RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

[IC] A Stolen Land
"Retinue?"  Valdi chckles deeply. "We are not your servants, regardless of your upbringing. But the runes have revealed that our ørlögr are entwined, we are bound, each one to another."

"I cannot speak for Vidar. He is a man who speaks for himself, but I will pledge to be your strong ally in this venture."
Quote this message in a reply
She smirks at his leap of logic. "I did not call you my servants, did I? I just said that I don't have any. What one lacks in servants, one has to make up in some other way, if survival depends on it. And I don't plan on dying anytime soon."
Vidar downs his ale with a hearty belch of satisfaction while the pretty princess and his brother talk.

With a thick skaldic accent he buts into the conversation. "We need guide who knows land. We need someone who knows magic as well." He states as if everyone is in agreement.
Nexendia enters the Silver Skeleton.  She pulls the hood back of her lush forest green cloak then unties the strings at her throat.  With a graceful flourish the young elvin woman pulls the cloak from her shoulders and folds it neatly over her left arm.  Her keen eyes scan the room until she spots someone who looks vaguely familiar.  Striding across the Tavern with confidence and grace, she arrives at the table with the two rough looking North Men and the singular familiar woman.  

Offering them all a warm smile she says, "Greetings.  My name is Nexendia."  Then turning her attention to the woman she adds, "Prithee, may I bother you for a moment of your time?"
(07-05-2016, 10:26 PM)Eran Wrote: OOC - Eran skill checks: Spellcraft: 16, Knowledge Arcana: 28

[[I nearly missed this. Eran, you can tell that the spell attached to the scroll is Mount, a Conjuration (Summoning) spell cast at approximately your level.]]
Andra is distracted from what Vidar is saying by the approaching elf. A look of recognition striking her face as well. Admittedly, they had barely met, as they were very distant relatives and had little cause to be in the same places except the rare family event. But, at least for a human, having an elven relational is a memorable thing. Maybe less so for the elf, since humans are a copper a dozen.

Andra stands.

"Nexendia. I remember. Andra. What brings you here? This doesn't seem the type of place for you."

Stepping sideways, she angles her body to be perpendicular to Nex and the two Northerns.

"Let me introduce you. This is..." She thinks for a moment, trying to remember what they said their names were, earlier in the week. "Ah yes. Vidar and Valdi. Gentlemen, this is Nexendia, wife of my cousin once removed."
Quote:Andra stands.

"Nexendia. I remember. Andra. What brings you here? This doesn't seem the type of place for you."

Realizing she was not mistaken, Nexendia's smile widens even further.  She's about to embrace Andra in a big warm hug but then she remembers that some humans aren't so public with their affections.  In fact, if her memory served, Andra had a bit of a reputation for being a little bit cold, especially around the noblemen whom her family thought she should consider marrying.  So instead, Nexendia clasps Andra's hand warmly in both of hers.

"I just stepped in for a bite of bellytimber before I take my temporary leave of this place because," Nexendia pauses a moment to pull out a fine vellum scroll.  She then unrolls it to present the script written upon it for her cousin to read, then with a smirk she continues, "I have apparently been drafted!" 

Quote:Stepping sideways, she angles her body to be perpendicular to Nex and the two Northerns.

"Let me introduce you. This is..." She thinks for a moment, trying to remember what they said their names were, earlier in the week. "Ah yes. Vidar and Valdi. Gentlemen, this is Nexendia, wife of my cousin once removed."

Nexendia smiles and nods a greeting to both men as they are introduced.  "Greetings to both of you gentlemen."

Suddenly there's some slight movement under the cloak folded over her arm.  She places a gentle hand over the spot and then smiles and says, "I apologize for interrupting your talk and shall not bother you any longer.  I really must get something to fill my belly before the long ride.  If you'll please excuse me?"

[OoC: Andra, if I know too much about your background please let me know and I will change my post. You had said that people whisper behind Andra's back about her being an "Ice Queen" to royal men. So I figured Nexendia may have heard about it since Nobles do like to gossip. Also, Andra might remember the little dragon (dinosaur) that Nexendia keeps as a familiar. So she may recognize the moving in her cloak as possibly being the little creature and maybe even remembers the nickname she had for him, which is Scarf. As in, he Scarfs all the food he sees.]
Vidar meets Nexendia's eyes. That is his only form of acknowledgement. He waits for his brother to speak.
Valdi smiles broadly at the new introduction, but just silently nods when the elven woman makes an excuse to depart from their company. He seems somewhat used to the dismissive nature of the nobility.

"Vidar brother, it is only a few hours ride. Do you think we need to seek other companions here? or shall we begin our journey?"

"Lady, do you need supplies?"
In Taldane Vidar speaks. "There is strength in numbers. We should seek all who would band with us here, brother." He then takes the seat offered by Andra and orders another round of ales for the group. After the ales arrive Vidar speaks again. "I do not know these lands. What lies ahead?"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon