RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

[IC] A Stolen Land
(01-05-2018, 03:47 PM)DM Dougfan Wrote: [[Bah! this is taking me forever.  I'll get them attached to me eventually.]]

Andra shakes her head, backing away slightly from the treeline.  "The fey are in there, just not right inside.  I believe I...heard something.  Just beyond the twitter of birds.  We will be watched while we are in there."

Happs grumbles something about wishing he had some cold iron, to which Andra coldly responds "And that would do...what?  Make them angry with us and turn them into hostile adversaries?"

Happs has nothing in response to that.

Without letting Happs see, he doesn't want to remind the man, Valdi, who is thankfully in the rear of the group turns his horse at an angle that allows Andra to see, since she would be looking back at the party, while the party looks toward the forest. As he does so he shuffles his long armoured coat to cover the head of the cold-iron hammer that he keeps slung in his belt.
Quote this message in a reply
Nex arches a brow at how Andra snapped at Happs.  "While we should not attack the creatures at first sight, I believe we should take stock of what equipment we have available to defend ourselves if the fey decide to attack us for some unknown reason or decide to make us the butt of some of their nastier jokes.  Fey are notoriously fickle and even a normally benevolent fey can be a deadly adversary if you've slighted it even in the tiniest of ways.  Simply urinating on the wrong tree or stepping on the wrong toadstool and you could find yourself in an enormous amount of trouble."

"I personally have a cold iron dagger that someone may borrow and I can share a few of my cold iron crossbow bolts.  And since fey come in a variety of sizes, I have spools of twine and string, both 50' as well as 50' of silk rope that may come in handy."  
"Cold iron crossbow bolts. You have great foresight to have such Lady. I myself have my hammer which I have just covered to keep from sight. Distributing the crossbow bolts might be a good idea though. Even just one each since most of us have crossbows."
I don't know much about fey and I also like combat but they are some creatures with connection to nature, forest, aren't they? Why don't we make contact with them first? Perhaps they know where is the temple of Erastil, the camp of bandits and the lair of kobolds. Andra, can you call them here or can you inform them we have come in peace?
(01-05-2018, 11:55 PM)Valdi Wrote: "Cold iron crossbow bolts. You have great foresight to have such Lady. I myself have my hammer which I have just covered to keep from sight. Distributing the crossbow bolts might be a good idea though. Even just one each since most of us have crossbows."

[OoC: I could be wrong but I think only Valdi and Eran has crossbows.  Everyone else seem to have regular bows, javelins or Throwing Axes.]

Nex nods and has her familiar fly four (might be three if I missed anyone who has a crossbow) Cold Iron crossbow bolts over to both Valdi and Eran.  

"I can aid whomever is skilled in diplomacy with the fey.  But as an elf in a human kingdom, I've never seen any need nor have I ever been asked to negotiate for the crown.  Perhaps it is a skill I should consider learning."

[OoC: Eran is actually the most skilled at Diplomacy (+9) in the group.  ]
"Does anyone speak the sylvan tongue?"
"I do," Nex replies.  

[OoC: So does Andra and thankfully Eran.   Smile  So Andra and Nex can both Aid Another on Eran's Diplomacy checks. ]
(12-29-2017, 07:44 PM)Vidar the Red Wrote: Ooc - What time of day is it? Morning?  And thanks Eran for the map.

"Do we press on or go around?" Vidar asks the others.  He tries to remember any legends or stories his Uncle Snorri might have told him and Valdi about the Fey. (Knowledge Arcana apply here?)

Ooc - Couldn't find a campaign ID, I probably forgot so rolled on the fly [url=Arcana [1d20+5] = 18+5 = 23]Knowledge Fey[/url] Just looking for any common knowledge here.

Vidar wasn't in the talking mood after the rain, wetness, and horseback riding.  The only "diplomacy" he was any good at was when he had an axe against someone's throat.
Eran nods to Nex:  Thanks the bolts. I also speak sylvan and if you think I could try to negotiate with them.

[OOC - this was the request so Eran has got a high diplomacy skill and he could try the checks "two times" Big Grin ]
Tushou nods. "Try it."

[OOC - Oh, you are our Ruler, fine Smile So try it once or twice Smile]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon