RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account




$81.68 donated / $385 needed
for site upkeep Jun 2017-2018!

  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5


[IC] A Stolen Land
(01-30-2018, 03:59 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [[Are we waiting on me?  Classwork + Work-work + illness = a very frustrated, stressed-out dougfan.]]

[OoC yup]
Quote this message in a reply
As you venture forth into the darkened treeline, you begin to hear all manner of beast and bird making a general ruckus all about.  Crickets chirp, birds twitter, a wolf howls in the near distance. In fact, that howl is answered by a fair number of other howls...and they seem to be getting closer!  Andra grits her teeth as she looks up at the canopy, as if she'd heard something.  Happs starts acting very jittery and draws his bow and an arrow, knocking it and drawing the string back.  He looks straight ahead.  "Uhh...this isn't looking like a great idea right now..."

((Intentions?))
Quote this message in a reply
(02-13-2018, 01:18 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: As you venture forth into the darkened treeline, you begin to hear all manner of beast and bird making a general ruckus all about.  Crickets chirp, birds twitter, a wolf howls in the near distance.  In fact, that howl is answered by a fair number of other howls...and they seem to be getting closer!  Andra grits her teeth as she looks up at the canopy, as if she'd heard something.  Happs starts acting very jittery and draws his bow and an arrow, knocking it and drawing the string back.  He looks straight ahead.  "Uhh...this isn't looking like a great idea right now..."

((Intentions?))

Relax, don't be a coward. Wolfs smell out the fear.
Quote this message in a reply
"Fae can make illusory sounds can they not?"

Valdi remains calm, and gestures for Happs to lower his bow.
Quote this message in a reply
Happs starts to lower his bow and Andra looks around, saying something in Sylvan that some of you don't understand.  There is a chitter in response, as if a cricket rubbing its legs together.  The howls do not stop and you can see movement in the distance.  Happs' bow comes back up.

"Illusion or not, I'm not being caught by something real just because there's a chance it might not be."

Andra responds by drawing her own bow and knocking an arrow.  "Nope, they're real."

Nexendia and Eran heard a distinctly three-sided conversation between Andra and whomever she was communicating with.  The gist of it was that Andra was asking if they were being pranked.  One of the other two voices expressed surprise that one of the 'big'uns' could speak their language.  The other said that they hadn't even begun to prank them.
Quote this message in a reply
Ooc - is there any good defensible position nearby like large rocks to stand on, thorny bushes, large group of trees, or ditch?

"The smell of boar meat is in the air and they come for scraps then."  Vidar looks for a good place to make a stand.  "Let's stick together, back to back, and protect the horses!" He barks.
Quote this message in a reply
Eran whispers to the others: - Don't afraid the sound of bear!
And emulates a roaring bear with his Ghost Sound spell.
Quote this message in a reply
There seems to be a sort of pause as you hear a few soft whimpers and barks, then the barks grow in intensity and ferocity as they continue to approach...albeit a bit more cautiously.

((You’ve earned a turn or two of extra time to prepare before the pack arrives))
Quote this message in a reply
(02-13-2018, 08:22 PM)Eran Wrote: Eran whispers to the others: - Don't afraid the sound of bear!
And emulates a roaring bear with his Ghost Sound spell.

Ooc - clever thinking! Vidar just shit his pants, makes him less appetizing!Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
(02-13-2018, 06:10 PM)Vidar the Red Wrote: Ooc - is there any good defensible position nearby like large rocks to stand on, thorny bushes, large group of trees, or ditch?

"The smell of boar meat is in the air and they come for scraps then."  Vidar looks for a good place to make a stand.  "Let's stick together, back to back, and protect the horses!" He barks.

Tushou nods and stays 10ft next to Vidar with a javelin in his hand.  Spellcasters and horses behind us!
If "they" are close (one or two rounds) he activates his Martial flexibility (Improved Initial) waiting the attack.

For example:

         |Vidar| 5ft | Tushou|
Andra|        |      |            | Happs
          horses, spellcasters
                  Valdi
Quote this message in a reply

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  




Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Forum software by © MyBB - Custom theme © iAndrew 2014 - All Material and Content © artCain, HJCain, and RPGAddicts 2009 - 2015
     
ABOUT US
A gaming group started in late 2005 when several members (from all over the world) came together on a long-running forum website called Plothook.net (formally known as Highmoon.net). Several games transformed from a by-the-book format to highly modified versions that became new hybrid systems with completely custom rules and abilities. Ten years later, these faithful players wanted to secure their work and their stories, becoming the basis of these forums.