RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

[IC] A Stolen Land
[OoC: Sorry, 60hr work week along with Medical stuff ate up my time. But I will post when I get home from work. ]
Quote this message in a reply
Nex replies, "It seems the most vocal among us wish to explore the forest.  And since none of the paths before us stand out among the other options we might as well enter the woods.  I suggest that we mark our way while we explore.  Fey are tricky and we must do our best to safe guard against their shenanigans.  That includes making sure they aren't following along behind us and altering or erasing our markings after we've moved on. We must also keep our wits about us and disbelieve anything that looks or sounds peculiar.  If anyone has any more suggestion, now's the time to speak them."
Tushou nods and straps on his round shield "I'm ready. We should find a way to contact them when we think they are near."
"All sound suggestions, lady." Valdi lowers his crossbow, and slings it back on his back along with his bardiche. Dismounting slowly and awkqwardly he readies himself for walking into the forest, making sure his coat conceals rteh cold iron hammer slung in his belt, instead readying a throwing axe in his hand, to mark their trail with blazes as he follows the group.
(01-15-2018, 10:40 PM)Tushou Wrote: Tushou nods and straps on his round shield "I'm ready. We should find a way to contact them when we think they are near."

"I believe that will be Eran's job," Nex replies.  "We can keep an eye out for the fey [active and passive perception checks] but speaking with them may be a delicate matter.  Anyone of us can aid Eran with diplomacy but he should take the lead in any negotiations."

"If there are no further suggestions or concerns we should start our journey."

Nex will nod toward Vidar to start leading them into the forest.
- Okay. Follow me and I will lead the negotiations.
Vidar leads the way with Eran by his side if the forest permits, Eran the brains and Vidar the brawn.

Ooc - Does Vidar have any knowledge of Fey creatures that he could be aware of, from stories told by his Uncle Snorri? I've asked a couple times but it may have been overlooked. Using Knowledge Arcana +5
[[Information about the fey is actually a Knowledge (nature) check...and Vidar...
Knowledge Nature: [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21 ...knows a surprisingly fair amount]]

Vidar knows that the Fey are considered to be supernatural creatures with some sort of innate connection to Nature, the natural world, and possibly some other force or plane. Folk legends say that they will guard the innocent who pass through their domains and enjoy sweet, sugary foods. While not all fey are necessarily Good-aligned, few are Evil. Most only wish to frolic through the forests, playing mischievous pranks on unwitting passersby. They have a deep, abiding dislike of cold iron, which affects them on a deep level and is one of the few things that can cause them serious harm. Just having an item composed of cold iron is typically enough to get on a fey's bad side. Typically, the average fey is enamored with beauty and repulsed by ugliness, hence their tendency to have strongly positive affiliations with Elves, and quite the opposite with Trolls.
Ooc - Thanks! That makes a big difference!

Before proceeding further, Vidar shares a few things he just remembered.  "Valdi, do yo remember the stories our uncle told us?  The Fey do not like cold-forged weapons.  We should not brandish them."  He looks at Tushou's warrior (-1) face and wonders if the Fey will find him repulsive or not.  Vidar liked a strong serious warrior face but he couldn't speak for Fey on that matter. He bit his tongue, who was he to tell Tushou that he was the ugliest of the group? Then he looks at Andra, the ice-queen, and wonders how well she would respond to a prank.  He wonders the same thing about himself...
(01-17-2018, 04:17 AM)Vidar the Red Wrote: Ooc - Thanks! That makes a big difference!

Before proceeding further, Vidar shares a few things he just remembered.  "Valdi, do yo remember the stories our uncle told us?  The Fey do not like cold-forged weapons.  We should not brandish them."  He looks at Tushou's warrior (-1) face and wonders if the Fey will find him repulsive or not.  Vidar liked a strong serious warrior face but he couldn't speak for Fey on that matter. He bit his tongue, who was he to tell Tushou that he was the ugliest of the group? Then he looks at Andra, the ice-queen, and wonders how well she would respond to a prank.  He wonders the same thing about himself...

Valdi just nods and and lifts his arms slightly so that Vidar can see, or rarther not see, that the hammer is not at his waist. 

Valdi obviously hopes his brother takes the hint that he is not about to go around shouting "I have no cold iron weapon hidden, nope, not me."  The hammer has been hidden several minuytes already, he is not going to pull it out to re-hide it for Vidar's satisfaction.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon