RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crunch stuff
Valdi and Vidar are half-brothers, both from the Iobarrian city of Orlov (http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Orlov), who are Bastard sons of the pirate Vali Dobos (http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Vali_Dobos). At least that is what their mothers both claim. Once he reached the age of 9 Valdi's mother sent him to foster beneath the roof of her brother, Snorri, an accomplished Skald. He was only there a short time, putting up with the ridicule of being a bastard, when Vidar arrived. Despite being raised under the same roof the boys have very different outlooks, but are fiercely loyal to one another, family and clan. As bastards, born to mothers out of wed-lock, they have had to stand together often against clansmen who looked down on them and often bullied them. This has made them both hard young men, and able fighters, and also strengthened their bond. It has also fueled in them a need to seek answers, answers that according to rumours can only be answered in Brevoy, where their rumoured father is supposedly connected to House Surtova.

Valdi's mother, managed to get him apprenticed to a godhi (Sketi Hallison), who was glad to have an able pupil to pass down the lore of Odhinn and the runes to, as the tradition is almost a faded memory among the mostly druidic nation of Iobaria. Sketi recently passed, but having no sons of his own to be his heirs, he bequethed his most important possession, his ancestral weapon, the hammer 'draup-hnefi' ('Rime-fist'). With the passing of his mentor Valdi has finally decided to give in and accompany Vidar in a quest to either find their father and get answers of why he twice dishonoured their mothers, or failing that to make a name for themselves so that no one would look on them as bastards anymore. Snorri has asked Valdi to keep an eye on his hot-headed brother, if either one brings shame to the clan they will not be welcomed home.
Quote this message in a reply
I didn't find the "starting money".
How much money the characters begin?
I just used the default for my character class.
Yeah, just use default for the class.
As did I. warpriest is 5d6x10 gp or 175gp.. I just used the 175 gp.
There is a little but important difference between DnD3.5 and SRD 3.5 (and PF)
DnD3.5 page 131 CLOTHING Wrote:Different characters may want different outfits for various occasions. A beginning character is assumed to have an artisan’s, entertainer’s, explorer’s, monk’s, peasant’s, scholar’s, or traveler’s outfit. This first outfit is free and does not count against the amount of weight a character can carry.

The last part is missing from the SRD 3.5, so this is the reason why it doesn't exist in the Pathfinder RPG.

PF Clothing Wrote:All characters begin play with one outfit, valued at 10 gp less. Additional outfits can be purchased normally.

Worn clothes count towards carrying capacity? forum

Could we use the original rule from the PHB?
Do you have a special house rule for that?
Yeah. I noticed that in the SRD. Picked a... explorer's outfit? It's written in my sheet, pretty sure. I'm a a bar where they make strong drinks so.. yeah.
(06-25-2016, 01:45 AM)Andra Petrescu Wrote: Yeah. I noticed that in the SRD. Picked a... explorer's outfit? It's written in my sheet, pretty sure. I'm a a bar where they make strong drinks so.. yeah.

Strong drink in my hand, but the explorer's outfit is exactly 10gp.. So all good.  I took the cold weather outfit even though the explorer's out fit is technically better, because, furs look better on vikings.   Big Grin
Would've chose the cold weather wool outfit too but it made Vidar itch. Vidar wears the leathers of a soldier now with a big brown bear fur cloak over his shoulders. I usually keep good track of gear and weight, they do add up quick, but I never knew about the 3.5 rule. I like it!
Eran is done and here is his background story:

Eran didn't know his parents. After his born a beggar (Tod) adopted him and used his naturally charm to earn much more money in Restov's streets.
In his childhood a few missionary arrived from the Empire of Kelesh to spreading their faiths. They convinced the old Tod to join to their new settlement which was built a little bit far from Restov (about 4 day with walk). Tod died there when Eran was 20.

Eran grow up in this isolated settlement. He worked hard in the grain fields or where he needed it. The abbot (Bart) teached him the faith of Sarenrae and tried to initiate him into the higher mysteries. Eran learnt some mundane skills, but it does not feel any great interest in him.

In this time a wizard (Nerf) settled there to die in a peacefull village. Nerf found the talent in Eran. So he decided it, he will teach everything to him. Nerf couldn't was able to finish his teaching, because he died. So, Eran must to complete his study alone.

A few days ago Eran and some other settlers arrived to Restov to trade with their goods. Eran heard the news about the expanding of Rostland’s influence into the Stolen Lands. He decided to join an expedition to quest southward. Where maybe he could find some new unique magical forms or items while he is serving to his Land.

He said a big farewell to his friends and ...

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon