RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

[IC] A Stolen Land
"We need to do something to scare them a bit more permanently, or they will just await another opportunity."
Quote this message in a reply
(02-15-2018, 09:24 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [How do you define “interacting with” an illusion?  Is touching it actually a requirement to believing or disbelieving it?  I’ve personally Seen some things that I could tell were illusions that others with me could not.]

Ooc - Per the article Nex mentioned, and I never thought of this before reading it, "interacting with" really means "using an action" be it standard or move.  So even talking to an illusion of a guard, while speech is a free action, requires time to wait for a response and then allow a will save for disbelief which should take some time.  The more I think about illusions the more I think they have been undervalued in most games I have played in the past.  The trade-off being the lack of real damage for the ability to completely alter the actions of everyone around the spellcaster.  There is some real risk reward in illusions. :Smile It all comes down to game mechanics though.  A standard action for a standard action is fair in my opinion.

Vidar does his best to scare the wolves off like Valdi suggested.  He raises his dragon shield high and yells at the two wolves, even lifting his cloak up to appear larger. "RAAAAAAARRRRRRRR! Back you dogs!"  

[url=Intimidate/Handle Animal[1d20] = 19]Intimidate Wolves[/url] (+11 Intimidate or +6 Handle Animal) = +30 or +25 
[OoC: How many wolves are in this pack?   ]

[OoC2: I want to point out that wolves are each 2 hit dice and if they score a hit they get an automatic trip attempt.  So I think we want to avoid them if at all possible.]

(02-16-2018, 03:06 AM)Vidar the Red Wrote: Vidar does his best to scare the wolves off like Valdi suggested.  He raises his dragon shield high and yells at the two wolves, even lifting his cloak up to appear larger. "RAAAAAAARRRRRRRR! Back you dogs!"  

[url=Intimidate/Handle Animal[1d20] = 19]Intimidate Wolves[/url] (+11 Intimidate or +6 Handle Animal) = +30 or +25 

Vidar's attempt at intimidation is so impressive that for a moment Nexendia fears she might need to change her undergarments!  She continues to make the wall of bears act menacingly while saying, "We should slowly back away from them and withdraw.  I'm not sure if this is a fight we can win."

If everyone agrees, she will slowly begin to back away from the wolves.

[OoC3: Since concentrating on a spell is a standard action, all Nex can do is move.  So if someone has a free Standard action you should attempt to disbelieve in case this is all a Fey Illusion.]
OOC - Pack: 3-12. If only three then we have a chance Big Grin

Tushou [1d20+8] = 1+8 = 9 init

Are they within 30ft?

He throws his javelin into the injured wolf.

He changes martial flexibility (move action) to "Deadly Aim" (-1att,+2dmg)

Tushou [1d20+4] = 19+4 = 23 attack
Tushou [1d6+6] = 4+6 = 10 dmg
[OoC: The description reads that, "ALL BUT TWO" are scared but then says, "the OTHER 2 see through the illusion" so it kinda sounds like there might only 4 wolves. If there are only 4 wolves and the party (especially the front line) are willing to chance the trip attempts, then Nexendia would agree to attempting to defeat them.  But if there are only 4 wolves we should consider ourselves lucky and maybe try to enter the woods after gaining a level or two.]
[huh...that’s a clear mistake on my part. Was supposed to say “The others.” Must be a autocorrect fail. In other words, there are two wolves that saw through the illusion...well one now that Tushou impaled the wounded one. There are now a grand total of eight pairs of yellow wolf eyes and only one pair is looking at the group directly...You know what? I’m just going to call it. Vidar’s Intimidate plus Tushou killing one of them did it.]

Vidar lets out a frightening roar to almost beggar the bears in front of him, causing the wolf pack to start rethinking things. They are already starting to draw away from you when Tushou’s javelin silences one of the two remaining voices of dissent. As a group, the Wolfpack scatters and disappears into the forest.
Eran renews the Ghost Sound if necessary.
"Good throw." Vidar says to Tushuo.  Seeing the wolves have run off, Vidar goes to make sure the wolf is dead and not just maimed.
Tushou nods and follows Vidar. He pulls out his javelin from the victim. Nice animal. It's a waste.
[[Mainly because I’m such a nice guy, but also because Tushou needs to start generating some XP, I’m awarding you all XP as if you’d defeated the encounter. 400 XP each.]]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon