RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

[IC] A Stolen Land
"I mean, maybe instead of passing the weapons around preparing for a fight we should put them all in one pack, to not anger them as we pass through their home."  He looks at Happs and Eran considering something as his brow furls more than usual.  "Maybe they can tell us of the bandits if we can get on their good side, does anyone have any sweets?"
Quote this message in a reply
Eran turns to Vidar: - We don't know anything about them and we are just guessing that they are friendly feys so I vote against to your plan.
"I do not think it wise to place our weapons in a sack.  If we encountered an evil fey we would struggle to retrieve our only defense.  We could find ourselves defeated before one of us were armed.  I suggest a compromise.  Along with hiding our weapons from view, I have spell that can alter the appearance of our cold iron weapons so the material they're made from is not so apparent."  Nex pulls out a cold iron crossbow bolt and begins to chant a spell while making gentle rolling motions with fingers.  The bolt suddenly makes minor changes in both color and sheen until they look less like cold iron and more like silver or some other color if they preferred.  "What do you think?," Nexendia asks.  Each casting lasts an hour and I can renew the alterations at will."

[Casting Prestidigitation to make the alterations in color and appearance of the cold iron components of the weapons.]

[Knowledge nature +9; Result: 28; Well that's good.  It would suck to be and Elf and be Noble Born from House Medvyed and not know anything about Fey. ]
(01-19-2018, 10:06 PM)Nexendia Wrote: "I do not think it wise to place our weapons in a sack.  

I agree, lady. - He gives her his cold iron kama to disguise it.
"How long will teh illusion concealing the nature of the weapons last? And what if they see through it? I will take the illusion if you are offering, but all the same I shall still conceal my hammer beneatyh my coat."
Nexendia alters Tushou's strange weapon as asked and then says to Valdi, "It's not an illusion so there is nothing for the fey to see through.  And as I stated, the alterations in appearance last an hour but can be renewed at will.  If there happens to be metallurgist among them then that's our unfortunate luck."  She then alters Valdi's weapon too.  "I also suggested to keep our weapons out of sight, just in case.  It is possible they have some otherworldly sense that detects Cold Iron but for the moment, I don't recall any fey who have such detection abilities."

[OoC: I might have to alter this post if my Knowledge Arcana Skill check of 28 offers some additional or different information.]
[OoC hey I'm Valdi, Vidar is the cray-cray brother ?]
Ooc - Yeah I am Vidar he's Valdi!  Not that confusing!! Tongue But good idea/compromise anyway Smile

Vidar nods in agreement to Nex's plan.  It was more clever than his own. Hopefully there were no fights ahead, he was worried about his brother after the last one.
- Only the bolts - which you gave me - are made from cold iron. IMHO they don't need to cover, cos they same similiar to the others in the quiver.
[OoC:  Sorry.  For some reason I confuse the names but I went back and edited my post to correct it.]

While circling about 50' above the group, Scarf keeps a look out for anything suspicious. 
[Perception +6; will take 10 if he's allowed to.]

While her familiar is on watch, Nex casts her spell to alter the appearance of anyone's weapon who asks.  "Fey are mercurial creatures who may attempt to provoke us and later declare it was all in jest.  I suggest that if we are confronted by fey that we only reveal we have cold iron if an attack seem truly imminent."

If everyone is finished, Nex will ask the trap finders to take the lead while the rest of the group mark our path with sword or liberal use of acid splash cantrips but be careful not to inflict any permanent damage on the plants.  It would be just one more reason for the fey to be angry at us.  Also, if anyone else is able to use detect magic at will they should join me in casting the spell frequently.  It might be our best way to detect them quickly.

[OoC: I understand that this all might seem like over kill but since we are only 1st level I think we need to be as careful as possible. ]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon