RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 1-6: Three is a Company
A deep toned voice whispers back.
- Nope. I can only speak in these languages. Yes do it! Shout repeatedly the following in common:
You little gnome and your @#&+ .. old fart duergar and nasty orc friends will do the best if you just let us pass.
Portho crumbles a little piece of wool in his pocket and mumbles a little incantation quietly and all of a sudden from a point 40' in front of him Torin's own voice echoes out as if there were 28 of him shouting in perfect unison:

"You little gnome and your @#&+ .. old fart duergar and nasty orc friends will do the best if you just let us pass."

[OoC it will repeat every round until I dismiss it, for 7 rounds]
OOC -- twenty humans it is... but please stay on hold, we are in private discussion with Toot concerning his actions (already defined but I need specifics...) If he doesn't post in 12 hours I will post on his behalf.
As Portho and Torin make up their duergar-mocking plan they notice that they can suddenly see each other. Well, not each other but the outlines, as lush green flames erupt from the surface of the remaining puddles at their feet and cover them tip to toe.

"There, that better! Now sneaks not playing games and hiding like cowardly snakes! Me not want to harm snakes! Me just here for stupid Doodid quest to save world. Let Toot go and Toot and bear not gobble snakes up! Understand?"

Too surprised to change the plan all of a sudden when already started executing, Portho crumbles a little piece of wool in his pocket and mumbles a little incantation quietly and all of a sudden from a point 40' in front of him Torin's own voice echoes out as if there were 20 of him shouting in perfect unison:

"You little gnome and your @#&+ .. old fart duergar and nasty orc friends will do the best if you just let us pass."

[OoC it will repeat every round until Portho dismisses it, for 7 rounds]
Can Torin determine the magic effect and the source (the caster) of this? Spellcraft [1d20+15] = 16+15 = 31
It is the druid spell Faerie Fire but he can't find the spell's originator (well... not by means of using this skill). The flames simply came into life on the spot, there was no visible line of effect for example.
OOC - there's no save for the spell but SR applies, if any. Hope I'm not mistaken that neither of you have SR..
OOC - Torin's skill checks: Spot: [1d20+4] = 4+4 = 8 Listen [1d20+4] = 10+4 = 14
[If there are somatic or verbal components and we have clear line of sight to the 'gnome' we likely would not need a spot check.. the questioin is do we have line of sight or is bear rump in our way]
OOC - Yes, the bear is an excellent cover for someone with Toot's total modifier on Hide. So no line of sight. What I meant by "not by this skill" is that Portho and Torin haven't seen anyone else around, just the gnome and his bear. Not trying to insinuate things but theoretically even the bear could've been the caster Smile
Torin whispers in goblin to Portho: A druid with a bear animal companion or a druid (in bear form) with a gnome companion Big Grin (I hope, the other possible solution is some drow in nearby.)

After the whisper, Torin speaks loudly in common:
What are you searching here, DRUID?!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon