RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crunch stuff
Oh, Andra is technically a noble. Just an incredibly minor one, and not likely to ever inherit anything. Basically.... no authority, no lands, because her older siblings got all of that. But by blood, she's noble, and she grew up around nobles who actually would get stuff. Which pretty much makes her.... a cranky person.
Quote this message in a reply
(06-21-2016, 09:39 PM)Vitkyng Wrote: Vidar and I have brainstormed a way.. just seeing whether he likes my latest idea.. we'll probably be bastards

and take the Bastard trait.. so illegitimate sons come looking for dad from our far off country/upbringing

I think you should call at least one of them 'Jon Snow' and the other should keep telling him he knows nothin'. Tongue

(06-21-2016, 10:33 PM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: Oh, Andra is technically a noble. Just an incredibly minor one, and not likely to ever inherit anything. Basically.... no authority, no lands, because her older siblings got all of that. But by blood, she's noble, and she grew up around nobles who actually would get stuff. Which pretty much makes her.... a cranky person.

I sit corrected. Bet she just jumped at the opportunity here then.
(06-22-2016, 12:23 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote: I think you should call at least one of them 'Jon Snow' and the other should keep telling him he knows nothin'. Tongue
I sit corrected.  Bet she just jumped at the opportunity here then.

Thing 1: I'm sure Andra will be more than willing to tell him that.

Thing 2: Yes. To get away from the morons who are not nearly as qualified for their place in society... At least in her opinion.
(06-22-2016, 12:23 AM)DM Dougfan Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 09:39 PM)Vitkyng Wrote: Vidar and I have brainstormed a way.. just seeing whether he likes my latest idea.. we'll probably be bastards

and take the Bastard trait.. so illegitimate sons come looking for dad from our far off country/upbringing

I think you should call at least one of them 'Jon Snow' and the other should keep telling him he knows nothin'. Tongue

(06-21-2016, 10:33 PM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: Oh, Andra is technically a noble. Just an incredibly minor one, and not likely to ever inherit anything. Basically.... no authority, no lands, because her older siblings got all of that. But by blood, she's noble, and she grew up around nobles who actually would get stuff. Which pretty much makes her.... a cranky person.

I sit corrected.  Bet she just jumped at the opportunity here then.

If one of us is Jon Snow then we get dire wolf pups too ;P

If Andra is a noble then she'll need at least two hired mercenaries right? ;D Ulfens are the best warriors, just sayin... But seriously we should think about a good tie-in with our characters too. Does Andra like drinking contests? Bashing heads together to see who is the toughest? Or like drawing runes... wait, wait, I think I have an idea... yes it's an idea.

Andra could have sought out Valdi to read her future, to see if she would gain back the honor and respect she deserves. Not sure if that's his thing but I know Vikings would throw bones to foresee events.
Yup, he has the trait Fortune-Teller. Aside from being a priest, reading the runes would be his main source of income.
Yup, Valdi has the Fortune-Teller feat. reading runes is an important part of a godhi's priestly duties.
The divination thing is interesting, though her motives would be more "Making a name for her damn self" instead of proving herself worthy of the family's things. Because to hell with other peoples' opinions, she's gonna go be badass without them. All the more reason her family is quite happy to be rid of her.

I should add that anyone who had been anywhere near her would know that people (mostly guys) would call her "The Ice Queen" behind her back. Something about failing to find a suitable noble man to marry, because she insists on insulting their intelligence and, even if they are of higher station, telling them that they aren't worthy of her.
Hi,

I will come with an arcanist who can be filled the magister role. If this position (arcane caster) and role are free at now.
We haven't even started the game, but someone with high Charisma will be needed for the Ruler position. A kingdom without a Ruler is like a ship without a rudder.
I can readjust Vidar's stats to up his CHA, he'll be casting sorcerer spells anyway. I just figured we would have more game time to level up before we ruled the world! I was originally going to make Vidar have Silver Dragon blood, you know the whole cold north man bit, but thought having angry Red Dragon blood coursing through him fit better with his rage ability. Reading some of the history of Brevoy, I didn't realize the last rulers had ties to Red dragons. Cool!

I think Valdi's and Vidar's father is going to be the Pirate Vali Dobos, who has ties with House Surtova. Or we can leave it up to you...

Vidar could make an excellent General too.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon