first need to get away from who ordered me to surrender.  Orcs and Grey Dwarf not known to be nice to prisoners.  But yes I meant a Grey Dwarf."  Toot and Boo then charges away from the disembodied voice, using total defense, allowing them to lead the way.
#33
OOC - he is readying for an attack but he also thinks if they come too close (10ft) without surrender they want to attack. Smile
#34
Lugar will discuss the situation with Maul and Murkatos on his turn.

"Murkatos, check the cellar for us to see what that noise was while we deal with these newcomers. Giant is guarding the door right now. Maul, can you try talking to these, these idiots. As you say, they seem to have a great deal of fear and hatred for my kind. So much for benevolent races! Hah! It seems they stumbled into us but aren't looking for a fight. At least not at the moment. I'll use one of my disguises if you think it will help."
#35
Ooc - things getting complicated. Please read the ooc thread before continuing here.
#36
When the man exclaims to Toot to Surrender, Toot glances back but cannot see the source of the voice. The doodid replies, "Tempting... But no."
Then quickly turning to where the Dwarf left, Toot replies, "Me would love to have this conversation with you but first need to get away from this man calling for surrender. But yes I mean a Grey Dwarf." Toot and Boo then charges away from the bowman, using total defense, allowing them to catch up with the dwarf who continued withdrawing on Portho's trail.

Giant, still hiding, can see all newcomers leaving.

Lugar turns to companions.
"Murkatos, check the cellar for us to see what that noise was while we deal with these newcomers. Giant is guarding the door right now. Maul, can you try talking to these, these idiots. As you say, they seem to have a great deal of fear and hatred for my kind. So much for benevolent races! Hah! It seems they stumbled into us but aren't looking for a fight. At least not at the moment. I'll use one of my disguises if you think it will help."

Murkatos shakes his head. "I don't feel like going anywhere alone in this haunted place," he notes. "I think those three would trust two humans better than a duergar and a half-orc. Maybe Maul and I could go after them and you could go down ."
Maul nods. "That makes sense but they are faster than me, clad in iron... Lugar, could you disguise Giant as an ordinary human, maybe shorter, less threatening? Giant, you guard the armorer. Murkatos, you make the speech. Tell them we are benevolent, even the duergar is fine, and that we are fighting evil spirits here. That may turn their attitude in our favour and who knows-- maybe support us in this hour of need."

If all agree, the armorer nods on this plan as well.

SYNCHRONISING STANDINGS

Portho, still invisible and engulfed in flames, has sight of the darkmantle cave.
Torin, visible and engulfed in flames, is 15 feet back. (OOC correct me if I'm wrong; Portho's double move speed is 40ft, Torin's is 30ft).
Toot, riding Boo, is right on the heels of the dwarf, even with total defense they could overtake him if he let them but he clearly stated he wouldn't. (do tell me if you still want to try a bull rush on the withdrawing ironclad dwarf)
Lugar, Giant, Maul and Murkatos are in a discussion at the lobby.
The distance between the Portho and Lugar/Giant is about 120 feet, featuring a left and a right turn in the tunnel.
#37
[OoC:  Since noticing that both Torin and Portho movement rates are 20'...]

Toot will also say, when he easily catches up to Torin, "Move, your slow, wide, ASS!  If you cannot, then let me past you.  There's no reason me and my companion should die because you move like a crippled water buffalo!!"
#38
OOC - Toot's right, Torin is as fast as Portho so they are tightly packed together. The rest are the same. If you all agree we can split the scene in half (still using this same thread) and stop posting turns. If my understanding is correct the three factions are:
- Portho and Torin who wish to give way to the bear and his rider but are willing to parlay at the same time (well... more like interrogation if it comes to Torin...)
- Toot and Boo who wish to get as far as possible from any danger but not sure if they are willing to parlay.
- The four men who consider the others "not looking for a fight" and thus may see them as potential allies, willing to parlay but are 2 full rounds away.

For the first two factions we can assume they reached the darkmantle cave with sufficient space to dance around each other if they want.
If Lugar and Giant react to Maul's proposal I will move that part forward.
#39
Run, run, run, you bastard monsters, he-he-he! - he shouts 

Roots has disappeared and they are running away - he whispers to Lugar - But how did they come here? - he waits a moment - and, and how did we come here? (ooc - DM, you said he can't remember) - he is scraching his tongue.
#40
OOC - Giant may have hard time when it comes to remembering fine print but he certainly remembers the generic outlines of past adventures, possibly even some names of past comrades or NPCs. He can certainly remember the overall layout of this cave with the two major features; the cylinder of light and the underwater part of the tunnel, guarded by some giants (that are other than himself)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  




Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Forum software by © MyBB - Custom theme © iAndrew 2014 - All Material and Content © artCain, HJCain, and RPGAddicts 2009 - 2015
     
ABOUT US
A gaming group started in late 2005 when several members (from all over the world) came together on a long-running forum website called Plothook.net (formally known as Highmoon.net). Several games transformed from a by-the-book format to highly modified versions that became new hybrid systems with completely custom rules and abilities. Ten years later, these faithful players wanted to secure their work and their stories, becoming the basis of these forums.