RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

[IC] A Stolen Land
[OoC: Whether we beat them to death or scared the wolves away we still defeated the wolves.  The same is true with traps.  Whether you destroy, fly over, sneak around or disarm a trap, you get XP's regardless of how you get past it.   Smile  

And how many xp's should we have?  My sheet said I had 750.  So +400 equals 1150xp's.  But I see Valdi has 1350xp's.  Did I miss some XP?  Or was Valdi slipped some XP for some reason like roleplaying?  Which is fine if he did, I'm just wondering if I made a mistake.]

Nex looks around at the party and says, "Perhaps we should count ourselves lucky and stick to the open fields.  We were extremely lucky this pack was very small.  As the de facto leader I cannot in good conscience lead our group into increased danger without 100% consensus that the original party, including Tushou, agrees to travel deeper into the forest.  So shall we continue onward or shall we explore the open areas a little more before attempting the woods again?"
Quote this message in a reply
(02-21-2018, 03:11 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [OoC: Whether we beat them to death or scared the wolves away we still defeated the wolves.  The same is true with traps.  Whether you destroy, fly over, sneak around or disarm a trap, you get XP's regardless of how you get past it.   Smile  

And how many xp's should we have?  My sheet said I had 750.  So +400 equals 1150xp's.  But I see Valdi has 1350xp's.  Did I miss some XP?  Or was Valdi slipped some XP for some reason like roleplaying?  Which is fine if he did, I'm just wondering if I made a mistake.]

Nex looks around at the party and says, "Perhaps we should count ourselves lucky and stick to the open fields.  We were extremely lucky this pack was very small.  As the de facto leader I cannot in good conscience lead our group into increased danger without 100% consensus that the original party, including Tushou, agrees to travel deeper into the forest.  So shall we continue onward or shall we explore the open areas a little more before attempting the woods again?"
[OoC no you are right it should be 1150.. I should not be updating my character sheet with toddlers screaming in te same room., It makes math hard lol]
- IMHO it is better if we explore this forest cos we must know what kind of creature are living in our land.
(02-21-2018, 03:11 AM)Nexendia Wrote: Nex looks around at the party and says, "Perhaps we should count ourselves lucky and stick to the open fields.  We were extremely lucky this pack was very small.  As the de facto leader I cannot in good conscience lead our group into increased danger without 100% consensus that the original party, including Tushou, agrees to travel deeper into the forest.  So shall we continue onward or shall we explore the open areas a little more before attempting the woods again?"

I'm following you, lady.
(02-21-2018, 07:07 PM)Eran Wrote: - IMHO it is better if we explore this forest cos we must know what kind of creature are living in our land.

Vidar looks visibly surprised at the mention of turning back now.  His gut always told him to keep going.  Had they traveled all day through the rain only to turn back at the sight of wolves? He looks to Eran, at least he wanted to drive on. Vidar wanted to hear the others speak first though, especially Valdi, he was still injured.  "Brother, what do you see ahead?" Vidar asks superstitiously.
(02-28-2018, 09:13 PM)Vidar the Red Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 07:07 PM)Eran Wrote: - IMHO it is better if we explore this forest cos we must know what kind of creature are living in our land.

Vidar looks visibly surprised at the mention of turning back now.  His gut always told him to keep going.  Had they traveled all day through the rain only to turn back at the sight of wolves? He looks to Eran, at least he wanted to drive on. Vidar wanted to hear the others speak first though, especially Valdi, he was still injured.  "Brother, what do you see ahead?" Vidar asks superstitiously.

"I am actually thinking we need to push on and make contact with these fey. We have already stepped foot into their home. It might be construed as impolite if we do not introduce ourselves. The fey have strange customs we may not be able to fathom, but they did respond to Andra that they were not responsible for the wolves."
(02-21-2018, 03:11 AM)Nexendia Wrote: [OoC: Whether we beat them to death or scared the wolves away we still defeated the wolves.  The same is true with traps.  Whether you destroy, fly over, sneak around or disarm a trap, you get XP's regardless of how you get past it.   Smile  ]

[ooc: physically avoiding an obstacle does not grant XP.  Some amount of agency into mitigating the obstacle itself must be accomplished before XP is to be awarded.  Otherwise, you could cast a fly spell, fly over a room full of creatures, and start churning out huge amounts of XP.  That can't work.]
"Andra, can you talk to the Fey nearby?" Vidar asks as he scans around the forest, looking for little magical creatures.  "Tell them why we are here, to fight the bandits and free the land."
Andra frowns, her bow still in her hand as if she's waiting for more danger to come their way.  "I don't hear anything.  I think Nexendia can concur on that.  The fey likely moved on, I think."

"You sure about that?  They could still have something mean-spirited in store for us so soon after that wolfpack attack."

"They aren't mean-spirited to anyone except you, Happs, because you're a bandit.  Prove yourself and that might change."
Vidar nods to Andra.  He then cracks a smirk at the verbal lashing Happs just received.  In Skald he says to his brother,
"You might have to heal Happs after that scolding."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon