RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

[IC] A Stolen Land
Valdi looks to the group. 

"it is up to you, our fellows.  I have the skill to butcher these animals for their meat to supplement our food, but it will take a few hours of our time."

[OoC Survival +8]
Quote this message in a reply
"We cut it up together!" [Survival +5]

Happs walks over, storing his nocked arrow and slipping his bow over his shoulder.

"I can assist as well." [Survival +5]
"Many hands, light work. Let's get to it."

Valdi sets to work with the others skinning the boar hides off, scraping them as clean as possible, before rolling them up and tying them behind saddles.

"We will stake these out tonight to cure once we camp tonight, sorry for the flies in the meantime.".

Then he returns to butchering the boars,  cutting the meat into manageable pieces that can be slung behind and behind saddles to  drain.

"We will have to smoke these tonight as well."
Meat wasn't really Nexendia's choice of food.  She knew men and even a few elves had a taste for animal flesh but she avoided feeding upon other living creatures.  In an emergency, her survival instinct would likely overcome this aversion but thankfully Nex had never been in a situation where she would need to make such a terrible choice.  Scarf would have less of an issue. He usually ate fish or insects but would likely enjoy a few tiny scraps of boar.  Actually there wasn't much his iron pit of a stomach wouldn't eat.
[[Boar are quite large.  250 pounds or so on average.  That equates to about 150 or so pounds of meat once you gut them, skin them, and get rid of the parts you don't want.  That's per boar.  You're going to be hauling 600 pounds of pork, plus one or two hundred pounds of hide once they've been cured.  You also might want to de-hair the things because boar, unlike most domesticated pigs, have lots of hair.]]
[OoC I would say we only take the best cuts and leav the rest for the crows, and the skins.. the carrion animals will devour everything we leave , so we should take the best.. the other option is to bury what we do not take beneath a cairn and come back for it later, but I assumed the climate was too warm for that to be practical]
Eran collects the ammunitions and repairs them with his cantrip (mending) while our butchers are working hard.
Since Valdi ignored her question Nex figured that perhaps his pride was injured.  She doesn't bring up the question again so as to not rub salt into any imagined wounds he might have regarding his near death experience.  But then Nex thinks, 'Rub salt..' and suddenly she has an idea. 

Strolling over to where they are butchering the boar, Nex then says, "I have a spell that may be of assistance.  I can use it to help flavor up to one pound of meat per casting.  Salting, peppering, adding a smoky flavor [Flavor] is all possible.  It can likely help dry the meat and remove excess blood and debris [clean] Just let me know what you need and I'll cast my prestidigitation to attempt to accomplish it for you."
[[How much pork jerky are you interested in making? You could, literally, make more jerky than you'd ever need for the rest of this campaign with nearly 1000 pounds of boar smoking over a fire. It would take a few days to smoke, but...Tongue]]
(09-14-2017, 05:42 AM)Nexendia Wrote: Since Valdi ignored her question Nex figured that perhaps his pride was injured.  She doesn't bring up the question again so as to not rub salt into any imagined wounds he might have regarding his near death experience.  But then Nex thinks, 'Rub salt..' and suddenly she has an idea. 

Strolling over to where they are butchering the boar, Nex then says, "I have a spell that may be of assistance.  I can use it to help flavor up to one pound of meat per casting.  Salting, peppering, adding a smoky flavor [Flavor] is all possible.  It can likely help dry the meat and remove excess blood and debris [clean] Just let me know what you need and I'll cast my prestidigitation to attempt to accomplish it for you."

[OoC sorry I missed your question regarding if he needs anything.. so we will go with the pride excuse lol]

"Salt? That would be great.. can you salt as much as possible? We will set that aside. Even if itb is only a few pounds."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon